Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover Brooklyn is tonight on the Network. Looks like it's only a 2-hour show. Thought this should have it's own thread.

Anyway, the card:

NXT Title: Finn Bàlor© Vs. Kevin Owens (Ladder Match)

pOP51DR.jpg

NXT Women's Title: Sasha Banks© Vs. Bayley

VO49nAw.jpg

Samoa Joe Vs. Baron Corbin

EBkrEgZ.jpg

NXT Tag Titles: Blake/Murphy (w/ Alexa Bliss)© Vs. Vaudevillains

Sx7qudU.jpg

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Tyler Breeze

reSCqYt.jpg

Apollo Crews (Uhaa Nation) NXT in-ring debut

Sold out Barclay's center ("more than 13,000 fans"), so crowd should be hot. Although I'm sure they don't have as many seats up for NXT as they do for Summerslam. Not sure how that all works.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that he comes out for the big shows but I dunno- if I was booking his character, I would have it that promotional materials would have him be the normal hero guy he is. You have to actually tune in to see the demon...or use google images lol, but you know what I mean.

Then again, I would also be booking the character completely different. The demon would be a last resort nuclear option only because it takes a lot out of him. Just imagine if the demon comes out when all chips are down, hope seems lost, and he is unstoppable- a true supernatural force that no sold everything and ate his opponent alive. But the rub is that it takes a lot out of him where he is weakened for a period after. More prone to losses in matches, having less endurance, etc as he recovered back to optimal levels of normal hero strength.

this card doesn't have the most insane lineup ever from a workrate standpoint or whatever, but I feel like every match on this show has a solid build and should be a lot of fun with a couple matches having the potential to be really great.

I really wish they would put Sasha and Bayley on last as I think that's the match the crowd will be most invested in.

Also I gotta say, I LOVE the Joe/Corbin matchup. They have booked Corbin perfectly. He gets legitimate heel heat from the NXT crowd and Joe is the perfect guy to help put him on the map.

I still don't know why they made the Vaudevillains #1 Contenders instead of Cass/Enzo. This is a PPV in Brooklyn, of all places. Cass/Enzo have Carmello to play off of Alexa. I don't know, just seems...odd. Like they had the Vaudevillains win just for the swerve. I assume that Blake/Murphy retain & feud with Enzo/Cass more down the road but I'm not sure if it will ever be a better time than tonight would have been for Enzo/Cass. They probably just want Blake/Murphy to reign longer, or maybe they have different, main roster plans for Enzo/Cass or something. No idea.

Still seems pretty random. Like, weren't the Vaudevillains even heels when they beat Enzo/Cass too? So it was initially heel/heel match-up between the Vaude & B&M, right?

I still don't know why they made the Vaudevillains #1 Contenders instead of Cass/Enzo. This is a PPV in Brooklyn, of all places. Cass/Enzo have Carmello to play off of Alexa. I don't know, just seems...odd. Like they had the Vaudevillains win just for the swerve. I assume that Blake/Murphy retain & feud with Enzo/Cass more down the road but I'm not sure if it will ever be a better time than tonight would have been for Enzo/Cass. They probably just want Blake/Murphy to reign longer, or maybe they have different, main roster plans for Enzo/Cass or something. No idea.

Still seems pretty random. Like, weren't the Vaudevillains even heels when they beat Enzo/Cass too? So it was initially heel/heel match-up between the Vaude & B&M, right?

I'm wondering if Vince demanded that Enzo and Cass be transitioned to the main roster and so that derailed any NXT plans they might have had for them?

I agree that it seems like a major missed opportunity that they're not a featured act on this show. This would be the perfect time for them to win the titles.

Also I gotta say, I LOVE the Joe/Corbin matchup. They have booked Corbin perfectly. He gets legitimate heel heat from the NXT crowd and Joe is the perfect guy to help put him on the map.

I only watch the specials, but aren't they just going to make Corbin into NXT's Reigns, as far as crowd backlash, in the eyes of that fanbase? I like Corbin (and love Reigns) but the people who seem to be the hardest core NXT fans are the types that hold the most base smark opinions about pushing guys "down our throats!" Or is that the idea?

I only watch the specials, but aren't they just going to make Corbin into NXT's Reigns, as far as crowd backlash, in the eyes of that fanbase? I like Corbin (and love Reigns) but the people who seem to be the hardest core NXT fans are the types that hold the most base smark opinions about pushing guys "down our throats!" Or is that the idea?

That seems to be *exactly* the idea. Like instead of trying to force it like they did with Reigns, with Corbin they are taking advantage of that backlash and using it to make him one of the most hated heels on the roster. Basically every week he comes out and wins a squash and every week the fans boo him harder for it. Finally he got on the mic and complained that they were booing him and then Joe came out to give him a real challenge.

Vince and co. seem to try so hard to go against the grain when the fans don't react how they want, but in NXT they seem to use it to their advantage and it's so simple yet so brilliant.

I don't know who Bayley is, but from the screen shot, she looks like she's about to have her head kicked in.

She's the "kids love her" happy babyface. She's probably winning the title tonight, since Sasha is on the main roster now.

Finn is Devitt, yes.

I agree that Bayley vs Sasha should be final match of the night. I mean I have to think that she is winning the title because every scenario for Sasha winning makes no sense to me in the long run.

I really have no idea who is winning the ladder match. Kevin Owens needs a win badly and I am not sure he is getting it against Cesaro tomorrow. Like being Cesaro means much to begin with. But Balor losing the belt on his first defense isn't good either. I do agree with most people's belief that someone else is making a huge deal in this match whether it is Itami turning on Balor (or proving that Balor actually did it) or Sami Zayn costing Owens the belt

Also can't wait to see Apollo Crews opponent and the Vaudevillians mystery girl that will stop Bliss