Pro Wrestling Only

WWE vs Lana

sek69

That's the thing, most of these examples have to do with the other wrestlers getting involved and the dangers of "working to close" on the road. And Sunny was still Sunny in ECW, too. Somehow though people believe there is now a conspiracy from the top down to ruin Lana and Rusev's relationship. It doesn't make any sense. Especially if you believe what Meltzer says about Rusev not having any heat, and he's the source of these rumors. So why then?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things come to mind, one being is that it has been mentioned at various points in time that Vince/WWE has a weird thing about guys dating above the station the company slotted them at. Like a midcard or job guy shouldn't be dating a top level diva. Secondly, everyone seems to forget the brief time Lana was being groomed to be the top woman in the company when Rusev was getting his initial monster push. Dave was reporting that all of a sudden those plans were off and that Vince had cooled on her. It seems like a case where if you take all the information that has popped up and mix that with the history Vince/WWE has, it's easy to see how people connect the dots.

Is it fair to assume that Vince had some diabolical plot to break them up? Probably not. Is it fair to assume Vince maybe tried to boink the hot blonde like he's probably done many times before and reacted like the jilted and petty preteen he tends to be in those situations? Maybe that's not fair either, but Occam's Razor would seem to suggest that's the most likely scenario.

It wouldn't necessarily justify it, but WWE levying a kayfabe fine on Flair for doing it would be a great way to babyface the company a little bit.

Maybe, and hear me out on this one, they could have a "kissing cousins" match wherein if Bex can beat Charlotte Ric has to kiss Arn. I guess it could also just be called a "gay panic" match

Two things come to mind, one being is that it has been mentioned at various points in time that Vince/WWE has a weird thing about guys dating above the station the company slotted them at. Like a midcard or job guy shouldn't be dating a top level diva. Secondly, everyone seems to forget the brief time Lana was being groomed to be the top woman in the company when Rusev was getting his initial monster push. Dave was reporting that all of a sudden those plans were off and that Vince had cooled on her. It seems like a case where if you take all the information that has popped up and mix that with the history Vince/WWE has, it's easy to see how people connect the dots.

Nah, not really. You're saying Vince's master plan to get back at Lana for supposedly turning him down was to pair her with...Ziggler? And that being with someone else so above Rusev's station (/s) would break them up in real life?

I had the same thoughts as the OP when I saw the Rock/Lana stuff. WWE should be really beyond the 'HAHA. YOU ARE A WOMAN AND YOU HAD SEX! HAHA! SLUT!' stuff from the 90's. This has a negative impact on the character(s) this type of talk is directed towards as it devalues them in the viewers eyes. The reason why people are making such a big deal about this with Lana are for two reason:

1. This is beyond petty and is just another big eye roll to WWE politics

2. Lana was actually, at one time, a strong female character.

For a lot of the WWE Divas they are presented as ornamental objects of heterosexual male fantasies and used to justify, in some cases, wrestling not being 'gay' in the lest. WWE has crafted a narrative that the Divas are eye candy first and foremost, but the narrative has slightly changed recently. I would like to emphasis slightly. So what I find so interesting about Lana is that WWE is purposely being regressive with Lana's character and instead of presenting this strong powerful woman (like how the rest of the Divas are being positioned), she is the only one being called a slut, etc. on TV. Lana in 2014 was being booked like it was 2014, but now in 2016 she is being booked like its 1998. Lana has not been on TV and for all intents and purposes is insignificant to The Legion Of Nations and WWE as a whole at this point and has been exploited by WWE via her sexuality to create an 'entertaining' moment with/for The Rock.

I am not sure how deep the rabbit hole goes with this one and I probably don't want to find out. Heat is fun and interesting to read but about it must suck to live it.

For the most part, its always best for wrestlers not to respond to these types of things are more often-than-not they are lying and just come off really bad. I remember when Victoria/Tara went on that long "show your sources" rant on her myspace and she just came off the absolute worse and even topped it off with 'give me a polygraph' instead of asking for a drug test. We saw how this ended with Tiffany/Drew, so hopefully this doesn't end the same way.

Question: Why would a company want to break up a real couple? Even if I was a writer and didn't want Lana with Rusev, what do I gain by breaking them up? It's not like she would start going out with me. I am not sure the thinking behind it. Unless the thrist is THAT real.