Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/12-11/18 STONE COLD BECKY LYNCH

sek69

On the flip side - and only because I just read Becky's most recent Tweet - if there was a question how to stretch Becky's popularity to last till Mania, there's a built-in feud with Nia now that can help fill the gap (plus the Rumble win in January that should get her the title shot). 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Nia posting a pic of her hand to get heat might put Owen Hart's "I just broke your neck" t-shirt to shame in terms of misguided attempts of capitalizing on an injury.

I like it. Nia fucked up. She can make an apology which will not get received kindly, or she can double down. If she survives the initial heat she'll get a match and a payday with Becky out of it.

9 hours ago, Downend2005 said:

Fantasy booking here, but I think the most obvious way to have gone once Becky was out was to have Ronda demand to be put in the survivors match as part of team Raw. It could easily be explained away as now she can’t get her hands on Becky, she wants all of the Smackdown women to pay for their attack. That would have made infinitely more sense than Becky just choosing Charlotte to replace her. All it would have taken was one promo with Alexa visiting SmackDown to inform their women that shit just got real.

That way, you keep the Ronda-Charlotte match in your back pocket for later rather than blowing it with no build, and you also get to gauge the reception to any interaction they have and tease a future match between the two.

You make a valid point, as I was also expecting Ronda to be inserted in the RAW Women's Survivor Series team but at the same time, I can't help but think that WWE is realizing what they now have with Becky Lynch as literally the most over act in WWE, like overwhelmingly being cheered by the crowd since they planted the seeds for Ronda vs Becky - and Ronda had pretty much been getting very positive reactions since she debuted. So, in that regard, I don't have any qualms about WWE hotshotting Ronda vs Charlotte, since they're pretty much doing it by necessity because one of their employees didn't bother working safe with one half of the most anticipated programs for Survivor Series.

Sure, but a wrestler prone to hurting people due to her own sloppiness trying to act heel on Twitter is a bad look. (side note, what's with a lot of the WWE women using their "shoot names" on Twitter? It's confusing when they're trying to further pro rasslin' jibber jabber but use their IRL names to do it)

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

What's weird is Brock supposedly really likes AJ, and AJ carried him to one of Brock's better matches so why make the change? Don't get me wrong, I dig heel Bryan, but it was a weird change to make. 

For the umpteenth time, AJ did NOT carry Brock. Fine you dont like Brock, but he was NOT carried. Jesus,  what is people's problem. You can not like somebody and still throw them a compliment every once a while. It is not like one compliment you are going to lose your Brock-hating internet cred. 

2 hours ago, DMJ said:

On the flip side - and only because I just read Becky's most recent Tweet - if there was a question how to stretch Becky's popularity to last till Mania, there's a built-in feud with Nia now that can help fill the gap (plus the Rumble win in January that should get her the title shot). 

Finally someone with some Wrestling smarts, this is the first thing I thought when I finally read what happened (Im wicked behind, I am in Europe on business). Becky vs Nia is a license to print fucking money right now. Becky is over like rover. Nia is a fucking heat-seeking missile on the internet. The place would erupt for their match. Forget Mania, strike while the iron is hot. Royal Rumble would be my target date and fuck all the brand split bullshit, make this match happen! Nia vs Ronda was one of the best matches of the year and I think this would be molten. Somebody has to say it, what Nia did to Becky could be the biggest thing to happen to Becky's career. That image is going to be iconic. The only thing is a concussion. That is serious business. I feel really bad for Becky and will be praying for a speedy recovery. The broken nose will heal, but the concussion is serious, long-term damage. So that is terrible. :(

2 hours ago, DMJ said:

I think it's possible to keep her strong.  I think that the Rumble should be Ronda vs. Nia, with Ronda going over. Becky runs in afterwards and KO's Ronda with the SD Title belt, and then puts Nia in th Disarm-Her and "breaks her arm" as revenge. The crowd will love her for that, and then you can build to Ronda/Becky at Mania.

Down the road, there definitely should be something involving Becky and Nia. Whether it's a title match or something in the Rumble (I'm convinced that Becky is winning the Women's Rumble this year so I see her drop the title prior to the Rumble) but as a fan, you gotta make sure to get maximum heat for Becky. I hate Nia for how careless she was on Monday but I'd definitely wanna see a resolution between Becky an Nia down the road.

Yes, people are kind of forgetting (I know rovert isn't) that Becky getting a serious concussion is right up there with Daniel Bryan getting a serious concussion at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a while to clear her. 

12 minutes ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

For the umpteenth time, AJ did NOT carry Brock. Fine you dont like Brock, but he was NOT carried. Jesus,  what is people's problem. You can not like somebody and still throw them a compliment every once a while. It is not like one compliment you are going to lose your Brock-hating internet cred. 

Calm down champ. I don't care one way or another about Brock, and don't care about any "cred".  The AJ match is pretty much the only match he's had of late that hasn't bored me, and it's not cooincidentally one of the few times he didn't decide to eat his opponent alive. Nothing here worth getting that Mad Online about. 

12 hours ago, rovert said:

I do believe NIa is a rotten person well aware of her ties with the Rock, WWE's want to push a plus sized girl and being three times the size of those who she wrestles.

Her Twitter is the worst. Only cares about sexism and fat shaming for her own self-benefit. A hard accusation to level but I don't think is actually cares about another person.

The 'rotten person' because she knows the company is going to push her seems weird. What do you want her to do, ask Vince to bury her?

I don't see how her self-centred feminism is any different than other women on the roster going mad over Dave's comments about Payton Royce while saying nothing about Saudi Arabia, or just the entire self-serving brand of corporate feminism dished out by WWE and Stephanie McMahon on a regular basis. 

It's pretty obvious from past history rovert has a close connection with Becky, he either knows her or is not far removed from someone who does.  Not surprised he would have a  more personal feeling on the matter.

Also let's not let all the stanning cause people to forget a wrestler shoot punched someone half her size square in the goddamn face.  It's not being mean to Nia or "hating" on her to point that out. The point of the business here is to make it look like it hurts without actually hurting people. Nia's had issues with that several times now. If that's upsetting to you, I don't know what to tell you. 

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It's pretty obvious from past history rovert has a close connection with Becky, he either knows her or is not far removed from someone who does.  Not surprised he would have a  more personal feeling on the matter.

Also let's not let all the stanning cause people to forget a wrestler shoot punched someone half her size square in the goddamn face.  It's not being mean to Nia or "hating" on her to point that out. The point of the business here is to make it look like it hurts without actually hurting people. Nia's had issues with that several times now. If that's upsetting to you, I don't know what to tell you. 

Who is this addressed to? Only person here that sounds upset is rovert. Doesn't bother me if someone's 'being mean' to Nia or any other wrestler, especially if they've been reckless.  But using that botch to accuse somebody they've never met before as being some kind of sociopath is. . . it's bloody odd.

17 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Who is this addressed to? Only person here that sounds upset is rovert. Doesn't bother me if someone's 'being mean' to Nia or any other wrestler, especially if they've been reckless.  But using that botch to accuse somebody they've never met before as being some kind of sociopath is. . . it's bloody odd.

Sorry to be unclear, it wasn't directed at one person specfically per se, more at the general feeling that anyone calling out someone for being bad at their job is being a "hater" who has some kind of deep jealousy. 

42 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Sorry to be unclear, it wasn't directed at one person specfically per se, more at the general feeling that anyone calling out someone for being bad at their job is being a "hater" who has some kind of deep jealousy. 

Yeah, that's dumb. As is piling onto some wrestler's  (usually women) social media to give them nasty abuse because they did something shitty in the ring. Unfortunately, that's the fanaticism of that stan culture social media seems to breed.

Like, some of these people talk as if the shows are real. Getting mad at a heel for cutting a promo on their favourite babyface and whatever.

9 hours ago, Badlittlekitten said:

I know a lot of wrestlers who have wrestled Nia and they've all said she's dangerous. One prominent Wrestler trainer of men and women went off about her to me. Everyone he has trained gave him extremely negative feedback about Nia.

I don't think Nia is a sociopath just really self-obsessed.

8 hours ago, FMKK said:

Also, WWE should have Lawlor giving all these fuckers Working Punches 101 classes. It really shouldn't be hard for a pro wrestler to fake punch someone.

What background does Lawler have training people? Also him training women or relating to women seems like a shit show.

Coach Serena Deeb throws great punches.