Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/24-8/30

Strummer

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestling needs more big dudes who act like they are unstoppable monsters. If they let him smash Roman Reigns in his debut SOMEBODY has to think he's got potential. I don't think it's just "well he's big" because they've done a really poor job of pushing their hosses lately. Seth Rollins is their current WWE AND U.S. Champ so the era of the "big man fetish" has been over for a while.

I just think in this day & age when you make a debut on WWE TV, you gotta show that you don't suck. Showing up, doing some crappy choke holds, sloppy looking pick ups & an almost botched looking Powerbomb Dominator thing, especially in front of a Brooklyn crowd, isn't going to do you any favors, ya know?

He needed to show something. A big boot or something. Just a big impact maker. Instead he just looked like a big kid with down syndrome. Like Blaster from Thunderdome when his mask gets knocked off.

He's been working NXT house shows for a few months from the stuff I am reading he just didn't go on the TV. Which is pretty smart if you want to debut him as monster no one has ever seen before.

Hell, even if he just gets built up for 2-3 months as a monster for Roman Reigns to eventually slay before sending him back down I wouldn't hate on it.

Wrestling needs more big dudes who act like they are unstoppable monsters. If they let him smash Roman Reigns in his debut SOMEBODY has to think he's got potential. I don't think it's just "well he's big" because they've done a really poor job of pushing their hosses lately. Seth Rollins is their current WWE AND U.S. Champ so the era of the "big man fetish" has been over for a while.

Yes. The crowd was in shock when they saw him, dude had a presence that nobody has had in ages. For tonight that was cool. He has been working NXT house shows. I'm really not worried about his WrestleMania card placement right now.

Yeah these matches are becoming more and more harder to watch. And pretty sure the ones blamed for it will be at least Becky and Charlotte. Sasha is almost an afterthought right now which is shocking given she has 2 of the top 5 matches in the WWE this year

Barrett needs to go to NXT badly before he gets fired for no damn reason

The tweets from Alex Greenfield and others re: the crowd chants has a bunch of people saying that Vince/Dunn are intentionally botching this women's push so that it'll go away. While it sure looks that way, as it's all been atrocious thus far - it does bring to mind examples like Lita, Trish, early Mickie, etc. Not that they were always portrayed as feminist icons or great role models, but they got real pushes and one had the sense that they were liked by the company and viewed as talents/semi-stars. Did they get better treatment because it was thought they were hotter and more about sex appeal? I could definitely see Vince turning 70 today, realizing the grapefruits have shrunk to Grape Nuts, and deciding that Nikki's the only one of these broads that he'd still push Linda down a flight of stairs to be with.

It might be a bit more complicated than just the same old Vince and Kevin Dunn are out-of-touch stuff. The biggest issue for me is that the women's matches just aren't particularly good. Something that's gone unmentioned: KrisZ brought up on the reaction show that Norman Smiley and Robbie Brookside aren't laying out the matches on the main roster. Maybe a pretty big issue, too, no?

I could not care less about Jon Stewart getting back up after the AA. John Cena killed that move months ago anyway when he treated it like a rolling german and did it 3 times to Brock Lesnar for a nearfall. And since then he's just been throwing more dirt on the grave.