Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/12-11/18 STONE COLD BECKY LYNCH

sek69

Just now, hammerva said:

I do find it funny that the people screaming about how reckless Nia is (which is true) and that she should go back to developmental (which is also probably true) was also on the "Hey accident happen all the time" phase for Brie Bella.  

Brie was as clumsy as Nia is. There's no way Brie should've been involved in the ring right now with all the botches she had in the span of a month. One accident, it happens. Two? Coincidence but yeah, OK. When you're up to 3 and 4, you're just plain clumsy and/or reckless.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to have Becky on TV cutting promos every week until she's cleared. Have her rail on company doctors for not clearing her so the company can protect Ronda or whatever. They absolutely can't let her heat die.

I think they might do a swift transition tonight to get to Charlotte vs Ronda for Sunday. Then hopefully keep the Becky match for Mania.

You guys are mighty optimistic to put faith in this company to save Becky's spot against Ronda until Mania.

I'd say the more likely scenario is that they do a quick one-week reheat of the angle once she's cleared, then quickly feed Bex to Rousey before moving onto Charlotte for Mania. Maybe it'll headline a "hard" 3-hour Raw or something.

Hope I'm wrong, of course. I much prefer the idea of Becky breaking through and swiping the Mania money match away from Charlotte. I just don't think it's a realistic expectation is all.

I'm not sure how you'd do it, but to me, you gotta find a way to either strip Lynch of the title tonight or have her taken out of the match for some other kayfabe reason - basically, go "full Austin" and have Shane and Steph agree that she "went too far" and that because she was the gang leader, she needs to be punished.

I think the audience would generally be okay with the gaping plot hole of Shane punishing Lynch for the same thing that the male brand members have done before every Survivor Series show for years now because Lynch is that over. 

Then, at Survivor Series, she attacks Rousey again and it draws even more ire from the McMahons. The Reigns/McMahon feud and the subtle tension between Cena and the McMahons (Laurenaitis, really) never worked because the audience could see through them. But with Lynch, you've actually got a talent that the crowd loves, her talking points have been all about being "held down," and as good as Rousey is, I'm pretty sure the WWE knows that one day not too far in the future, there'll be a backlash to her in the WWE and she'll need to be turned (in a role she'll probably be even better at).

Hard to say what will happen with Lynch come Mania. Echoes of the Bryan situation in the fall of 2013. You can job her to Rousey a hundred times, but if the support doesn't die down and she's still the most over character in the division in February, you'd have to insert her into the match.

I'd say the obvious way to salvage this is to have Nia replace Becky at Survivor Series and have Ronda destroy her in less than a minute. Ronda looks like even more of a killer without running the risk of the crowd turning on her. Becky burnishes her anti-establishment cred and gets even more over. NIa hopefully gets future endeavored immediately afterward. Everybody wins. Of course, WWE will probably find some way to fuck it up regardless, but hope springs eternal.

I guess a silver lining to all this is that at least now fans have a reason to boo Nia now after her Big Show-esque turn for no reason. 

Also they should have Becky coming out to antagonize everyone like they did with Austin when he was recovering from his neck injury. After Ronda demolishes Nia, have Becky come out and lay her out while saying she still hasn't beaten the Man.  

This could be a blessing. If Lynch is just out for Survivor Series, this could be easily fixable, and maybe for an even bigger payoff. Lynch winning the Rumble and facing Ronda at WM could bang so hard to the point I can see it as a headliner.

And to be fair Charlotte facing Becky isn't that bad. I'm over Flair overall but she can still create an interesting dynamic in this case

fuck yes

bryan was such a great heel in 2012, his performance against sheamus at HiaC was unbelievable.

and not only that, Miz will obviously cut some fire promos. DB spent months calling Miz a cheater and a coward, and now he looks like the biggest hypocrite.

God Bless Vince "The Greatest Mind in Pro Wrestling" McMahon

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

fuck yes

bryan was such a great heel in 2012, his performance against sheamus at HiaC was unbelievable.

and not only that, Miz will obviously cut some fire promos. DB spent months calling Miz a cheater and a coward, and now he looks like the biggest hypocrite.

God Bless Vince "The Greatest Mind in Pro Wrestling" McMahon

Not saying it wasn't his idea but Vince wasn't at the show tonight and hasn't been at TV a lot lately.

If you are going to turn Bryan heel why would you do it as he is about to face the most hated person in the company in Brock Lesnar.     

It is amazing how we went from something so obvious to do a month ago with Miz winning the title against Styles in Australia to a double turn?   

Also the idea of having to turn him Bryan heel because Becky is hurt for ONE PPV is stupid even for the WWE