Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/23 - 07/29 Let's dig out tweets from 2009 - 2010

KawadaSmile

The rumors have been put to bed. WWE's first ever women's PPV is happening in late October 2018. With Ember Moon, Asuka, Io, Rousey, The Four Horse Women, Belair,  Naomi, and Storm on the active roster, WWE will pretty much need to go out of its own way to ensure this card doesn't deliver. Extreme Rules and other WWE PPV this year, and on average, have set the bar extremely low. Evolution just needs to be better than Backlash 2018 and it will already be a contender for SOTY.

Well, for one it helped Lashley be elevated to main event status, as well as his win last week. If you don't have that match there, and him winning, this match here falls flat on its face, since it had many callbacks and an actual sense of suspense.

Best match of Lashley's career?

The Reigns match at Extreme Rules safely cracks into Bobby's top 20 matches, not sure it slips into Reigns' top 50. I don't see 50/50 booking helping Lashley at all. Lashley wins at Extreme Rules setup a few promising things. Reigns' win on Raw sets us right back to where we were prior to GRR. And all for what? So the Brooklyn fans at best give a  luke warm reaction for both Lesnar and Reigns as Lesnar walks through another "Suplex City" match? At worse the main event will be hijacked yet again. Let's be clear, Impact just put on one of the best shows of the summer and the year. Solid no nonsense booking, fresh match ups, characters with motivation, wrestlers with actual character traits, stakes defined and outlined very clearly before, during, and after matches.This is pro wrestling 101 and the biggest wrestling company is the world is gearing up for a show that will feature, for the most part, none of this. Forget the Political Hit Theory, WWE is flat out trolling.

And that's the problem. If that does happen, it will be the second time Reigns is the subject of a cash-in. With Ambrose, the cash-in happened with a guy that is beyond stale. If it goes down now, the cash-in will happen with a guy who doesn't need sneaky cash-ins or even a world title. the outcome of the Extreme Rules main event was another WWE Gotcha! moment that the fans and WWE will pay for at SummerSlam.

I don't know what Rollins blowing a 3-0 lead against Dolph fuckin' Ziggler has to do with Roman being the subject of a cash-in, though :p

In all seriousness, there are some possibilities there. KO can cash-in and cost Roman the title AND not even getting to win it at all, which would be INSANE but at least would somehow protect Reigns, depending on how they do it.

KO could cost Braun his cash-in, too. There could be shenanigans leading to a triple threat at SummerSlam.

Considering how fast things change in this company, no one knows.

12 hours ago, hammerva said:

So I will ask again.  What was the purpose of Lashley vs Reigns at Extreme Rules?     Unless they can figure how to weasel a 3 way out of this in order for Brock to lose the title and NOT get pinned I don't get it.

That is of course if brock loses at Summerslam

The only purpose is putting out content. Nothing else matters. Have you ever had to write a paper with a minimum page/word requirement and you just threw out whatever bullshit popped in your head to hit the mark? That's WWE's booking right now.

Cliche to say at this point but Summerslam may be a great opportunity for a heel turn for Roman.  Have him beat Brock in a war.  Hardway blood, etc.  Of course he'll get booed.  Then have him cheat to beat a cashing-in Braun (who will get a massive pop) to keep the belt he has been chasing for so long.  Mania main event of top heel Roman vs top baby Braun.  Obviously not gonna happen.

15 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Well, for one it helped Lashley be elevated to main event status, as well as his win last week. If you don't have that match there, and him winning, this match here falls flat on its face, since it had many callbacks and an actual sense of suspense.

Best match of Lashley's career?

I'd go with any number of matches from Lashley's 2016 Impact run, but I feel like his last 3 or so matches here have been him getting back to form after a slow start back in WWE.

2 hours ago, Alucard said:

I'd go with any number of matches from Lashley's 2016 Impact run, but I feel like his last 3 or so matches here have been him getting back to form after a slow start back in WWE.

His Destination X 2014 match against Aries and the Knockout or Tapout match with Drew outrank anything he's done in WWE, easily.

2 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

Cliche to say at this point but Summerslam may be a great opportunity for a heel turn for Roman.  Have him beat Brock in a war.  Hardway blood, etc.  Of course he'll get booed.  Then have him cheat to beat a cashing-in Braun (who will get a massive pop) to keep the belt he has been chasing for so long.  Mania main event of top heel Roman vs top baby Braun.  Obviously not gonna happen.

That's an awful look for Braun. So you want people to buy him in a straight-up Mania title shot after he's already failed to beat an exhausted Roman with an advantageous surprise cash-in?

That's basically just copying & lifting the poor booking of Roman and transferring it onto Strowman. At that point, both guys look like sore losers.

I'm all for turning Reigns or creating a situation to garner him some heat. But there are easier, more efficient ways to do it that don't require you to sacrifice your other most over baby face.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I couldn't get past them choosing a photo that makes Ronda look like a stroke victim to even notice the makeup.

For me it was the other way around. But it is true that Ronda either looks like she is suffering from Bell's palsy (maybe this is a hidden JR joke?) or like Data's having problems controlling his emotion chip. Of course I could be nice and comparing the facial expression with Harrison Ford's standard expression.

WWE seems to be going out of their way to make Ronda as unattractive as possible. There was that week where the makeup they put on her made her look like she had pink eye, the wierd cross-braiding they did the other week to make her head look like an iced cinnamon bun (she even posted the best memes of it on her Instagram), and now this pic. For a company so obsessed with looks, it's a strange thing to see constantly happening. 

1 hour ago, SomethingSavage said:

His Destination X 2014 match against Aries and the Knockout or Tapout match with Drew outrank anything he's done in WWE, easily.

That's an awful look for Braun. So you want people to buy him in a straight-up Mania title shot after he's already failed to beat an exhausted Roman with an advantageous surprise cash-in?

That's basically just copying & lifting the poor booking of Roman and transferring it onto Strowman. At that point, both guys look like sore losers.

I'm all for turning Reigns or creating a situation to garner him some heat. But there are easier, more efficient ways to do it that don't require you to sacrifice your other most over baby face.

I think Braun's pretty bulletproof and wouldn't be sacrificed by losing in a bullshit way (the only way he will ever lose from here on out, most likely) and then winning the Rumble and belt at Mania.  People will ALWAYS buy him in a title shot even if he doesn't win the Rumble.  It's a hell of a lot better to have him lose the cash-in to Roman Reigns than Kevin fucking Owens.