Pro Wrestling Only

August 1983 Draft

Beast

I am not passing and have been in this spot before where guys want to have their cake (passing, leaving draft) and eat it (prevent whoever is left from hoovering up talent).

Someone PM ded.

Yea but this time we've already established a "no more than 1" rule. So even if you pick you can't grab whatever is left at the end. And peachchaos is first in the draft order not dedhemingway.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if someone legitimately wanted more than one guy that month and enough guys passed where it loops around?

If we're going to allow passing and keeping draft slot order if you do, then guys that want more than one guy should be allowed to keep drafting until everyone says they're done or there are no more wrestlers to draft that month.

Like goc said, it's counterproductive to force guys to draft talent if they don't want them, but the set-up should allow for them to find a home if someone legitimately wants them.

If you take more than one, that should count as your September pick and so on.

Disagree with this. Your penalty is that you're in the back of the line. If there is no one you deem useful, why should one care if others pick them up. You've already got your position set for the next month's draft, the guys who pick will end up at the back of the line.

Disagree with this. Your penalty is that you're in the back of the line. If there is no one you deem useful, why should one care if others pick them up. You've already got your position set for the next month's draft, the guys who pick will end up at the back of the line.

This is fine, at the same time I think there should be SOME kind of limit meaning you can't just suck up everyone left every single month.

This is fine, at the same time I think there should be SOME kind of limit meaning you can't just suck up everyone left every single month.

I think this can be self policed in the sense that I would hope everyone would draft only if they legitimately wanted the guy and have use for him. I do agree that taking guys for the sake of taking guys is not productive or should be condoned.

Don't see why there should be a penalty for other people's profulgency.

My tactics have been consistently punished because people want to pass on talent and then stop other people from having it? Totally bizarre. Pass and stay out or pick and move on. What is all this?

How exactly were you "punished" in the real draft? You DID take everyone left at the end.

If you continue to pick you continue to go back.

For example:

If you are pick #4 and choose a guy, you move back to #18

3 guys pick after you, they move behind you in the draft order so you're now at #15

You decide to pick another guy as the draft snakes back and now you're back at #18 again.