Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/12-11/18 STONE COLD BECKY LYNCH

sek69

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch 3:16 everything that's right with the wrestling world right now. A believable cutting edge character in a sea of geeks and losers. While in the grand scheme of things of things to get annoyed at it's relatively insignificant, the yearly trope of grown adults bickering over who a team captain is like they are still at school is fairly tiresome. 

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Becky Lynch is the man.

Thank fuck there's something to look forward to. Survivor Series is going to bang SO HARD.

For real, the card is sneakily really good. AJ had one of Brock's best matches last year, Becky/Ronda should be a blast, AoP/Bar is going really under the radar but should be awesome, and I'm always a sucker for the elimination matches. Plus Ali/Murphy! Genuinely looking forward to the PPV

I haven't really been paying attention to anything since, like, April, but I've been checking out some clips of Becky the last few weeks and she seems to be fairly killing it right now. That last night was pretty tremendous. If I don't want the full Survivor Series card I'll at least make an effort to watch Becky/Rousey. They seem to have something really cool on their hands with Becky right now either way. 

1 hour ago, NotJayTabb said:

For real, the card is sneakily really good. AJ had one of Brock's best matches last year, Becky/Ronda should be a blast, AoP/Bar is going really under the radar but should be awesome, and I'm always a sucker for the elimination matches. Plus Ali/Murphy! Genuinely looking forward to the PPV

Oh yeah, the show looks like it will rock. Almost every match looks enjoyable in some way

3 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

AoP/Bar is going to rock. Akam and Rezar always show up on big matches and Sheamus/Cesaro are both fantastic. That plus some obvious Big Show involvement = $$$

The "downside" to Becky Lynch being The Man and the greatest wrestler alive in 2018, dethroning LA Park, is that maybe she's too fucking good at that role. Like, the contrasting shots of her with a bloody nose saying "this is my yard" and of Ronda looking like the upset Miz hater just showed that, despite being really fucking good, Rousey looks very uncool.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

AoP/Bar is going to rock. Akam and Rezar always show up on big matches and Sheamus/Cesaro are both fantastic. That plus some obvious Big Show involvement = $$$

The "downside" to Becky Lynch being The Man and the greatest wrestler alive in 2018, dethroning LA Park, is that maybe she's too fucking good at that role. Like, the contrasting shots of her with a bloody nose saying "this is my yard" and of Ronda looking like the upset Miz hater just showed that, despite being really fucking good, Rousey looks very uncool.

Rousey's facial expressions aren't great, but I wouldn't say she looked "uncool" during that segment. In fact, when her music kicked on and she came to save the day, there was a portion of the crowd that popped huge for it (and it did further establish her as a bad-ass). Unfortunately, she has been positioned to be the babyface hero who runs down and cleans house the way Hogan or Austin or Taker or Sting or The Rock would've been in their primes except she's been a professional wrestler for less than a year. She actually kinda erred on the side of still selling her damaged arm when, really, most times, the babyface hero might sell it for a little as they come down the aisle but then immediately stop selling (so that they can deliver their offense as impactful as possible). 

I'm really hoping they don't drop the ball on Becky Lynch. She is as ready to be a household name as any wrestler of the past decade.

Still, it's the 3rd woman Nia has injured in roughly a year. First, Bayley with her separated shoulder last year and at Evolution, she gave Zelina Vega a concussion while gorilla pressing her outside the ring. And now, Becky. We could say that there's no big deal to be made out of Bayley & Zelina's injuries but Becky vs Ronda was legitimately the most hyped match of all the Survivor Series card and there's now a chance that the match is off altogether because of Nia's clumsiness. Look, I got all the respect in the world for every wrestler stepping inside a ring but at some point, some stuff needs to be said, regardless if someone's feathers will be ruffled.

11 hours ago, TonyPulis'Cap said:

Lynch 3:16 everything that's right with the wrestling world right now. A believable cutting edge character in a sea of geeks and losers.

I just hope we never see the narrative getting pushed anywhere that the reason Becky Lynch is so hot right now is because she's made some sort of improvement recently.  She hasn't improved, she's pretty much been this good for ages now, they've just never gave her a damn chance until recently.  They finally gave her the damn ball, and what do you know - she ran with it. I'd love to think this might make them take a second look at other people on the roster (men and women) who they've been sitting on, and help them decide to give other people a chance, but I doubt it.  Hell, I keep waiting for them to yank the rug out from underneath poor Becky again...they've done it to her and so many others so many times in the past.

10 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

You're not wrong about the quality of the card, but I can't look forward to this show.  The card is a classic case of looks being deceiving.  It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that AJ is getting fed to Lesnar - again. (You have to keep your part timer strong, after all.) I agree AoP/Bar should rule, but I have no confidence in WWE giving them the time they deserve. Raw this week amply illustrated how they view the Tag Division as an afterthought, when one guy took out the entire division for no real reason.  Besides, you have to save lots of time on this show for the Shane vs. Steph angle that nobody gives a crap about. And I have no doubt Ali/Murphy gets shunted to the pre-show and pretty much ignored.  In my humble opinion, the only match which has potential to steal the show is Becky and Ronda, but now rumor has it that might be scrapped.  This company has burned me one too many times over the past few years for me to get interested in one of their Pay Per Views, regardless of how good the card looks on paper. I keep in mind the total shit-show that was the Main Event of Hell in the Cell.  That's the kind of mess I expect from them now.

That's horrible timing. Becky's the hottest act on the roster right now and because of Nia Jax's clumsiness, we're robbed of the most interesting match on the card. I guess that Ronda will fill in for someone on the RAW Women's Survivor Series team. Preferrably Nia but I think they're gonna take Nattie out instead.

I do find it funny that the people screaming about how reckless Nia is (which is true) and that she should go back to developmental (which is also probably true) was also on the "Hey accident happen all the time" phase for Brie Bella.  

Good thing for the Takeover show is this weekend because Becky vs Ronda was the only intriguing match for me on the show

I am more worried about what they will do with Rousey.  I can see them hotshotting right to Charlotte