Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling- Feb 86

spaldoni

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's the way to make the fans go home happy!

Ohhhh how the mighty have fallen. I agree that Taylor and Flair would be a great match up but Flair is not Mr. Main Event anymore as he is struggling to win the TV title. I love it!!!

Your mid card feuds are heating up and you have some big names there which makes your entire card stand out.

Yea, I had Flair for a Loop before he goes back for some bookings in the UWF, so I put him in a one off against Taylor. I figured this would help elevate Taylor a bit and also put more heat between Taylor and Prichard. When Flair gets back from the UWF, I'm going to really turn up the Flair/Magnum program heading into Battle of the Belts. I also made a subtle point on this card. Magnum was also on the card but the other Horsemen weren't. With Magnum and the Rock n Roll Express there, Flair wasn't going to try anything LOL.

MACW @ WTBS Studio TV aired 2-15-86

(This show was recorded before the official announcement of the Martel vs. Gordy NWA World Title Bout at Battle of the Belts)

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship wrestling, with me as always is David Crockett.

Crockett: Thank you Tony, a lot going on as we get closer to the Battle of the Belts card on February 22nd. In action tonight will be Wahoo McDaniel as he prepares for his Mid Atlantic title match against Harley Race. Also in action will be Rocky Johnson, Ivan Putski, Bob Roop, the Renegade Warriors and our big Loser Leaves Mid Atlantic match between Baron Von Raschke and Corporal Kirchner.

Schiavone: Big night of action indeed, we will also show you footage from the Scope as a lot of things went down. Also in the ring will be Billy Robinson and don't forget the much anticipated debut of the Assassins. Right now fans, please welcome the United States Champion, Magnum TA.

The fans roar as Magnum walks out with the US title on his shoulder.

Magnum: Thank you very much Tony. I'll get right to the point. Last week the so called 4 Horseman jumped me and held me while that sorry excuse for a man, Ric Flair slapped me around. They all know that none of them can handle me one on one. I beat Tully in the cage at Starrcade. I've beaten both of the Anderson's and at the Battle of the Belts, Ric Flair is next!

The fans boo as JJ Dillon leads out Tully Blanchard and the Andersons.

Tully: Out here crying again aren't you Magnum. Well, we've come out to shut you up.

Magnum: Oh that's right, Flair isn't here tonight so he sends his 3 stooges out to do his dirty work. You boys want a fight, you got one!

Magnum hits Tully but the Andersons attack Magnum.

The fans cheer as the Rock n Roll Express run out and start hammering away on the Andersons while Magnum regroups and unloads on Tully. They fight the Horsemen off and Magnum grabs the mic.

Magnum: Like I said, you stooges want a fight? Well, I have friends too. So tonight let's have a fight inside the ring. The three of you versus the three of us!

The Horsemen are irate and say "It's on"

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Oh my, ok it's been made official, US champ, Magnum TA and the Rock n Roll Express will take on Tully Blanchard and the NWA Tag Team Champions, the Anderson's, here tonight!

Crockett: Tony, that is going to be one heck of a main event! Well, lets go to the ring.

Rocky Johnson vs. Lou Simms

Even though he has a sore shoulder courtesy of Bob Roop, Rocky is on fire tonight. He executes a back breaker on Simms then rolls him over in the Boston Crab to get the victory. Rocky heads to the podium.

Crockett: Great win tonight Rocky, it seems that one Bob Roop has some issues with you.

Rocky: Hey, I don't know what Roop's problem is but he picked a fight with the wrong guy. Roop, if you want more of me, then come on and get it!

Crockett: Ok, straight to the point. Fans back to the ring.

Billy Robinson vs. Tim Straw

The fans really let Robinson have it here. This only angers Robinson as he takes it out on Straw with devastating European uppercuts. After punishing him for awhile Robinson puts him out of his misery with a double underhook suplex for the pin. Robinson storms to the podium as the fans boo.

Robinson: Sounds to me these people need to be taught some manners. That's exactly what I'm going to teach to Tony St. Clair at the Battle of the Belts. He is making a mockery of the UK with this pampered style and treatment he's getting. I'm here in Mid Atlantic to show everybody what British wrestling is all about and everybody will witness just that when I put that cheap imitation down at the Battle of the Belts!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Right now fans, we want to take you to the footage from the Scope. First lets show you the ending to the Johnny Rich/Brett Sawyer match, followed by the conclusion to that 8 man tag match.

Footage from the Scope

Rch and Sawyer are laid out and bleeding profusely when Paul Jones runs in and sticks brass knuckles in the hand of Johnny Rich. Rich ends up using them to win the match.

In the 8 man tag, Jimmy Snuka bodyslams Kamala then head butts him out of the ring. Spike Huber powerslams Missing Link and Snuka leaps off the top rope and finishes Link off with the Superfly Splash, giving him, Huber and Hot Property the victory.

Back Live

Schiavone: Joining me right now is 'Number One' Paul Jones. Well Paul very interesting night you had at the Scope.

Jones: Let me tell you something Schiavone, things are going great for my army. I was given a vast some of money from my dear old friend Gary Hart for the services of Kamala and the Missing Link. With that money I can rebuild the army. As you know, I already have the most devastating team in Mid Atlantic, the Devil's Duo and now I have purchased the contract of a man who will no doubt take the army to the highest heights. Please welcome my newest acquisition, Johnny Rich.

Rich walks out smiling and shakes Paul's hand.

Rich: Paul, it is my honor to be standing here with you and to be a part of your top notch army. You see Schiavone, I told you last week, I was here to make money, win titles and rid the wrestling world of Brett Sawyer. Well, this man is going to make me a whole lot of money, followed by the titles, and after that whipp'n I put on Sawyer at the Scope (Laughs) well we wont be seeing that 2nd rate loser anymore.

Jones: Schiavone, this is only the beginning because I still have one more lucky spot to fill.

Schiavone: (shaking his head) there you have it fans, ok lets go to the ring as the legendary Wahoo McDaniel is set for action.

Wahoo McDaniel vs. Alex Portman

Wahoo finishes Portman off with an overhead chop as the crowd cheers. Wahoo heads to the podium.

Crockett: Great to have you here Wahoo. You look ready for your big match with Harley at the Battle of the Belts.

Wahoo: Thank you David, you know Harley is looking at me as a stepping stone. Harley, you of all people should know I'm not anybody's stepping stone. I've got a championship run left in me and right now a Mid Atlantic championship run sounds pretty good. Get ready Harley because I am.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Please welcome the Assassin.

Assassin: Tony Schaivone, remember this day because today is when the havoc begins. Let me introduce to you, the Assassins.

The Assassins head into the ring, wearing the iconic masks, black spandex pants and no shirts, which shows off their impressive physiques.

Assassins w/The Assassin vs. Ken Jenkins and Brad Kimber

The Assassins waste no time in beating down their opponents. They work them over with body slams, knee drops, elbows, eye raking, choking and hard hitting double teaming. The end comes when Assassin 1 picks up Jenkins in a bearhug then falls back and slams Jenkin's head on the top turnbuckle. Assassin 1 tags in Assassin 2, who jumps off the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop across Jenkin's head for the pin!

Schiavone: Very impressive debut for the Assassins. Fans, with me right now is the Television champ, Terry Taylor. Well, Terry it's official, you will be defending that title against the Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard at the Battle of the Belts card.

Taylor: Ok Tom, you got my attention and that's not good for you. You and your manager Rock Riddle seem to think this title is as good as yours. Think again. I've been defending this prestigious title day in and day out and like I promised, no short cuts, just ability. That's the difference between you and I. You think you can take short cuts and cheap shots and win this title but brother sooner or later ability prevails and at Battle of the Belts, I will prove just that.

Commercial Break

Ivan Putski vs. Roger Murphy

Putski completely overpowers Murphy in this match and finishes him off with the Polish Hammer for the pin! Putski is flexing for the crowd when David Sammartino runs in and levels him from behind with a clothesline! Sammartino stomps away on Putski and mocks him by flexing. Sammartino throws Putski outside the ring, he goes out and puts Putski in a bearhug then rams him into the steel post. He drops Putski then gives him another kick before leaving.

Commercial Break

Crockett: What a despicable act by David Sammartino and of course he doesn't ever do this face to face. He better be ready because I'm sure Ivan Putski will be coming after him with a vengeance. Ok joining me now is Rock Riddle and his Fabulous Blondes, Ken Timbs and Art Crews.

Riddle: Hey hey hey Davey baby, it's been awhile. How are you? Never mind, I don't really care. However things are a little up and down for the Agency. On the upside, regardless of what Mr. Taylor thinks, Tom Prichard, the Doctor of Desire himself will be the TV champion come the Battle of the Belts. Now for the downside. The huge Crockett Cup is on the horizon. 1 million dollars and the National Tag Team Titles go to the winners. Now, I would be out here saying it's a no brainer that my Fabulous Blondes would take those prizes but wait a minute, they didn't get an invite! That is outrageous, ludicrous and a down right slap in the face! What's even worse is that B level team, the Nightmares are in. The Nightmares?

Timbs: Yea, you mean that team we dismantled in the ring a few weeks ago?

Crews: That team that hasn't been seen since!

Crockett: Well if memory serves I believe the Nightmares won that match.

Riddle: Oh now we're playing the semantics game are we Davey Baby? Here's the deal, if that B level team ever decides to show their ugly faces here again, my A list Agency, The Fabulous Blondes want a match with their tournament spot on the line! I think it's only fair. Now your last name is Crockett so make this match happen, you got it!

Riddle and the Blondes head out.

Crockett: Well that's up to the Nightmares, as a Crockett, I think the Nightmares earned that spot and don't have to prove anything to the Agency. Lets go to the ring.

Renegade Warriors vs. Gary Williams and Steve Ramsey

Chris Youngblood swings Williams into the turnbuckles then follows with a running knee in the corner. Chris tags in Mark. Chris bodyslams Williams and Mark hits the sling shot splash for the pin!

Schiavone: Good win tonight for the Renegade Warriors. Coming up next is the big loser leaves Mid Atlantic match. Now I know you guys will be watching this match very carefully.

Mark: You got that right Tony. Kirchner has been a great friend of ours and I know the Bolshevik Revolution has gotten under his skin, ours as well, which has caused some dissention, but we're out here to say good luck to our friend and we know he'll be standing tall when this is over.

Schiavone: That match is next!

Commercial Break

Loser Leaves Mid Atlantic

Corporal Kirchner vs. Baron Von Raschke w/Alexis Smirnoff

The fans go wild as the Ref tells Smirnoff he needs to go to the back. Baron is livid but Smirnoff calms him down and leaves without an argument. The bell rings and the two start hammering away on each other. Baron gets control with an eye rake. Baron follows with a bodyslam and knee drop but doesn't put Kirchner away. Baron yells at the Ref but maintains control. He stomps on Kirchner's head then applies the claw! Baron is squeezing tight as Kirchner flails and tries to fight it. The fans are chanting USA USA! Kirchner grabs Baron's wrist with both hands and stands up then kicks Baron in the mid section a few times and breaks the hold! Kirchner slams Baron and regroups. Kirchner body slams Baron several times and shakes his fists. Baron stops the momentum with an eye gouge. Baron picks up Kirchner but Kirchner fights out of it, picks up Baron and hits the Fallaway Slam out of nowhere for the pin! Kirchner is on his knees as Alexis Smirnoff runs in and starts stomping on Kirchner. The fans roar as Don Kernodle runs into the ring and starts pounding away on Smirnoff! Kernodle wallops Smirnoff out of the ring. Baron just rolls out and onto the outside. Kernodle helps Kirchner up. Kirchner cant believe it. They embrace and Kernodle holds up Kirchner's arm to the cheering crowd.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Wow what a match. Baron is out of Mid Atlantic but it looks like the 'Pride of the USA' Don Kernodle is back in Mid Atlantic! Unbelievable. Before we go back to the ring, just a reminder the Battle of the Belts card comes to you on February 22nd in Orlando. Not long after that the Crockett Cup will come to you from the SuperDome in New Orleans. The winning team will get the 1 million dollar purse and also be crowned the NWA National Tag Team Champions. Representing Mid Atlantic will be the Nightmares, the Soul Patrol and the United States Tag Champs, the Stud Stable. We will hear from those teams next week.

Bob Roop vs. Larry O'Meara

Roop punishes O'Meara the entire match and puts him down with the Shoulder Breaker! Roop is yelling at the fans when Rocky Johnson hits the ring. Johnson swings Roop around and their eye to eye. Johnson is telling Roop "I'm standing here" Roop walks away but turns around and tries to suckerpunch him. Johnson blocks it and pounds away on Roop. Johnson shuffles his feet and nails Roop with a punch that floors him. Johnson picks up Roop and bodyslams him down. The crowd roars as Johnson raises his fists to them.

Commercial Break

Spike Huber vs. Louis Campos

Huber swings Campos to the ropes and finishes him off with the Powerslam!

Crockett: Spike Huber continues to impress. Fans when we come back it's going to be main event time, you wont want to miss this one!

Commercial Break

US Champ Magnum TA and the Rock n Roll Express vs. Tully Blanchard and NWA Tag Champs Ole and Arn Anderson w/JJ Dillon

This is a wild one from start to finish. Magnum and The Express have the fans standing as they control the early portion of the match with quick tags and explosive high flying offense. The Express frustrate the Andersons with double hip tosses and somersaults followed by a double punch. Magnum Gorilla Presses Tully and slams him down! The Horsemen finally get control and work over Morton. Ole drops several knees on Morton's arm and Arn follows with a knee drop off the 2nd rope. Tully comes in and suplexes Morton and covers 1..2..Gibson runs in and breaks the count. Pretty soon a pier six brawl breaks out and everybody is going at it. The Ref gets caught up in it and gets knocked down. JJ is on the outside and grabs a chair and heads towards the ring. The crowd screams as Michael Hayes runs out!!!! Michael levels JJ! Michael runs into the ring and grabs Tully then puts him down with the DDT! Michael books out of there. Magnum covers Tully as the RR Express are fighting the Andersons. The Ref crawls over 1..2..3!

Schiavone: Oh my! I cant believe it! Michael Hayes out of nowhere! Incredible! Fans, we got to go!

Battle of the Belts Feb. 22nd Orlando, FL

NWA World Heavyweight Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. National Champ Terry Gordy

US Title Bout

Magnum TA © vs. Ric Flair w/JJ Dillon

NWA World Tag Team Title Bout

Andersons © w/JJ Dillon vs. UWF Tag Champs The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

Harley Race © vs. Wahoo McDaniel

TV Title Bout

Terry Taylor © vs. Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle

Special Attraction Match

Stan Hansen vs. Antonio Inoki

Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon vs. Michael Hayes w/Buddy Roberts

Tony St. Clair vs. Billy Robinson

No DQ

Bob Backlund vs. The Iron Sheik

Awesome tv, what a great main event that really serves to not only heat up Magnum vs. The Horsemen but Tully vs. Hayes as well!

Rock Riddle continues to be one of my favorite parts of the show week in and week out!

I look forward to seeing heel Johnny Rich with Paul Jones...things like this that is so far removed from "real life" is what I find the most fun in this project.

MACW @ Memorial Auditorium, Greenville, SC, 2-15-86

'Cowboy' Scott Casey vs. Nick Kiniski

Fun fast pace opener that ends in a 10 minute draw.

Wendell Cooley vs. Terry Gibbs

Gibbs gets in some hard hitting offense but Wendell gets the pin with the Oklahoma Stampede!

Billy Robinson vs. Chris Youngblood

Youngblood gets in some high energy offense but the experience of Robinson was to much for him to handle. Robinson took Youngblood down with various takedowns. Robinson then punished Youngblood with European uppercuts and forearm smashes. He then followed with a gut wrench suplex and a belly to back suplex for the pin!

Mid Atlantic champ Harley Race and 'The Great One' David Sammartino vs. Wahoo McDaniel and Ivan 'Polish Power' Putski

This was a hard hitting stiff match up. Sammartino did a great job of avoiding Putski except when Harley got control then he was more than willing to tag in and take his shots. Wahoo and Harley had a few good exchanges. Harley gained control and tagged in Sammartino. It wasn't long before Wahoo took control and made the tag to Putski. Putski just unleashed on Sammartino. In the end Sammartino tried to run out of the ring but Wahoo nailed him with a big chop. Harley went over and punched Wahoo. As Harley and Wahoo started exchanging blows, Sammartino staggered right into a Polish Hammer by Putski for the pin!

Corporal Kirchner vs. Alexis Smirnoff

Smirnoff obviously still upset over Kirchner sending his partner packing went right after Kirchner. These two brawled all over the ring then took it to the outside and kept on fighting. The Ref ends up counting both men out. The bell rings several times but they just kept fighting.

Rocky Johnson vs. Bob Roop

Another hard hitting match up. Roop works over Johnson with some aggressive wrestling and targets the shoulder. Johnson makes a comeback with a series of hip tosses and dropkicks. Roop comes back and continues to work the shoulder. He goes for the Shoulder Breaker but Johnson fights his way out of it and cradles Roop for the quick pin! Roop attacks Johnson after the match and hits the Shoulder Breaker!

US Champ Magnum TA and the Rock n Roll Express vs. NWA Tag Team Champs The Andersons and Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon

This was a great return match from their TV main event. The crowd went absolutely nuts as Magnum and the Express controlled the early part of the match. A flying knee to Gibson's back by Ole Anderson followed by a spinebuster from Arn put them in control. Tully followed with several elbow drops on Gibson. After minutes of control Gibson made the hot tag to Morton who drop kicked everybody in sight, including JJ Dillon on the apron. Morton had Arn up but Tully jumped off the top rope with a double axehandle to the back of his head. The Andersons and Tully worked over Morton in the corner. After a few times, Magnum and Gibson were fed up and charged in. All 6 men were brawling. Magnum swings Tully to the ropes and picks him up for the Gorilla Press and Slam! The Ref runs over and tells Magnum he's not the legal man. As the Andersons and Express were fighting, JJ Dillon grabbed a chair and hit Morton in the arm. The Ref guides Magnum and Gibson to the corner. Arn grabs Morton's arm as Ole jumps off the top rope with a flying knee to Morton's arm. Arn covers as the Ref turns around to count 1..2..3! Tully and the Andersons continue to stomp on Morton's arm, JJ even takes his shots. Magnum and Gibson run over and clean house. Magnum grabs JJ by his jacket and pulls him back. Magnum swings JJ to the ropes and hits the belly to belly suplex as the fans go nuts!

I am continuously amazed and how exciting you make the mid-carders out to be. From Johnny Rich to the Dynamic Duo, I am always on the edge of my seat. You have already got more out of Don Kernodle then I did and he is in great hands!

Magnum and the RnR Express vs the Horseman is a perfect MACW main event. I am enjoying the NWA territory system we all have going! Keep up the great work!

Really great TV that builds up your big storylines. It seems to be a pattern that unique heel voices tend to be the highlights of the shows and Rock Riddle is no exception. I like how you use the squashes to set up storylines like 80s TV would do. Hayes making an appearance to disrupt Tully is a great way to build to Battle of the Belts.

The Greenville show is a nice way to build off of your TV for the live fans. Both big tags and singes matches really delivered.

MACW @ Civic Center, Ashville, NC 2-15-86

The Assassins w/The Assassin vs. Matt Holiday and James Washington

Pure showcase for the Assassins as they show off their rough and hard hitting offense. Assassin 1 gets Holiday up in a bearhug then falls back crashing Holiday's head on the top turnbuckle. Assassin 2 flies off the top rope and crashes a knee on Holiday for the pin!

'Pride of the USA' Don Kernodle vs. Kelly Kiniski

Kiniski does a good job working heel tonight with some hard wrestling and a few cheap shots. Kernodle makes a comeback and finishes Kiniski off with a neckbreaker for the pin!

TV Champ Terry Taylor and Spike Huber vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

Fun fast paced match. Taylor and Huber are working well together which threw the Blondes off their game for a bit. The Blondes took control when Crews nailed Huber with a devastating shoulder tackle. Timbs followed with a body slam and several knee drops. Huber was able to finally tag in Terry. Terry cleaned house and took control. The Blondes tried some cheating but Huber came in and all four men were going at it. The Ref broke it up. Later on when Huber was in the ring with Timbs, Tom Prichard made his way to the ring and caused a distraction to Taylor on the apron. Huber and the Ref got distracted as well which allowed Crews to nail Huber from behind with a clothesline. Crews put Timbs on top of Huber, the Ref turned around and counted 1..2..3! Riddle ran into the ring and started hugging the Blondes as Taylor tended to Huber while yelling at a laughing Prichard.

Johnny Rich w/Paul Jones vs. Brett Sawyer

Rich and Jones are standing there waiting for Sawyer when an official comes in and tells the announcer something.

Ring Announcer: I've just been informed that the Doctor in the back would not clear Brett Sawyer for action tonight due to a concussion (From the brass knuckles shot from Rich last week).

Rich and Jones are having a good laugh.

Ring Announcer: However there will be a substitution, Johnny Rich's opponent will be The Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol!

The fans go crazy as Rich and Jones berate the ring announcer.

Johnny Rich vs. Austin Idol

Idol comes in like a ball of fire and hammers away on Rich. Jones tries to interfere but Idol grabs both of their heads and knocks them together. Idol maintains control until an eye rake from Rich stops him. Rich body slams Idol then chokes him with his boot. The Ref pushes Rich back, Jones takes his turn choking Idol. The Ref comes over and him and Jones start arguing. The crowd roars as Brett Sawyer runs to the ring and nails Johnny Rich with a pair of brass knuckles! Sawyer runs back as Rich is laid out. Idol drops an elbow. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3!

Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones vs. Hot Property

Jones is still fuming from the last match. These two teams have some good chemistry and put on a good contest. Hot Property uses a variety of double hiptosses, suplexes and dropkicks. The Duo use their bar room brawling style to take control. Hot Property hits the double hot shot on Vines. Savoldi covers as the Ref guides Travis back to his corner. Jones hands Sword his cane. Sword nails Savoldi on the back of his head and rolls him over. Vines is able to get his arm on Savoldi for the pin!

Bob Backlund vs. The Iron Sheik

Sheik tries to break every rule in the book but Backlund frustrates him to no end by using his wrestling skills. Backlund is looking great tonight as he hits Sheik with a back suplex. Backlund rolls around and hoists Sheik up for another back suplex. Backlund rolls around again and this time hits Sheik with the atomic drop. Sheik flies through the ropes. The Ref's count is broken a few times by Backlund. Sheik is so frustrated he grabs a chair. The next time Backlund got close to the ropes Sheik nailed him with the chair causing a Disqualification. Sheik hits Backlund a couple more times with the chair but Security comes in too break it up.

US Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © (Ron Fuller and Jimmy Golden) vs. The Soul Patrol

Sweet Brown Sugar uses his high flying drop kicks and leg scissors to keep the Stable off balanced. Norvell comes in with the body slams and knee drops. The Soul Patrol pulled off a double body slam on Fuller, Golden ran in and the Soul Patrol kicked him in the mid section and double body slammed him! The Stable comes back when an illegal Fuller leveled Sugar from behind with a clothesline. The Stable continued to work over Sugar. At one point Fuller is on the ground wrenching Sugar's head with a headlock while Golden came in and stomped away on the head. That brought Norvell in as he hammered away on the Stable. As the Ref was guiding Norvell back to the corner, The Stable hit Sugar with a spiked piledriver! The Ref counts 1..2..3!

Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle vs. Mark Youngblood

Youngblood is in control with a series of chops. He swings Prichard to the ropes and back body drops him then follows with a diving chop and cover 1..2.Kick out. Later, Prichard stops the momentum with a super kick. Prichard body slams Youngblood then climbs to the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with an elbow drop and cover 1..2..kick out. The match goes back and forth. Prichard gets control with a gut wrench suplex. Prichard swings Youngblood to the ropes and clamps on the sleeper! Riddle is jumping up and down with excitement as Youngblood tries to fight it. The fans cheer as Terry Taylor comes down the aisle. Terry is walking around the ring taunting Prichard. Prichard throws Youngblood down and argues with Taylor. This goes on for a bit. Riddle is yelling at the Ref to get Taylor out of here. Prichard goes to the ropes and is pointing and yelling at Taylor. Youngblood comes up from behind and rolls Prichard up. The Ref counts 1..2..3!!!! The crowd goes bonkers as Taylor gets a good laugh. Prichard is livid.Riddle is now jumping up and down with rage.

I am really enjoying your television character build. It is a way to really put forth who some of the next big stars in MACW will be when you have them here and especially involved in hot angles/matches/programs. I did have to second take when I saw Backlund and Sheik in the middle of the card. Interesting how their paths have come and gone since January of 1983 and how they have moved around in the game and become big players here.

Great card here in Ashville! The fans were treated to a few surprises as Austin Idol comes in as a babyface. Terry Taylor and Tom Prichard is heating up nicely and will be main event material in no time! I wonder who is the major manager right now in MACW? Rock Riddle is coming on strong but Paul Jones is a fixture!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I really needed a top name baby face to even out my roster and I think Austin Idol has the charisma I'm looking for to fill that spot. I wanted to test the waters on a house show.

Yea LowBlow, I just couldn't resist putting Backlund and Sheik in a feud. They will be going at it in a NO DQ match at Battle of the Belts which will lead to some fun stuff.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV taped 2-20-86, Aired 2-22-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, with me as always is David Crockett. David before we get to our show, we have some disturbing footage to show the fans.

Crockett: Very disturbing and I'm disgusted by the actions of the 4 Horsemen along with JJ Dillon. This transpired earlier this week in the parking lot of the Rec Center in Shelby, NC. It was prior to a card where Magnum TA was set to appear. I guess we should show the footage.

Footage from Shelby N.C.

JJ Dillon is holding a hand held camera while talking.

JJ: Magnum has put his hands on me for the last time. He's been a thorn in the Horsemen's side for far to long. Now he and everybody else are going to find out what the 4 Horsemen are all about. Ok boys, there's his car.

Magnum pulls up and gets out. The camera moves closer then you see the Andersons, Tully Blanchard and Ric Flair run over and attack Magnum. They punch and stomp him down on the pavement. They all start kicking his left knee. The Andersons hold Magnum's leg as Tully continues to kick away at the knee. Then Flair walks over. Tully and the Andersons pick up Magnum and hold him. Flair slaps Magnum a couple times then picks him up in the shin breaker position and drops him down on the hood of his car. Magnum is screaming in pain. The Andersons hold Magnum's leg out as Flair drops several knee drops down on Magnum's left knee. The Horsemen continue the assault until security runs out.

Back Live

Schiavone: David, I don't know what to say, I'm shocked by the actions of the 4 Horsemen. I don't know the extent of the injury but I know significant damage was done.

Crockett: Indeed, just a despicable act and right before Battle of the Belts where Magnum will be defending his US title against Ric Flair. Magnum has insisted he will be in Orlando to defend the title. I don't think its a good idea but he wants nothing more than to get his hands on Flair. Here's what Magnum had to say just yesterday.

Magnum: (Sitting on a table with his knee wrapped) Nice job Horsemen but you didn't finish it! Ric Flair, If you think this is going to keep me from defending my title against you at the Battle of the Belts, you better think again! Not only am I going to be in Orlando but I promise I'm going to make you pay and pay dearly! You made a grave mistake Flair and I'm gonna make you pay with your blood!

Schiavone: Wow, a very intense and down right angry Magnum TA. I'm worried that Magnum's emotions might be getting the better of him, not that I blame him but I just don't want to see his knee permanently damaged.

Crockett: I agree, its obvious by the Horsemen's shameful actions that Ric Flair is worried he cant win that US title on his own merit. What a shame.

Schiavone: Well fans we do have a great show lined up as Ivan Putski will clash with David Sammartino. Also in action will be Jimmy Snuka, Hot Property, Pedro Morales, The Devils Duo, Brett Sawyer and the team of Corporal Kirchner and Don Kernodle known as American Made. We will also hear from a number of wrestlers who will be competing at the Battle of the Belts. Speaking of Battle of the Belts, its been made official, Rick Martel will defend the NWA World heavyweight title against NWA National Champ, Terry Gordy. That should be a barn burner.

Crockett: No doubt about that. Martel has been a fighting champion and Gordy has been on a tear since winning the National Title. We will also be hearing from the tag teams representing Mid Atlantic in the upcoming Crockett Cup tournament.

The fans cheer as the Nightmares come out.

Crockett: Here's one of the teams now. Welcome back boys.

Davis: Good to be back David, we'll get right to the point. Rock Riddle's Fabulous Blondes put us out of action for awhile but now we're back!

Wayne: That's right and we want those Blondes! So we've agreed to put our Crockett Cup tournament spot on the line, here, tonight!

Crockett: Ok, there you go, the Nightmares will put their tournament spot on the line against the Fabulous Blondes later tonight. Oh my! Well lets go to the ring for our first match.

Pedro Morales vs. Tim Straw

Morales is on fire tonight as he hits Straw with a running knee then finishes him off with Caribbean Cannonball for the pin!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: With me at this time, Rock Riddle and Tom Prichard.

Riddle: Oh Tony what a glorious day it is for the Agency, not even these booing 2nd rate losers out here will dampen my mood. Speaking of 2nd rate, that B level tag team the Nightmares actually did something right and accepted my Blondes challenge. I can tell you right now, the Fabulous Blondes will get that tournament spot and then go on to the Superdome and win everything at stake. Can you imagine what the Agency will do with 1 million cold hard dollars?

Schiavone: No, I cant imagine.

Riddle: Of course you cant, a guy like you wouldn't put that money to good use. That's why your holding the mic for me. Now, this man here, the Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard is going to Orlando this weekend and he's going to win the Television title from another B level competitor, Terry Taylor.

Tom: (Laughing) Tell them Rock. Taylor, you cant run and duck me any longer. It's you and me baby and when its all said and done I'm bringing that TV title to the Agency, right where it belongs.

Riddle: Oh Tony, it's great to be around true A list professionals.

Schiavone: Unbelievable, fans lets go to the ring.

Hot Property vs. Lou Simms and Roger Murphy

Travis and Savoldi look sharp tonight with quick tags and high offensive moves. They double hip toss Simms and crash down on him with a double leg drop. Murphy runs in but is met with a double punch. The finish comes when they swing Murphy to the ropes and hit him with the double Hot Shot for the pin!

Crockett: Impressive win for Hot Property and the fans here have taken a liking to that pair. Fans I want to take you to a pre recorded interview with the longest reigning British Heavyweight Champion in history, Tony St. Clair.

St. Clair: You know, I couldn't wait to get here to the States and compete against the best in Mid Atlantic. Mid Atlantic, the NWA and Crockett's showed me the upmost respect. It's to bad it was tainted by Billy Robinson. Billy, I always had the highest amount of respect for you and for some reason you had to stoop low and attack me at my Press Conference. Ok, I guess the lines have been drawn. At Battle of the Belts I'm going to show you what I'm capable of and you might be surprised at what's in my arsenal.

Commercial Break

Brett Sawyer vs. Larry O'Meara

Brett hits several standing drop kicks then body slams O'Meara down. Brett goes to the top rope and finishes off O'Meara with a flying leg drop!

Schiavone: Ok, great win tonight Brett. A few weeks ago Johnny Rich put you down with some brass knuckles courtesy of his new manager Paul Jones. However in Ashville, you got a measure of revenge, lets take a look.

Ashville Footage

Brett runs to the ring and nails Rich with Brass Knuckles. Brett exits and Austin Idol drops an elbow and pins Rich.

Back Live

Schiavone: I guess turnabout is fair play.

Brett: I call that sweet revenge! So Johnny Rich is aligning himself with that rat Paul Jones? Doesn't matter one bit because Paul Jones wont be able to help poor Johnny...

The Devil's Duo and Paul Jones come out. The Duo level Sawyer and start stomping away! The fans cheer as Hot Property run out and start wailing away on the Duo. The two team are fighting as Sawyer regroups. Sawyer grabs Jones and drops him with a fist! The Duo grab Jones and run out of there. Sawyer shakes hands with Travis and Savoldi.

Commercial Break

Crockett: Well, looks like Brett Sawyer found some allies. Joining me right now is Bob Backlund. Bob, it's you and the Iron Sheik in a No Disqualification match at the Battle of the Belts.

Bob: The Sheik and I have had some rivalry. I'm not one who likes to break the rules, I prefer to win with my wrestling skills. Sheik on the other hand has hit me with chairs and has broken every rule in the book against me. Well I can tell you Sheik, you can break every rule you want at the Battle of the Belts but it wont be enough. I'm still the better wrestler and even in a No DQ match I'm still going to beat you with wrestling.

Crockett: Ok fans, Bob Backlund. Should be interesting to see how that match turns out. Lets go to the ring for a featured match as David Sammartino takes on Ivan Putski.

'The Great One' David Sammartino vs. 'Polish Power' Ivan Putski

David tries to jump Putski from behind but Putski was waiting for it, turns around and punches away on David. Putski spends the first few minutes hammering away on David. Putski body slams David a couple times then stomps away on him. Putski grabs David's hands and squeezes them. David is yelling in agonizing pain. David kicks Putski low to break the grip. David regroups and swings Putski towards the turnbuckles but Putski reverses it. David hits the turnbuckles and Putski charges in, David sticks up his foot and hits Putski. David grabs Putski's legs, then puts his own feet on the turnbuckles. David pushes forward, the ref doesn't see his feet on the turnbuckles and counts 1..2..3! David rolls out quick and jumps up and down with joy as the fans boo.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Ok, questionable win for David Sammartino.

David runs out

David: Did you see that Tony? That was one of the greatest wins ever on Mid Atlantic Television! I just beat a wrestling legend. So, I've beaten Morales, now I've beaten Putski. Sure, they're a couple of washed up guys from my father's era but they have some credibility, so I should be the one wrestling Rick Martel for the NWA title at battle of the belts! I'm serving notice to the NWA, The Great One David Sammartino wants a title shot because everybody just saw it, I earned one!

David holds his arm up and heads out as the fans boo.

Schiavone: I don't know what to say to that. Fans back to the ring.

Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka vs. Todd Rooney

Snuka head butts Rooney then picks him up and body slams him. Snuka goes to the top turnbuckle and flashes the 'I love you' sign. Snuka leaps off the ropes and hits the Superfly Splash for the pin! The fans go crazy.

Schiavone: Please welcome the always exciting, Superfly Jimmy Snuka.

Snuka: Tony, brotha, its great to be here and in the ring. The Superfly is hungry for action brotha.

The fans boo as Ron Fuller walks out.

Ron: Hold on a minute friend, this is Ron Fuller's time and you're intruding on it.

Schiavone: Ron, your time is next, this is Jimmy's time.

Ron: Jimmy? Why are you talking to him anyway? You should be talking to me, after all, I am part of the United States Tag team champions. Now, Rob and Jimmy are in Canada and I want to talk about the Stud Stable and the Crockett Cup so Jimmy you need to go.

Snuka: Hold on brotha, this is my time, I think you're the one who needs to go.

Ron: First off, did you just refer to me as a brotha? Did you mean brother? Because you my friend are no brother of mine. My brother is Rob Fuller, it sure aint you. We're southern gentlemen and I'm not really sure what to classify you as. You look like a savage.

Snuka: Do you have a problem with me? You call me a savage, do you have a problem with me? Because we can settle this in the ring brotha.

The fans cheer

Ron: Just relax there. Let me tell you something that everybody except you seem to know, which doesn't surprise me. A man of my credentials doesn't wrestle on television. People have to pay to watch me. Now I sure the heck wouldn't wrestle somebody like you on TV. Well, that would be lowering my standards, matter of fact, it would be insulting to a man of my credentials to wrestle a savage like you period.

Ron puts his cigar in his mouth. Jimmy slaps the cigar out of his mouth.

Schiavone: Hold on gentlemen, just hold on.

Fuller is steaming as officials come out and get between them.

Commercial Break

Crockett: Wow, that could of escalated fast. I'm not sure what Ron Fuller's problem was with Jimmy Snuka. Well as you heard earlier, the Nightmares will put their Crockett Cup tournament spot on the line against the Fabulous Blondes tonight. You also heard the Stud Stable will be in the Crockett Cup. With me now is the 3rd team representing Mid Atlantic in the Crockett Cup Tournament, Norvell Austin and Sweet Brown Sugar, the Soul Patrol.

Austin: David Crockett, awwwww man, one million dollars! National Tag team championships, Superdome, Crockett Cup Tournament! The Soul Patrol are coming.

Sugar: And the Soul Patrol are winning! This is a grand opportunity of a lifetime and the Soul Patrol are going to take this opportunity and run with it all the way to the top!

Crockett: The Soul Patrol are fired up, fans lets go to the ring.

American Made (Kirchner/Kernodle) vs. Bill Richards and Clyde Putnam

American Made is in sync tonight and the fans are in full support. Kernodle gives Richards a neckbreaker then tags in Kirchner. Kirchner hits the Fallaway Slam for the pin! They head to the podium.

Schiavone: Ok fans, American Made

Kirchner: Proud to be an American Tony. You don't know how good it is to have Mr. Pride of the USA himself, Don Kernodle back by my side. Smirnoff, I sent your partner packing and you tried your best to send me out as well but didn't work out did it?

Don: Hey Smirnoff, doesn't matter what you do because I have my partner's back. We've done this before and we're going to do it again!

Kirchner and Kernodle high five and soak in the cheers.

Commercial Break

Crockett: With me now is the Mid Atlantic Champ, Harley Race. Harley it's you and Wahoo at the Battle of the Belts and he thinks you're making the mistake of underestimating him.

Race: I never underestimate an opponent David Crockett and Wahoo is going to find that out first hand at battle of the belts. I've defended this here title against all comers and after I beat Wahoo, its plain and simple, I want Martel! I want what's coming to me and that's an NWA World Title shot. Martel, you might escape Terry Gordy at battle of the belts but I guarantee when we face off, the world title is coming home with me!

Crockett: Ok Harley Race is looking ahead to Rick Martel. Speaking of Rick Martel, as we told you earlier, Martel will be defending the NWA world title against National Champ, Terry Gordy at battle of the belts. More big news, on March 11th, Mid Atlantic returns to the Omni for a huge card. Either Rick Martel or Terry Gordy will be there to defend the world title. Also signed is Mil Mascaras who will be facing a man debuting in Mid Atlantic, the Cobra in what should be an outstanding match up. And that's not it, listen to this match signed, Bruiser Brody comes to the Omni and will clash with none other than Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff! Fans this will be a must see, Omni, March 11th, be there! When we come back, it's our main event.

Commercial Break

For the Nightmare's Crockett Cup spot

The Nightmares vs. Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

The Ref lets the two teams go at it for a bit. The Nightmares clean house as the fans cheer. The Blondes try to regroup and comeback but the Nightmares stay in control with quick tags while keeping Crews down with arm bars and twists. Crews is beyond frustrated. Timbs tries to run in but Wayne knocks him down. The Nightmares double suplex Crews back and go for the pin but Riddle distracts the Ref. Davis stands up and heads towards Riddle, this allows Timbs to nail Davis from behind with a high knee. Crews then follows with a knee drop and cover. The ref turns around and counts 1..2..Wayne comes in and drops an elbow on Crews. Timbs comes in and starts brawling with Wayne. The ref is tied up with them. Tom Prichard comes to the ring and climbs the ropes but Terry Taylor runs out and pushes him over. In the chaos, Davis rolls up Crews, the Ref jumps down and counts 1..2..3! The Nightmares keep their Crockett Cup spot!

Riddle, Prichard and the Blondes are throwing a tantrum in the ring as Terry Taylor lifts the arms of the Nightmares on the outside.

Commercial Break

Crockett: What a match, the Nightmares showed why they're going to the Crockett Cup. Well fans, we shall see you at battle of the belts in Orlando. Wait a minute.

Ric Flair struts out in a suit as the fans boo.

Crockett: I cant believe you have the audacity to show your face. I have to tell you, I wouldn't of expected such a cowardly attack from a former world champ. Whether Magnum is injured or not, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes at battle of the belts.

The fans boo louder as JJ leads out the Andersons and Tully.

Crockett: Oh sure why not. I'm sure you guys are real happy with yourselves.

JJ: (smiling) Of course we are David. You're looking at the most dominant group in the entire wrestling world. Magnum TA found that out. Now if you don't mind, the 4 Horsemen want to talk and that's exactly what they're going to do.

Arn: (Holds up 4 fingers) These four fingers represent the symbol of excellence. A solid unit. We sent a message at Magnum's expense. You mess with one, you mess with all of us. Now as for battle of the belts, we're going to defend our NWA world tag team titles against the mighty Road Warriors. Don't think for one second we're intimidated by the Road Warriors. We beat the beasts at Starrcade, we tore down Bad Street, the loud music stopped when we pounded the Rock n Roll Express and at battle of the belts, we're going to beat the invincible!

Ole: Because that's just what we do. We beat people up David Crockett and we don't give a damn whether you or anybody else likes it or not.

Tully: Arn, you mentioned Bad Street. Michael Hayes, don't think I forgot about that sneak attack last week. Sure you got me from behind but at battle of the belts you've got to go toe to toe with somebody who's way out of your league boy. I cant wait to put you down and if Buddy Roberts sticks his nose in our match then JJ will slap him silly.

JJ laughs and nods

Flair: WHOOOOOO! David Crockett, you're standing amidst the greatest wrestlers in the world today. Whether you deserve to be standing here with greatness is sure debatable. Magnum TA, pal, you messed with the Horsemen and you paid a dear price. You've got more guts than brains to walk that aisle with me at battle of the belts. I just think you're plain stupid! Magnum, I'm taking you to school in Orlando then I'm going to take that US title and then I'm going to win back what's rightfully mine, the NWA world title. After our match Magnum, you're going to know why diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair. WHOOOOO!

JJ and the Horsemen put there hands out and slap there other hands on top and smile at the camera as the show ends.

Battle of the Belts- Feb 22nd, Orlando FL

NWA World Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. National Champ Terry Gordy

US Title Bout

Magnum TA © vs. Ric Flair w/JJ Dillon

NWA World Tag Team Title Bout

Andersons © w/JJ Dillon vs. UWF Champs The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

Harley Race © vs. Wahoo McDaniel

TV Title Bout

Terry Taylor © vs. Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle

Special Attraction Match