Pro Wrestling Only

THE GAY COMMUNITY!??!?!

Bix

Posted here if only because I know it will amuse Loss.

recap real quick for me my nuhz?

AJ was on WOL (in weird kayfabe mode for the first few minutes - "I really could've beaten Rhino tonight," etc). They opened it up to a caller who asked how he felt about being so liked by the gay community. Styles was aghast - the "THE GAY COMMUNITY?" disgusted reply alluded to above. "Because you're so good looking," continued the caller, or w/ something to that effect, before Dave cut him off. "Get him out of here," said AJ and Dave agreed with something like, "Next caller," and it was a little awkward.

But it got more awkward later when another caller said he was a fan, but why did AJ care about people's sexual orientation. That didn't get very far either before Styles went, like, pffft, and Dave made another snide comment (typical, "Oh, God...") before moving on.

At least the first was undoubtedly a prank and you could justify the responses both times with non-homophobic rationalizations but they'd be pretty weak. It was just kinda awkward. But that was it.

Oh, DM asked AJ if his 20-mo-old son could talk yet, and the joke wrote itself in everyone's mind and now yours too

His insult of choice is "fhehggit," though he doesn't swear at all otherwise. He refuses to say "ass," telling people he saw the movie "Jack-A-S-S" and telling Michael Shane he was "going to kick [his] fhehggit...head!" Apparently in his ROH match with CIMA, his exclamation of pain was "OW! FHEHGGIT!" I've been told that he also doesn't like blacks or Jews much, either.

• 3 years later...

His insult of choice is "fhehggit," though he doesn't swear at all otherwise. He refuses to say "ass," telling people he saw the movie "Jack-A-S-S" and telling Michael Shane he was "going to kick [his] fhehggit...head!"

I've heard AJ swear. I was at a restaurant with him and some other dudes after a TNA show, and he was discussing his reputation for never cursing. He said that during a close football game where his home team was losing, he'd scream "aw, fuck me, fuck me!" and similar epithets. I somehow balled up enough to ask him if he said those things in bed with his wife, and he said "no, she'd just say "okay, get out of me right now" if I did that". He's just a Georgia cracker redneck, so it's no surprise if he holds cranky old-fashioned opinions about teh gheys.

I remember reading an interview with Wildside wrestler Lazz where he used to talk about AJ Styles preaching to him about giving up his sodomite lifestyle.

Bumping after close to 4 years because I'd like to find this.

I think it was on the old itscwrestling board which had a wildside and an Al getz talks indies subsection.