Pro Wrestling Only

Chris, Nancy, & Daniel Benoit found dead

Bix

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I thought Bill DeMott’s passion on his recent TV news appearances were moving." -- Jim Ross in his latest blog entry

What a vile human being he is.

It will be interesting to see how many roundabout ways Jim Ross can find to call Debra Marshall a cunt in the foreseeable future.

More wacky JR quotes:

"It's impossible. You can't reconcile it,” Ross said. "You can't figure out what a guy that is one of the leaders, and a guy that would step up and help correct young wrestlers would do that. He would sit down with them and say 'Look, here's what you're doing wrong and here's the perception that you got to get over. You can't do this. This is locker room protocol.'"

"We're all trying to get over our broken hearts,” Ross said. "That's something maybe not all of us will be able to accomplish.”

More wacky JR quotes:

"It's impossible. You can't reconcile it,” Ross said. "You can't figure out what a guy that is one of the leaders, and a guy that would step up and help correct young wrestlers would do that. He would sit down with them and say 'Look, here's what you're doing wrong and here's the perception that you got to get over. You can't do this. This is locker room protocol.'"

"We're all trying to get over our broken hearts,” Ross said. "That's something maybe not all of us will be able to accomplish.”

What's odd about the quote? Am I missing something?

Yes. He's trying to argue that he didn't fit the profile of a murderer because he followed the moral code in the WWE locker room. It's ridiculous.

The second quote about broken hearts was basically telling people to shut up and stop talking about it so WWE can get back to normal.

JR is a snide, ugly person.

Yes. He's trying to argue that he didn't fit the profile of a murderer because he followed the moral code in the WWE locker room. It's ridiculous.

The second quote about broken hearts was basically telling people to shut up and stop talking about it so WWE can get back to normal.

JR is a snide, ugly person.

Honestly I think you're reading too much into it. Those within WWE who worked with Benoit thought they had a good idea of who he was. The murder/suicide shattered that image, because I doubt any of them thought he was that kind of person. It's a common reaction.

Guest Some Guy

I doubt that "MJ" is Mickey James, unless someone she worked with set her up with him. *cough*RAVEN*cough*

Potential other "MJ" wrestlers include Marty Jannety, Mark Jindrak, and Jacqueline Moore (Jackie), with my money being on Marty Jannetty.

Considering Jannetty hasn't had a contract in, uh, decades, could he afford it? I think Jindrak still lives in Atlanta, he's probably the best bet.

On the other hand, the Mickie James theory brings up an important point: just because someone doesn't look like they're on the gas doesn't mean they're not on the gas. The "divas" have the same problems with retaining muscle mass and healing injuries that the men do. As long as they're not taking supplements at an East German Female Olympian level, it wouldn't be that obvious. (Didya ever wonder why a lot of the divas look rather, well, mannish?)

Also, New Jack did an interview recently where he admitted taking steroids, which somewhat furthers my point. He certainly didn't look like a muscleman. If someone like Viscera, or Spike Dudley, or Stacey Keibler was on the juice, most people would never know.

Tammy Sytch has admitted to have been on tons of roids when she was smoking hot back in 95-97. It's harder for woman to ge into that type of shape than it is for men. I would be willing to bet that several of the WE Divas are juiced up. I don't think that means that Mickie James is the "MJ" mentioned in the story, though.

Spike Dudley, likely did get on the juice during his Cruiserweight title reign. Piper, who was never a bodybuilder has admitted to steroid use and so has HTM.

Guest teke184

I wasn't denying the possibility that Mickie could be juicing as much as the fact that someone working for the WWE and TNA rather than WCW would be less likely to know of this particular Dr. Feelgood.

That's why I mentioned some of the ex-WCW people she worked with, such as Raven, as they'd be likely to know of Atlanta-area Dr. Feelgoods from their WCW days.

Tammy Sytch has admitted to have been on tons of roids when she was smoking hot back in 95-97. It's harder for woman to ge into that type of shape than it is for men. I would be willing to bet that several of the WE Divas are juiced up. I don't think that means that Mickie James is the "MJ" mentioned in the story, though.

Spike Dudley, likely did get on the juice during his Cruiserweight title reign. Piper, who was never a bodybuilder has admitted to steroid use and so has HTM.

Yeah, I mean, for crying out loud, THE SANDMAN has been on the gas. People would be amazed at the dudes who have been on the gas, and there's probably at least one or two dudes in WWE on the gas that would really surprise some people.

Yeah, I mean, for crying out loud, THE SANDMAN has been on the gas. People would be amazed at the dudes who have been on the gas, and there's probably at least one or two dudes in WWE on the gas that would really surprise some people.

Viscera? Hornswoggle? Surely Todd Grisham can't be on the roids.

Ok just finished reading through Tawny Kittaen's prescription list...and I may be misidentifying a bunch of things but most distrurbing thing is that it looks like almost a third of it appears to be for Herpes and yeast infection. I don't know if you can actually abuse those meds.

Somehow I expected this to be a list where a crazy woman was abusing huge amounts of ambien/vicodin coctails. About two thirds of it is that. Its the final third that is actually scary.

http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.p...st&p=737542

Don't know if this qualifies as ACTUAL NEWS or not, but Meltzer says on Alvarez's newest podcast that he (Meltzer) was told that the incident was murder-suicide at 6pm Eastern, and that his source heard it from within WWE. I can't recall the exact quote, but it's something along the lines of most of the wrestlers didn't know, but people at the top of WWE absolutely knew because he heard it from them. More or less exact quotes, though I may have failed to include a y'know or um without realizing it--I kind of screen those out mentally.

"The worst thing that ever happened to me is that I got called two hours before that show starts and I'm told what happened. And it really bothers me cause y'know they're saying they didn't know until 10:30, and they're the frickin' source."

"[t]he guy making the call had to know by 5 or 6:00, HAD to, there's no way he couldn't have...no one from the company called me, they called someone who then called me."

"I believe almost everybody didn't know. I think none of the wrestlers knew, I think that a couple wrestlers sort of may've figured it out..."

"I know some higher-up people who SWEAR to me that they didn't know until 10:30, 11:00 that night and I believe 'em."

"I'm sure they didn't tell anyone. I believe the announcers didn't know, I believe the wrestlers didn't know...virtually nobody knew. But there's 3 or four or five top people in that company, and they knew."

"How could [Vince] not [know]? *I* knew. And I knew from someone in that company, who didn't say...it wasn't like "what if?"....I immediately said 'Well, this isn't true', and I didn't think about it for five more hours. But the point is, the person who told me, who also didn't believe it by the way, told me this is what happened. He killed Nancy, he killed Daniel."

Not gonna try to transcribe anything else, sorry. But the point they arrive at is that they can believe that Vince heard the story and rejected it as Meltzer himself did, but SOMEBODY in the top of the company (a) heard the story by 6pm Eastern and (B) believed it strongly enough to pass along as fact.

Dave Meltzer also posted about this on the WrestlingClassics.com message board:

Just checking in.

Although it will be denied until the end of time, WWE was aware that Chris most likely killed Daniel and Nancy well before 6:15 p.m. Eastern time.

They will deny it. But how was I told at that time by someone, who got the info from one of the top people at WWE at 3:15 p.m. Pacific time.

Maybe they were in disbelief, but I can't say that either. I was in disbelief when told the news and didn't accept it until midway through Raw when it became apparent. But the person who repeated it knew full well and believed it. It wasn't said as a maybe, it was said as, this is what the company was told.

Keep in mind many people have denied this within the company, but that fails to explain how I was told the explanation at 3:15 p.m.

I believe the wrestlers didn't know. I believe the wrestlers believe Vince didn't know.

I believe everyone was in a state of shock and won't knock them for doing what they did.

But the key person had to know 2 hours, if not significantly more, before that show started.

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/07/08/jr...hin-liger-droz/

We also received an comment from an individual named Donnie who did not appreciate my comments about me questioning “Chyna’s credibility” on some of the news programs “Chyna” appeared on in recent weeks. For the record Donnie, Chyna was not fired from the WWE but chose for personal reasons to not resign with the WWE. I know this in detail, as I was the one who spent hours speaking with her on multiple days about her issues that were of a personal nature, but also of a contractual and professional nature. I personally felt like Chyna’s comments were all over the road, at times incoherent, and generally challenging to listen to. That’s my opinion on a website that bares my name and that I personally fund. Also, Donnie, I did not think that Debra Marshall came off so brilliantly either, if you must know. Her saying, “How would you like it if a 500 pound man put his knee in your back?” was a little ridiculous wouldn’t you say, as last I looked Steve Austin has never weighed anywhere close to 500 pounds. Plus, on any domestic abuse case there are two sides to every story, but at no time, I repeat, at no time should a man raise his hand to a woman for any reason. It is wrong to do so and cannot be justified or condoned. Debra’s story is her opinion, of which I am sure at some point she will profit from, of which she has the right to express, but in my opinion she vastly overstated many facts. She made it sound as if virtually every wrestler abused his wife, which I find preposterous. Plus, Donnie, the WWE created and owned the name of “Chyna” and retained the rights of the property they created when she left the company. The performer did not create the stage name nor did she own the rights to such. It’s obvious that you are a Chyna fan, which is fine and admirable, but your emotional investment to the character may be clouding your judgment when it comes to basic business logic. I wish zero ill will on Chyna or anyone else, but one can’t “let the facts get in the way of a good story” and because I was there, unlike you, I think I know what occurred better than most whose information essentially comes from tabloids and internet gossip.

Jim Ross pretending to not understand proportions, geez.

Debra’s story is her opinion, of which I am sure at some point she will profit from.

Cause, you know, WWE would never attempt to profit from tragedy or personal issues (like having them be discussed in books, which is what I assumed he was referring to, a potential book deal).

Jesus, JR is rapidly moving up the all time douchebag list.

It's all very ironic. For years, the pro wrestling lifestyle has led to a multitude of deaths that are pretty much attributed to the demands and stress of the wrestling business and life on the road. These deaths are totally different. While I do think you can say the demands and stress of wrestling are complicit in what happened here, it's really an indirect effect, and there are plenty of other factors. Yet it's this particular case, the one that wasn't a classic drug overdose or enlarged heart, that is likely to cause the most long-term damage to wrestling.

I've read many things from many fans upset about WWE being treated unfairly in this case, and there is some truth to that. But honestly, how many times have they been lucky to avoid a much-deserved media frenzy in the past? I love wrestling and hardly want it to die or anything, but it's far more important that the cause of so many wrestlers dying young is pinpointed and that steps are taken to avoid it continuing to happen than it is that the business continues to survive and prosper.

It's important to look at the big picture. Yes, these murders are most likely not because of roid rage. But this is the breaking point, and this wrestling death was under such horrid circumstances and claimed the life of a small child. It would have been a national news story even if no celebrities were involved. This was the final straw for the mainstream media ignoring wrestling, so when they talk about steroids, look at it as the media discussing the larger problems in wrestling, instead of just the media trying to make sense of this one individual case. Wrestling has managed to avoid being accountable for decades and that avoidance appears to be ending, at least for now.

And those who say they will choose to remember Benoit for what he did up until the last two days of his life make me ill. What he did in those last two days had more impact and was far more significant than anything he could have possibly accomplished in the lifetime preceding it.

And those who say they will choose to remember Benoit for what he did up until the last two days of his life make me ill. What he did in those last two days had more impact and was far more significant than anything he could have possibly accomplished in the lifetime preceding it.

So Regal makes you Ill? That mean I can't like his matches anymore? That said, I agree with you.