Pro Wrestling Only

What's going on with Daniel Bryan? :(

C.S.

Not at all. I want the answer to be the truth, whatever it is, but I am asking why is this doctor the only guy to do that particular test that no one else in top neurological facilities have done? What makes him special? Is he the #1 guy in the world in his field possessing a prototype machine to run this test? If that is what it is, ok, but someone confirm this for me.

The short answer is, no doctor on the planet has access to every kind of technique or equipment. And most doctors in general don't have access to the really nice stuff or the newest innovations. It's kinda like asking "why did nobody do the Shooting Star Press before Liger invented it, and then why didn't everyone do it after he invented it?"

Why is this one doctor the only one doing that test or possessing the ability to do so? He's the only one who went "Say, let's try this new magic device I got that no one else in highly regarded neurological facilities has"? I don't get it. I ask that sincerely having not watched any of the news about him.

Yes. Exactly.

Just because you're a doctor doesn't mean you are omnipotent in your field. Some doctors are better in some things than others. The same doctors may not be as good at certain things than said others. Not every doctor has access to every single type of study. New breakthroughs and new procedures are happening constantly. Some doctor's will approach things differently than others will. It's been this way forever. It's why people seek second opinions when they're confronted with something serious/unknown.

Dave Meltzer went to a concussion seminar and asked a question hypothetically about Daniel Bryan, explaining his situation without using his name. The person doing the seminar mentioned the new testing available to him, and Dave floated the info to Bryan, who got the tests and reality set in.

I should add how awesome Brie Bella came across in the 24 special. It really puts in perspective how the somewhat shallow, materialistic, argumentative Brie Bella we get on Total Divas is not at all who she really is. It was cool seeing that side of her.

To be fair, that describes Nikki (on the show) much more than Brie. Other than the drunken "Brie Mode" stuff, Brie is portrayed as pretty down to earth and level-headed for the most part. If anything, Bryan comes across as more of a kook than she does.

Yes, I watch Total Divas every week - and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :P

• 2 months later...

Was there ever a concrete answer to what happened with this?

I mean safe to assume it was a private matter and not acrimony with the company since Bryan is doing commentary for the Crusierweight Classic. But since his being removed from events without warnings did get a whole thread started.

As far as anyone can tell, it was a matter of not wanting to be around wrestling during the initial depression over his retirement.

• 1 month later...

From the sounds of this, Bryan will eventually wrestle somewhere else. Even now, he isn't convinced by the test results and doesn't agree with WWE's decision not to clear him.

“When I told them that I was taking this test in New York City, they said, 'OK, well let us know the result.' Well, the test hasn't been peer reviewed, and I'm not saying it's a bad test, all I'm saying is this is not something that they're using the standard medical facilities,” Bryan added, his skepticism evident even today.

Alas, something showed up in the testing that WWE didn’t like.

“It showed a little something and then that becomes the automatic no and I'm just like 'uhhh,' ” the emotion of that moment still evident in his tone as he recounted it.

http://www.recorder.ca/2016/08/15/bryans-love-for-wrestling-runs-deep