Pro Wrestling Only

Mae Young Classic 2018 thread

donsem43

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Madison Rayne (going by Ashley Rayne in the tournament), Priscilla Kelly & Xia Brookside added to the tournament.

There was a brief video clip of Karen Q at the Performance Center that surfaced on Twitter a couple of days ago (presumably for an introductory piece they will do on her) and in that Karen was wrestling Madison (in full gear) which pretty much gave it away that she will also be in it.  

Neither Tegan or Jinny wrestled on the NXT-UK tapings the past two nights which I am guessing was just a precautionary issue to avoid them picking up a knock.

1 hour ago, Magnum Milano said:

The final five names have been confirmed for this:

Allysin Kay (Sienna from TNA), M.J. Jenkins, Rachael Ellering, Xia Li and Zatara (a masked wrestler from Chile).

Actually, I think there's one spot remaining, unless I miscounted.

Just now, SirEdger said:

Actually, I think there's one spot remaining, unless I miscounted.

I think you're right.  I was going from the report on the Observer website which said the full line up is set, but when I totted things up myself only got 31 names and not 32:

01) Kaitlyn
02) Rhea Ripley
03) Kacy Catanzaro
04) Io Shirai
05) Nicole Matthews
06) Jinny
07) Deonna Purazzo
08) Tegan Knox
09) Reina Gonzalez
10) Jessica Elaban
11) Taynara Conti
12) Mercedes Martinez
13) Mia Yim
14) Kavita Devi
15) Killer Kelly
16) Zeuxis
17) Isla Dawn
18) Lacey Lane
19) Karen Q
20) Meiko Satomura
21) Madison Rayne
22) Priscilla Kelly
23) Xia Brookside
24) Hiroyo Matsumoto
25) Aerial Monroe
26) Vanessa Kraven
27) Allysin Kay
28) M.J. Jenkins
29) Rachael Ellering
30) Xia Li
31) Zatara

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I'm not just counting the last MYC, but also the CWC - that this surpasses the UK tournament should go without saying, too.

It does. The alternate list will be very strong. Poor Britt Baker just missed the cut. Will be the #1 alternate.

Alternate wise WWE has to find replacements for three dropouts: Chelsea Green (Visa Issues), Kylie Rae (collarbone injury) and Crystal from Philippines (a mystery). 

Nicole Savoy, Jordynne Grace, Shazza McKenzie or Madison Eagles are my most notable exclusions. Saying that there are no adject wastes of space like there was last year.

36 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I read a while back that Vince loves that he's always motivated no matter the frequency they're using him on TV.

Going by shoot interviews and stuff the issue with Zack from the Triple H/William Regal side of the company was that he was a dork who looked like he couldn't win a fight IRL. 

Chelsea Green never really watched wrestling growing up. Only liked Trish and Kelly Kelly. And applied to Lance Storm's school on a whim in College. So she doesn't have that lifelong fan grounding and understanding of the "biz" and her hot mess character is based on her real-life personality. Her stint with IMPACT didn't end amicably at all. You have to be next level savvy with WWE talent relations these days. Can only assume a fair amount of why she hasn't been signed yet is on her.