Pro Wrestling Only

Your opinion on Roman Reigns

yesdanielbryan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Interesting thing about Reigns. He's 33 now. By the time he hits his late 30s, they'll probably be looking for someone new in that role. Chances are that person is just getting started now. They started the Reigns transition in 2014, but it took four years to actually complete, which wasn't expected. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that whoever the next The Guy is starts getting groomed for that role within the next year.

Surely it's Ronda, and as she gets more comfortable as a wrestler they'll put her in more angles etc.

7 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Rousey's big run is going to largely parallel Roman's. I don't think it will be her. It'll be someone not on our radar right now, most likely. No one was talking about Leakee in 2010-2011 as Cena's heir apparent.

In the new era where development is actually a super indie, it's hard for someone to stay outside the spotlight while still developing so that'll be interesting to see. I guess Braun was pretty unknown when he suddenly appeared and he's a top guy within a couple of years so it's still possible.

I dig Reigns because he's a fucking awesome wrestler, he carries himself like a star, and he clearly is going to work and earn respect from fans and is already a locker room leader.The boos from a section of grown men doin what they do are starting to get matched by the cheers of kids, women, and guys who realize his matches are consistently good to great. 

This idea of "Who's next?" is a fun little excursion into the idea that it isn't Reigns, but it is gonna be Reigns unless a Stone Cold pops up outta nowhere. And Braun was never it. Has some of the booking been awful? Yup. But it feels like it's turning around, and it's really irrelevant to me honest.

I'm not a fan of booking the main event of a HITC for a Saudi Arabia shows that I ain't gonna watch but that's another rant.  

So to sum up, Roman Reigns is fucking great, and if you can't see that, well.... maybe you need a different TV Show to watch. There's a lot of fucking content out there now as far as entertainment goes, be it wrestling, TV, Movies, Podcasts, or whatever.  Shot, there's so much WWE content now, you can pick what you want to watch.

There's no excuse to watch something you don't enjoy . Especially in 2018.

Oh, and Reigns is great, like I said, gets huge pops, and sells a shit ton of merch.:) I buried the lead.

Reigns has significantly regressed in the ring this year, though. It's like WWE decided that Lesnar/Goldberg has to be the template for every Universal Championship match. So we get a million Superman punches, a thousand finisher kick-outs, and a power nap thrown in at some point. At least, that's how it is on PPV. His Raw matches seem to be generally well-received.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Reigns has significantly regressed in the ring this year, though. It's like WWE decided that Lesnar/Goldberg has to be the template for every Universal Championship match. So we get a million Superman punches, a thousand finisher kick-outs, and a power nap thrown in at some point. At least, that's how it is on PPV. His Raw matches seem to be generally well-received.

He's just been infected by the Lesnar bullshit. He needs to get away from Brock pronto and start working with the likes of Drew in title programmes. I generally think they book him to sell too much in his matches too.