Pro Wrestling Only

Ryback & WWE part ways

Mando

I have no idea where he goes from here if he stays in wrestling. He's not a fit for the big name indies like RoH, EVOLVE, PWG, etc. I don't know if TNA has the money to pay him. TNA might be the best fit for him though because it'd let him work somewhere where he could cut promos and be a character which he's really good at in the right role. The 'Bully' Ryback skits where he was picking on random people backstage was one of my favorite WWE things over the past few years.

Maybe he could go to New Japan and I think he'd probably be way better there than the average 'smart' fan would expect him to. He's better in the ring than he gets credit for.

I have no idea where he goes from here if he stays in wrestling. He's not a fit for the big name indies like RoH, EVOLVE, PWG, etc. I don't know if TNA has the money to pay him. TNA might be the best fit for him though because it'd let him work somewhere where he could cut promos and be a character which he's really good at in the right role. The 'Bully' Ryback skits where he was picking on random people backstage was one of my favorite WWE things over the past few years.

Maybe he could go to New Japan and I think he'd probably be way better there than the average 'smart' fan would expect him to. He's better in the ring than he gets credit for.

Ryback is WAY better than he gets credit for.

Now I really wanna see The Ryback go on a rampage through PWG/Evolve/ROH so smarky geeks can cry about how he only has two moves immediately after he executes a top rope Frankensteiner.

The last thing Lucha Underground needs is a second rate steroid-ladden Goldy rip-off with awkward color scheme RVD-like tights. Keep this kind of throwback-to-shittier-times away from my favourite promotion please, it took me forever to come around Cage, who's a machine apparently.

(the "anti-smarky" attitude is the brand new über hipster smarky attitude)

The last thing Lucha Underground needs is a second rate steroid-ladden Goldy rip-off with awkward color scheme RVD-like tights. Keep this kind of throwback-to-shittier-times away from my favourite promotion please, it took me forever to come around Cage, who's a machine apparently.

Heavy shots from a guy who hasn't had an original opinion since before I was born.

Heavy shots from a guy who hasn't had an original opinion since before I was born.

But you see GOTNW big wrestlers with muscles are bad and references to their steroid use must be made as often as possible. Now if they are a smaller wrestler with muscles like a Neville, Rollins or Prince Puma and able to do flippy doos then their steroid use must be completely ignored.

Ah, goc doing his usual "anti flippy-floppy" run-in, because god knows it's not dated by know. As far as small guys using roids, yeah, I was all over Benoit and Eddie's ass like 12 years ago at least (yeah my fellow Euro friend, I'm old, kinda). How do they say ? Beating a dead horse ? Well, you're running a genocide on the hippodrome here.

But hey, yeah, The Ryback (feel that fine The Summerslam vibe from that name) sucks, never got the appeal at all. And in an age where apparently, we're all for "wellness", it's kinda crazy that a steroid guy like this still gets lauded to some degrees. But whatever. Feed some more I guess.

I've never given a shit whether a wrestler (or any athlete) wants to do steroids or not. It at least lets me avoid the hypocrisy of using steroid use to bash wrestlers I don't like while ignoring use in wrestlers I'm a fan of.

Well, I've always been consistent about my steroid bashing, even for guys I really enjoy. Notice that I also pointed out his awful RVD-like tights and Goldy-rip-off character as part of my lashing out. That's 2/3 of non steroid-related (yeah, Goldy is all about the Goldyness) elements. And yeah, Neville is a bloated spot monkey with no personnality and I don't get the appeal (is there ?) either.

Lucha Underground has way too many generic PWG wrestlers that made me stop watching it mixed with outright terrible wrestlers thar are way more reminiscent of the Giant Gonzalezes of the world like everyone in the Crew and Mesias' stable. I don't know how anyone sane can think Ryback wouldn't be a huge improvement compared to Cisco, Sinistro de la Muerte and whatever the hell their names are. Then again your reaction was to come back with an ancient and tired talking point thus proving me right once again.

I would think Ryback's stiffness and apparent knack for injuring people would be a better criticism than his steroid use/RVD tights/Goldberg clone status.

Well, yes, that too, but then again, I didn't want a reply that would include the letters CM Punk in it, so I passed. Well, I got the "ya old" reply instead, which is worst.

I guess since I'm not on Twitter ("ya old" etc), I'm missing on The Ryback's best work. He'll probably do a boring Youshoot in the months to come.

Just because dummies chanted "Goldberg" at him didn't mean it was accurate. The only thing they had in common was being bald, and initial squash matches. Although Goldberg squashed lower card name guys and Ryback mainly was killing no name jobbers.

So you're just going to ignore that they both had facial hair too? Typical anti-smark BS

Just because dummies chanted "Goldberg" at him didn't mean it was accurate. The only thing they had in common was being bald, and initial squash matches. Although Goldberg squashed lower card name guys and Ryback mainly was killing no name jobbers.

So you're just going to ignore that they both had facial hair too? Typical anti-smark BS
Well, I gotta follow this hipster thing that doesn't exist.

Seriously, if Ryback had had long hair, not one dum dum would have chanted "Goldberg".