Pro Wrestling Only

Kana Signs With WWE?

GOTNW

The Heyman/Lesnar analogy doesn't work since the dude gets booked like a special attraction, so there's not much need for him to have promo skills. For someone who has to show up every week though, it's a necessary thing in today's social media age that they will need a good enough command of language to build a character on their own and interact with fans, and the best way to teach how to do that is to give them the experience of doing it. With people like Kana and KENTA who aren't native speakers, I'd say it's especially important to get them comfortable using the language. Also, I'm not sure how cutting promos would kill Kana's mystique. If you actually watch her shows, she cuts plenty of pro wrestling promos calling out opponents and runs angles to set up matches, just like any American promotion. Ditto with KENTA.

Mystique? You know she's done dozens of comedy matches based around her breasts.

When she was with Smash/WNC she did lots of promos and was in plenty of angles. English is a concern there's no evidence as to how much she knows. She never spoke in Shimmer, her Twitter/Youtube pages uses very little English but I'm sure she's creative enough to work around that if they let her.

At least she knows what to do with a cake - https://youtu.be/SR8P9fntntE

If anything, I think it speaks well for Vince that he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of what the guys who chant "Cena sucks" watch.😃

Just for the sake of argument, though, you should probably have an idea as to what the public thinks is sexy if you're going to push people on sex appeal.

For someone who has to show up every week though, it's a necessary thing in today's social media age that they will need a good enough command of language to build a character on their own and interact with fans, and the best way to teach how to do that is to give them the experience of doing it.

I respectfully disagree. Different people can get over for different reasons. It's always good when they have people around that can do it all, but they miss out on some opportunities by insisting that everyone they have needs to be able to both work and talk.

kill the mystique of Kana

For those who aren't familiar at all with her (that's me), what is she about exactly (apart from being a relly good worker, from what I understand) ?

Her mystique honestly is that she's the odd one out. She's a great wrestler, can be stiff as hell, works really hard, but is sporadic in her appearances. She plays into the comedy aspect of wrestling at times, just like she toys with the idea of what wrestling presentation should be and what exactly constitutes hot in a human being. One day she'll do something that is very traditionally Joshi, either the way she works a match or doing a bikini photo shoot, and then the next she'll paint her face like a clown and work a match using mood lighting set to jazz music. She does a lot of weird shit just for the sake of being different, and she comes across as wholly unique. That, to me at least, is her mystique in a nutshell.

Her mystique honestly is that she's the odd one out. She's a great wrestler, can be stiff as hell, works really hard, but is sporadic in her appearances. She plays into the comedy aspect of wrestling at times, just like she toys with the idea of what wrestling presentation should be and what exactly constitutes hot in a human being. One day she'll do something that is very traditionally Joshi, either the way she works a match or doing a bikini photo shoot, and then the next she'll paint her face like a clown and work a match using mood lighting set to jazz music. She does a lot of weird shit just for the sake of being different, and she comes across as wholly unique. That, to me at least, is her mystique in a nutshell.

Ok, she's my new favourite worker although I've never actually seen her.

I remember I was out of work during the time of CHIKARAs JoshiMania Shows and all the hype got me wanting to really get into Joshi on top of the fact SHIMMER was youing her and Hamada lot to I was searching Youtube and Torrents for alot of Current Joshi at the time.it was like when I first got into ROH from 04 to 08 it was a whole new world and Kana was the Joshi. the whole 4 weeks I was out I was so into Joshi. I havent had time to follow Joshi since heck I just started back watching Raw & Smackdown & ROH tv regularly and thats a chore, As far as my wrestling viewing I could live off NXT alone because its and hourlong and it makes sense and I been wating that constantly since '12 so Im happy I'll get to see Kana soon every week without having to go out may way to watch her. I'd like to see somemore Joshi talent come in like Hamada she was great in TNA

• 4 weeks later...

Her twitter account is AWESOME!!!

Dear Dana. Where is Dana Brooke... There's always a special place in my heart for ya. You are always on my mind. sizzling munch munch

Stuff like this is mixed in with misadventures of living in the States (driving, coin-operated washer and dryer.)