Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground... Tonight

goodhelmet

This looks pretty good on paper...

Pre-Show: R Truth vs. King Barrett - Garbage. I probably own't tune in to the pre-show.

Sheamus vs. Randy Orton - I feel like Sheamus should win but I could see them putting Randy Orton over just because. The match could be really great or just there.

Prime Time Players vs. New Day - I like the PTP so I hope they retain. This could be a fun match.

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt - I hope this is a one and done deal and not the beginning of a three month arc. I know people are really high on Reigns as a wrestler and I feel like Wyatt is the perfect opponent to see how good Reigns really is.

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens - I don't know how they are playing this. Picking Cena because I still don't believe they are going to push Owens much higher.

Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins - I am guessing that the Authority end up costing Brock the match. My hope is that they just have Brock crush Rollins and end the Rollins experiment on top.

Are there any other matches I am missing? These are the only 6 official matches on wwe.com.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Sheamus as a worker, and Orton can certainly be good, but that match is really risky even in St. Louis. Those two have died so many times in front of live crowds I'm shocked they are doing it again. Even if it works this time they need to kill the feud here.

I'm dreading Reigns v. Wyatt, and I'm as high on Reigns as it gets. Wyatt has no value to me at all at this point. I'm resentful that he's even on the card.

If Owens wasn't rematching Balor I would have assumed Owens had a shot at winning against Cena. Now I think he has no shot. To me the real question is if they use the match to set up something big for Cena next.

With Ryback off the show due to injury we might be spared Miz and Show or they might have a match. I wish their time would be given to Cesaro v. Rusev or something of that ilk but that seems unlikely.

I expect something with the Divas, possibly a tag match.

There are all sorts of rumors about people coming back, being reunited, et. I think it's telling that more focus has been on that then the matches. So much for Brock having value as a special attraction.

I wish they would have switched it and had Orton/Wyatt that way the two guys who are totally dead as characters and bring down everyone they touch could be stuck with each other. Hell they could feud for a year for all I care.

If Roman Reigns gets something good out of Bray Wyatt tonight he'll have made himself the undisputed MVP of WWE PPVs this year.

Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins - I am guessing that the Authority end up costing Brock the match. My hope is that they just have Brock crush Rollins and end the Rollins experiment on top.

But how else can we ever see Kane take on Rollins for the title, or HHH booking himself to get one last title win? The people demand these programs!

This looks pretty good on paper..

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the show tonight. I've been waiting a couple of weeks for it. RAW nowadays is pretty tough for me to get through because there's just so much freaking filler. I mean, commercial breaks kill me nowadays. Not just on RAW but in general. I've been spoiled by the internet, Ad-Blocker, etc. The WWE PPVs though, it's all the matches & some recaps that catch me up on anything I missed from the weekly show. I feel like I save a lot of time but am still in touch with what's going on.

I'm excited for Owens/Cena 3 and Brock/Seth. Anything else is just bonus for me tonight. I have heard/read quite a bit of rumors surrounding this show, some even here, but I'm curious if any of it comes to fruition.

Also, like Dylan I'm super skeptical about the Sheamus/Orton match. I like Sheamus and I'm a fan of him working people over but Orton hasn't done anything for me for awhile. Someone else on here, Goodhelmet I think, maybe? Don't quote me on that. Anyway, the person that I can't remember mentioned that Orton doesn't resonate well with him until the finish of the match. That's how I feel too. Like everything until the very finish, the RKO spot, doesn't matter. Maybe they'll surprise me tonight though.

There are all sorts of rumors about people coming back, being reunited, et. I think it's telling that more focus has been on that then the matches. So much for Brock having value as a special attraction.

I don't think it says as much about Brock as it does about the inherent shittyness of The Authority and Rollins' reign. You can't get too excited for Brock when you know that the match is going to be full of bullshit and have a screwy finish. There's no incentive to invest.

My interest is at the lowest it has been in ages. Just can't stand Rollins on top, to the point that I 'm not even all that excited about a Brock match. I'm also as high as possible on Reigns, so that match is depressing, too. Add in the rumors, and this is probably a show that I shut off after an hour and go to bed.

The Authority storyline has slowly killed all the heat of everyone involved. Hell I've been saying this since January. It's basically laughable they are still continuing on with it

And they're going to continue it to Wrestlemania next year at the earliest, I'm sure. It's sad.

I didn't even know those were scheduled to be programs. In an attempt to enjoy these live shows more, I have tried to become Johnny-ignorant on what is going on in an attempt to enjoy the shows more.

Ignorant? Fuck you.

It may seem like a slight but it really isn't. You go in refusing to follow the background Meltzer stuff and giving the company the benefit of the doubt regardless of the circumstances. I am going in completely blind and ignorant on this show, not watching one TV show or keeping up with the backstage news and rumors.

Truth over Barrett(heard rumors that Barrett may be going back to Bad News Barrett)

Sheamus beats Orton

Charlotte wins the Divas title

New Day regain the tag titles

Bray beats Roman (maybe with help from Luke Harper)

Owens over Cena, I guess. Total coin flip prediction, there.

Brock beats Seth. Possible Authority/Taker/Kane shenanigans.

Sasha v Brie v Charlotte has been added to the show

One of those is definitely not like the other. Unfortunately that one is probably going to win

If we really are going to have Rollins vs Triple H at Summerslam then I would have to think that Brock is winning the title. I mean what bullshit would it be to have Triple H going for the title whether it be as heel or face

The problem is Owens is that at least twice we have used the "well it will be okay as long as". Losing the NXT is fine if he wins the US title. Losing to Cena tonight is bad but maybe fine as long as he wins it back at NXT Takeover. If he isn't a champ in the next couple weeks either US or NXT then it could be a problem

R-Truth vs. King Barrett: Barrett should win, and I expect him to. Not sure what their reasons for shitting on Barrett have been, but there's no reason for Truth to win here.

Sheamus vs. Randy Orton: This was just announced as the kickoff. Match only makes sense if it has any ramifications for the future, which it probably won't. Sheamus should win, but I actually think they'll give it to Orton given their usual booking of “guy holding prestigious title/award can afford to lose” and “face always wins first match in a feud.”

Prime Time Players vs. New Day: No idea where they're going with this, and it doesn't seem like the tag stuff is booked more than a few hours before each show. Division has lost its mojo since that bad Chamber match. I see PTP retaining on the strength of Titus burying JBL on commentary. Dude's very entertaining and it seems like they've recognized that he can talk. New Day need to be kept strong in some fashion here: I'd like them to lose, but then beat down PTP after the bell in a way that warrants a blowoff with stips at Summerslam.

Brie/Sasha/Charlotte: Charlotte wins to build her as Nikki's opponent, perhaps as soon as Summerslam.

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt: Like everyone else, I dread the idea that this feud could continue. I'm picking Wyatt largely to maintain a face/heel win balance, and because I think it gets rematched at Summerslam with Reigns getting his revenge and Sting in some ref/enforcer spot. I could even see Reigns getting DQ-ed here for kicking too much ass. Regardless: I predict this match will have the worse booking of the night. Allegedly this is where Sting shows up.

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens: I think there's a lot more money in Owens vs. Cesaro at Summerslam, and really don't know why this Owens feud happened if he isn't taking the title. That said, the booking hasn't been in his favor recently. I hope I'm wrong, but Cena's the safe bet, leading to either Cena doing his traditional Summerslam clinic with Cesaro, or a three-way with the two of them and Owens.

Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins – I again hope I'm wrong and that Brock wins it to build to a Reigns rematch. But it's too easy to book some kind of distraction, be it Authority or Taker. Rematch at Summerslam? Or god help us, Rollins-Taker? If Seth retains, they'll need to book something that leads to his SS opponent(s). I can't see HHH booking himself into a title match main event at Summerslam, which is another case for Brock winning, but I just don't think they're yet done/satisfied with Seth on top.

I'm sitting in the movie theater waiting for the show to start. I don't know if you have this in the USA but we can watch some PPV's in the theater in Canada. I am most excited for Cena vs Owens, but Lesnar vs Rollins is exciting me as well. New Day should be fun.

I'm behind on everything so I'm using the 20-30 minute window that for sure I can watch wrestling without distraction tonight to watch a Volador vs UG singles match for Segunda Caida. Putting the kid to sleep and a long supermarket run both have to happen tonight too.

Orton vs. Sheamus

- I don't recall enjoying a Sheamus match that much in ages, if ever. They went long but never lost me, which has happened with all of their recent encounters. Orton was motivated working at home and thus didn't look like he was asleep, while Sheamus took his ass kicking like a man and cut out most of the antics that have led me to hate him in recent years. Heel is a role that serves him very well.