Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling fans may have been exposed to HIV or Hepatitis C at an "extreme" indie wrestling show

C.S.

You can read the full details above. Basically, fans may have been exposed to blood at an "extreme" indie wrestling event, which featured a "Fans Bring the Weapons" match, a thumbtack match, and a "Panes of Glass" match. The Health Department of Floyd County, Indiana is encouraging everyone to get tested for Hepatitis C and HIV.

The promoter responded on Facebook:

WOW!

This really calls for the CM Punk "Yeah. Ok, pal" gif.

giphy.gif

I will admit to not being familiar with this wrestling organization or promoter, but it sounds like he's full of shit to me.

First of all, do most indies regularly test guys? I doubt it. Secondly, this was their "re-debut" show, so when exactly would these guys have been tested if they haven't been around for a while.

I hope everyone is fine, but I'm not buying this promoter's BS for a second.

If even one person was infected because of his shit show, I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison for murder. 

13 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Oh boy, Cornette is going to have a fucking field day with this.

Because there were no Hep-C positive wrestlers doing some heavy blading in the 80ies?

EDIT: Okay, there were apparently no Hep-C tests until the late 80ies, so replace the "80ies" above by "90ies".

I said this elsewhere, since the original articles dont state that this is based on a specific diagnosis, and just a general advisory that anyone "exposed to blood" should be tested, this may literally just be as simple as a concerned citizen sending photos of bloody wrestlers to the health department and them issuing an advisory.

Technically, such an advisory would apply to anyone sitting in the front row for Cody vs Dustin with how much blood was shed during that one. 

20 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

I said this elsewhere, since the original articles dont state that this is based on a specific diagnosis, and just a general advisory that anyone "exposed to blood" should be tested, this may literally just be as simple as a concerned citizen sending photos of bloody wrestlers to the health department and them issuing an advisory.

Technically, such an advisory would apply to anyone sitting in the front row for Cody vs Dustin with how much blood was shed during that one. 

Right.  I live in the area of this show.  A good friend of mine reported on this for local tv.  I had asked him if this alert was sent out because it was known that someone in one of the matches had tested positive for something.  He said that the health department said no.  It's basically what you describe there. Just some concern.

21 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Does the state that show was run in have a commission? I know in MS and AL there is one and you gotta take a blood test at least once a year. In AL every show has to have a doctor at the show. And the wrestlers gotta pass a physical before they can wrestle.

Indiana doesn't have an athletic commission.  That's why IWA Mid South started running over here when they got banned in Kentucky.