Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/24-8/30

Strummer

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans I've talked to since last night are all wondering if after now that NXT has shown they can draw a house and have a show that was better received by the fans from top to bottom in the same-sized arena that the NXT "invasion" or what have you will actually begin to build towards WrestleMania.

Hilarious.

I think a Sheamus cash-in is gonna happen tonight just to get the big belt off him and shake things up for the US Title. Brock/Taker doesn't need to be set up this far away from Mania: It's gonna draw a boatload by itself anyways. I figure it'll happen at SS or something where they need the buys. Hope they don't pull a NOC thing and hotshot it like they did the Brock/Cena rematch, but who knows at this point.

Last night wasn't a "Writing on the wall" moment for Vince. Not at all. If anything, it's just gonna make him a cornered stray in an alley ready to fight back against the critics. Which means weirder stuff is gonna happen that will be passed off as "exciting." Plus, now that Cena has nuked the plans of the actual Divas revolution happening, that should really spell out what happens for the NXT guys coming up. Not holding my breath for a damn thing.

Plus, now that Cena has nuked the plans of the actual Divas revolution happening, that should really spell out what happens for the NXT guys coming up. Not holding my breath for a damn thing.

I highly doubt that happened. It's not like WrestleZone is really all that credible and immediately having Charlotte come in and win the belt from Nikki Bella was probably never in the plans since they've seemed determined to have her break AJ's streak for some time now.

The saying "don't believe everything you read on the internet" is a saying for a reason.

Which means weirder stuff is gonna happen that will be passed off as "exciting." Plus, now that Cena has nuked the plans of the actual Divas revolution happening, that should really spell out what happens for the NXT guys coming up. Not holding my breath for a damn thing.

Can you explain what this is about?

Wrestlezone put out some click bait story that I think is total bullshit about how the original plan was for Charlotte to debut and beat Nikki Bella for the Divas title in her very first match but John Cena stopped that from happening.

Plus, now that Cena has nuked the plans of the actual Divas revolution happening, that should really spell out what happens for the NXT guys coming up. Not holding my breath for a damn thing.

I highly doubt that happened. It's not like WrestleZone is really all that credible and immediately having Charlotte come in and win the belt from Nikki Bella was probably never in the plans since they've seemed determined to have her break AJ's streak for some time now.

The saying "don't believe everything you read on the internet" is a saying for a reason.

Dave was asked about this on Twitter. He said he can't say for sure that it's not true, but he can say it's vastly different from how it was explained to him.

That's gotta be the first time in a long time that a guy skipped NXT television (as far as I know). The guy sitting next to stephanie was an actor from Game of Thrones it's not him. That was a super effective debut, guy is legit scary.

For sure. I would hope they immediately put the dude on house shows working tags/6 mans to get him some experience so he can live up to that debut. Because that was about as strong a debut as you are ever gonna see in WWE. He just smashed Dean Ambrose AND Roman Reigns.