Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Summerslam 2019

Jmare007

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Boss Rock said:

I think Big Show and Angle each beat him 2-3 times during his first run.

Nah Big Show beat Brock once at Survivor Series 2002, Brock won all the other matches. Kurt also beat Brock at Summerslam 2003 but lost at Wrestlemania and the iron match match on Smackdown afterwards.

But if you want to be really technical, Kurt has two pinfall wins over Brock actually because he once beat him in Inoki's promotion. So there you go

2 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

This thread actually has fewer replies than the Takeover thread did when that show went off the air. That's pretty astounding.

So that means there was nothing to complain or rave about? (I missed the show.) With Takeover we had the endless main event to bitch over. 

This 24/7 show about Kofi going to Ghana/his career in WWE is tremendous. I don't know if WWE realizes they produced a show where one of the most popular and longest lasting acts of the last decade or so (the New Day) is talking about how their gimmick sucked when they were doing what Vince wanted, and got successful when they started letting them do what they want.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

This 24/7 show about Kofi going to Ghana/his career in WWE is tremendous. I don't know if WWE realizes they produced a show where one of the most popular and longest lasting acts of the last decade or so (the New Day) is talking about how their gimmick sucked when they were doing what Vince wanted, and got successful when they started letting them do what they want.

Wasn't Xavier the one who told this story that he made a bet with Vince? He asked for three months with creative freedom at the start of New Day's tenure as a stable, and if he couldn't get them over in that time, he would be let go. Vince liked the bet and let him do his thing, and well...

17 minutes ago, Kadaveri said:

Nah Big Show beat Brock once at Survivor Series 2002, Brock won all the other matches. Kurt also beat Brock at Summerslam 2003 but lost at Wrestlemania and the iron match match on Smackdown afterwards.

But if you want to be really technical, Kurt has two pinfall wins over Brock actually because he once beat him in Inoki's promotion. So there you go

It was a triple-threat match, but Kurt pinned Brock at Vengeance 2003. Show also pinned Brock in a 3-on-1 handicap match with the World's Greatest tag team. But as far as singles matches go, you are correct haha.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Wasn't Xavier the one who told this story that he made a bet with Vince? He asked for three months with creative freedom at the start of New Day's tenure as a stable, and if he couldn't get them over in that time, he would be let go. Vince liked the bet and let him do his thing, and well...

I remember that story. Vince was also convinced New Day were going to get over as huge babyfaces with their initial gimmick and was supposedly devastated when they flopped.

13 minutes ago, Boss Rock said:

It was a triple-threat match, but Kurt pinned Brock at Vengeance 2003. Show also pinned Brock in a 3-on-1 handicap match with the World's Greatest tag team. But as far as singles matches go, you are correct haha.

Kurt also pinned Brock on the Smackdown before WM19 where Eric Angle dressed as Kurt, and then Kurt snuck in and got the pin.  I remember at the time online a lot of folks thought they were doing the switch to Brock on TV because Kurt was too injured to compete in a real WM match.  Instead they pulled a great swerve!

Big Show also pinned Brock when he teamed with the FBI against Lesnar and Undertaker on Smackdown as well.