Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/12-11/18 STONE COLD BECKY LYNCH

sek69

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny moment on Twitter where Bryan Alvarez called out Nia for being a sloppy worker once it was shown Becky's injury came from a straight punch to the face, only to have Ryback of all people running in to stan for her calling Bryan a mark that never wrestled before. Which.....yeah. Immediately my brain went to CM Punk's famous impression of hm. 

1 hour ago, Strummer said:

Double turn with Miz?

Different circumstances when a feud partner turns as opposed to “oh we’re cheering/booing you now?” but after how badly Face Miz crashed and burned a few years back (remember him having the Figure Four “given” to him by Flair), I don’t think the actual character Miz can ever be taken seriously as a face.

Nia is making Brie Bella look like Bret Hart in terms of safety. Funny how one reckless strike stops the hottest feud dead in its tracks. The hugging stuff between Becky and Charlotte was weird considering they just had a blood feud. 

Rey is STILL the king of TV wrestling. And wow they are finally delivering on the big dream match Brock vs. Bryan, with absolutely no build and Bryan as a heel but still. They have ruined Brock to the point that even I don't really want to watch him but this should rule. 

My theory is that the WWE needed to create momentum heading into the show, especially after Becky Lynch was ruled out. Charlotte Flair-Ronda Rousey is a fantastic stop-gap motion, but they needed a hot angle heading into the show. So turning Daniel Bryan heel and winning the WWE Championship was easily going to draw the most attention.

It's going to be strange seeing Brock-Bryan work a heel-heel match at Survivor Series, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it.

Sitting down to watch SD now, and Nia's actions are really inexcusable. It's one thing to excecute a move sloppy, or mistime throwing someone outside the ring, but that was a straight punch to the face that would have made Onita proud. There didn't even look like there was an attempt to work it either. 

4 hours ago, Strummer said:

Not saying it wasn't his idea but Vince wasn't at the show tonight and hasn't been at TV a lot lately.

I think it's been made pretty clear in dirtsheets recently that despite Vince not attending a lot of TVs lately, everything still is run through him via Titan Towers or his home. So, in the end, it still was Vince who approved of Bryan's heel turn.

With that said, I'll say that I didn't entered Smackdown tonight thinking we would end up seeing Daniel Bryan regain the WWE Championship, let alone turn heel as well. I was half-expecting a surprise Brock appearance to attack both AJ & Bryan. But now, it makes me wonder what the hell are they gonna do with AJ on Sunday? Does he run in the Brock/Bryan match? Or can he even replace Shane in team Smackdown?

Nia's wild punch was definitely reckless and should receive some punishment, but people on Twitter calling for her immediate sacking is a bit much. Seth Rollins managed to injure the Universal champion, cave in the nose of the company's biggest star and end Sting's career, and didn't receive this level of abuse. Plus, I felt the Vega injury was more on Tamina for totally failing to catch her

30 minutes ago, NotJayTabb said:

Nia's wild punch was definitely reckless and should receive some punishment, but people on Twitter calling for her immediate sacking is a bit much. Seth Rollins managed to injure the Universal champion, cave in the nose of the company's biggest star and end Sting's career, and didn't receive this level of abuse. Plus, I felt the Vega injury was more on Tamina for totally failing to catch her

She has hurt people several times in NXT and WWE. For transparency sake including a number of my friends. This isn't a one-off. PWO is meant to be one of the smarter, more analytical forums. Her offence looks like shit and looks like shit to take.

Until late Monday WWE management claimed to be in the dark about it all. A whole bunch of people privately came forward. Lana and Dana Brooke on social media denied any involvement in the situation after fans attacking them.

I do believe NIa is a rotten person well aware of her ties with the Rock, WWE's want to push a plus sized girl and being three times the size of those who she wrestles.

Her Twitter is the worst. Only cares about sexism and fat shaming for her own self-benefit. A hard accusation to level but I don't think is actually cares about another person.

At one point, the entire concept of "pro-wrestling royalty" should really been questioned. This struck me during the Shaul Guerrero segment at Ultima Lucha (which was very fun, don't get me wrong, but Striker talking about her being "pro-wrestling royalty" really made me think about the whole thing). There's this very bizarre notion in pro-wrestling that if your family has been in the business before, you automatically get respected (well, unless you're Erik Watts) because of some really twisted feeling of "wrestling dynasty". Who the fuck cares about who you parents or brothers/sisters are ? 

Nia Jaxx totally is a product of this mentality. She's a shitty worker with no presence and no promo ability, and she's been proven dangerous, yet she's been given more than most women who worked hard for 20 years (where's Cheerleader Melissa's sweet contract ?).

Fantasy booking here, but I think the most obvious way to have gone once Becky was out was to have Ronda demand to be put in the survivors match as part of team Raw. It could easily be explained away as now she can’t get her hands on Becky, she wants all of the Smackdown women to pay for their attack. That would have made infinitely more sense than Becky just choosing Charlotte to replace her. All it would have taken was one promo with Alexa visiting SmackDown to inform their women that shit just got real.

That way, you keep the Ronda-Charlotte match in your back pocket for later rather than blowing it with no build, and you also get to gauge the reception to any interaction they have and tease a future match between the two.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

At one point, the entire concept of "pro-wrestling royalty" should really been questioned. This struck me during the Shaul Guerrero segment at Ultima Lucha (which was very fun, don't get me wrong, but Striker talking about her being "pro-wrestling royalty" really made me think about the whole thing). There's this very bizarre notion in pro-wrestling that if your family has been in the business before, you automatically get respected (well, unless you're Erik Watts) because of some really twisted feeling of "wrestling dynasty". Who the fuck cares about who you parents or brothers/sisters are ? 

To be fair, its a thing in non-scripted sports, other avenues and forms of scripted entertainment, and even more important things like politics and high profile corporate industries.  

Its usually doesn’t get treated with the vitriol you have for it unless its clear the newbie relative is one of those “born on third base, but acts like they’ve hit a triple” types.

To use the non-scripted sports examples, its always turned into a thing by the team’s PR staff and local media (to certain extent anyway) where a relative joins an orgainzation that his or her parent (even grandparent), sibling, niece/uncle, or cousin (no matter how remote) played for in the past.

You might find it disturbing, but its hardly isolated to the over the top hyperbole world of pro-wrestling. 

That was Nia's biggest fuck up, and honestly one of the worst ones I've seen. Nothing about that indicates she was even trying a worked punch. It's even worse than her other botches because those at least could be seen as her trying to rush things or being out of position, which isn't rare, even for more experienced wrestlers.

I like her as a wrestler and I do think she could offer many great things, but considering her track record and her allegedly bad image backstage... not good. May be one of the worst cases of bloodline-induced entitlement.

on WOR Dave said Bryan turning was Bryan's idea.  Hinting that he was pitching it the last while because he hated the way he was being booked as a face in the Miz feud.  Vince decided over the weekend that the title would change Tuesday but the heel turn was scheduled for down the line.  Then they decided to speed up the turn yesterday to get maximum impact

I can take some solace in being vindicated when I said that Nia was a stupid clumsy oaf who can't do anything right. Also, I love it when people imagine the "b-but [actual good wrestler] injured people too" argument to be an epic gotcha when it actually reinforces the point it's supposed to be arguing against. If you can't have good matches, you at least need to be able to protect whoever you're in the ring with. Ideally you want someone to do both, but you have to do at least one. If they absolutely have to keep Nia around, make her an 80s WWF monster heel and have her do nothing but bearhugs and nerve holds.

As for the Bryan heel turn, it doesn't bother me because he's an awesome heel and nothing matters anyway. Still, imagine what the reaction would have been if eight months ago you predicted that WWE would manage to cool him off to the point where they'd have to turn him before the end of the year to keep him in the mix as a top guy.