Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
goodhelmet

AEW Fight For The Fallen

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Confession: Lucha Bros do nothing for me. :(

What am I missing?

You have never seen them live in Arena Mexico. After their performance at last year's Anniversario, I can't be objective. They're my favorite tag team right now. 

With that said, this was my least favorite Lucha Bros match in AEW. I blame SCU. 

3 minutes ago, Childs said:

Big picture, this show has not really held my interest. Hoping the main event sends us out on a high note. 

I have enjoyed individual performances but not entire matches so far. 

This is okay, but the crowd wants spots, not matches. Or maybe being outdoors in July in Florida is wearing them out? 

Also - if we could get rid of the "A-E-dub" chants that would be great.

In a company that wants to stress the importance of wins and losses, I just can't buy for a second that Kenny is going to lose here.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

In a company that wants to stress the importance of wins and losses, I just can't buy for a second that Kenny is going to lose here.

And that's the problem with this match. Because it's such a foregone conclusion, I have a harder time getting into it. But if CIMA did win, that would be dumb as hell too. This really feels like bad timing.

Also I'm having a moment here realizing I used to play as CIMA in Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on my N64.

Just now, C.S. said:

And that's the problem with this match. Because it's such a foregone conclusion, I have a harder time getting into it. But if CIMA did win, that would be dumb as hell too. This really feels like bad timing.

It's not just this match. I have not been surprised at a finish the entire night. I'm not saying they have to go full Russo in booking, but there's just not much drama in a lot of this.

1 minute ago, Kevin Ridge said:

Did you spam meteorites? 

IIRC it was all about the frog splash in that game.

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Plus they're working it like a super epic when it should just be a good TV match. The overwrought announcing didn't help either.

The amphitheater must be hot as hell for the live crowd, but it looks really cool on TV. 

Whoever had the idea to run an open air ampitheater in the middle of July in fucking Jacksonville, Florida, should probably not book venues anymore. It does look cool, but it would look just as cool in October or November where it might be reasonable heat-wise.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Ridge said:

Ross seems to have moments of letting it slip how he thinks the current generation is doing to much in ring.  

ekEXxRy.gif