Pro Wrestling Only

August 1983 Draft

Beast

Going to get this started.

Rules -

1) Draft goes in order. You have the option of passing or picking. If you pick, you move to the back of the line. If you pass, you keep your spot for next month. So, don't pick if you have your eyes set on someone coming up in November.

2) If wrestlers remain after the first round finishes, the draft snakes back until all wrestlers are gone or all drafters pass. Any additional pick also sends the drafter to the end of the line for future months.

• peachchaos - PASS
  • TravJ - PASS
  • RocketCrypt - PASS
  • Beast - PASS
  • Boon - PASS
  • KrisZ - PASS
  • JHawk - PASS
  • dawho5 - PASS
  • goc - PASS
  • Cross Face - PASS
  • Grimmas - PASS
  • Jesse Ewiak - PASS
  • Wahoos Leg - PASS
  • JerryVonKramer - PASS
  • Flyin Brian - PASS
  • LowBlowPodcast - PASS
  • El Boricua - PASS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August -

Johnny Valiant

Steve Muslin (Travis)

John Tolos

Kurt Von Hess

Thunderbolt Patterson

Mark Savage

Dusty Woods

Bull Brannigan

------------------------------------------------------

Anyone after this point is not eligible for drafting yet. If anyone stands out as a worthwhile name, save your pick.

September -

Terry Garvin

Mike Fever

Scott Armstrong

Sam Houston

Don Kolov

Gene Ligon

Tony Torres

Marty Oates (Jannetty)

Buddy Moreno (Omar Atlas)

October -

Buddy Lane

Mike Bond

Doug Somers

666 (Jim Starr)

Dick Tessier

Denis Goulet

Charles Atlas

November -

Butch Miller

Steve Lombardi

Don Serrano

Jeff Gouldie

Roberto Renesto (Tom Branch)

John Cosman

John King

Hacksaw Higgins

Scrap Iron Sheppard

Greg Evans

Paul Kelly

Snake Brown

Mike Von Erich

December -

Barry Orton

Charles Buffong

Randy Webber

Franklin Hayes (John Tatum)

Greg Cooley (Wendell's brother)

Dennis Stamp

Terry Daniels

I'd say they roll over to the next month.

Pretend they're working for smaller groups and the big companies don't have room for them right now.

Just for example, if John Tolos is still unemployed in December, then that just shows that no promotor was looking for a guy like him at this time.

If everyone else passes and one promoter still wants guys, I suppose he can just continue taking the undrafted names from the back of the line.

I'd assume keep drafting until everyone says they are done. any names left over would roll over. There is the danger of guys constantly passing each month on picking and leaving a few low card names orphans, so we may need to figure out what happens if a guy is constantly rolled over.

Not in favor of making them free agents if we're allowing guys to pass on picks and keep their slot order for the next month. Someone could game the system keeping their draft slot for the next month but still getting someone via free agency.

Yea I don't think anyone should be allowed to take the scraps at the end like we did in the real draft. Then you could just pass every month and always get something while maintaining your spot in the draft order. Anyone not drafted should get put back in for the next month's.

Why? If there's no one you want in those months what does it matter? You aren't stacking draft picks, it's not like I skipped August so I get 2 in September. I just keep my spot in the order if someone ahead of me wants to pick.

I guess I just don't like the idea of guys not working who were working in the past. If everybody passes a bunch of times there will be undrafted guys for months and months and months.

They aren't going to be working if you force someone to take them who doesn't want to use them. They will be on a roster doing nothing.

Maybe if the draft is done for the month and there is left over guys then anyone can claim them?

We just established why that's not a workable solution because then you could just skip your draft pick, pick up a bunch of scrubs AND still have your pick the next month.