Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Summerslam 2019

Jmare007

Probably wont watch but wanted to comment that after a decade, a WWE PPV will be TV-14, rumor is of course they are planning on doing violent stuff and blood.

I guess Seth gets Orton'd by Brock?

Full Card:

Universal Championship Match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Raw Women’s Championship Match
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Natalya

WWE Championship Match
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton

Trish Stratus vs. Charlotte Flair

SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
Bayley (c) vs. Ember Moon

Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon — If Owens loses, he will quit WWE

Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler

United States Championship Match
AJ Styles (c) vs. Ricochet

Finn Bálor vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
Drew Gulak (c) vs. Oney Lorcan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is this isn't the worst looking card on paper, but I can't remember the last time a Big Four PPV had such little hype. 

16 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Probably wont watch but wanted to comment that after a decade, a WWE PPV will be TV-14, rumor is of course they are planning on doing violent stuff and blood.

lol WWE never gonna stop WWE'ing ....they're too sophisticated for blood n' guts right?

The problem is they really need to do something diabolical with the Fiend to really distinguish him not only from his Mr. Rogers alter ego but also from his previous gimmick.  When WWE tries to do stuff like that we get worms projected on the canvas at Wrestlemania. 

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The problem is they really need to do something diabolical with the Fiend to really distinguish him not only from his Mr. Rogers alter ego but also from his previous gimmick.  When WWE tries to do stuff like that we get worms projected on the canvas at Wrestlemania. 

Agreed, so far haven't seen a thing different. Just Bray doing the same 'start a feud by randomly attacking someone after the lights go out' stuff he's been doing for years and years like the feuds with Ambrose, Roman, etc. Only now he's wearing a mask so it's been generally praised more.

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

The presentation is overall better, to be fair. The lights, the sound effects, the distortion... it is something more intimidating and more effective than "cult leader who says cryptic shit". At the same time, it is also quite simple. 

It is better so far, but you're never going to get that next step in the sanitized world of WWE.  It's hard to be a scary character when you know the company won't actually go to that next level. It's like a PG rated horror film, no matter how good all the pieces are it has a lot working against it. 

I read a Youtube comment, of all things, that had the awesome idea of Bray coming out in his Mr Rodgers gear, the week after attacking Finn, to save him and doing a split personality gimmick. Now that hasn't happened, I'm way less excited about the whole thing.

Also, imagine if you were in a coma for a year and you woke up to Summerslam having a random Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler match for very little reason.

Universal Championship Match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

This will be interesting to see how they book it & what story they go for. Hoping that Brock retains because Seth is painfully boring. I still enjoy Brock. At least he still has a superstar aura about him, something that Seth has never had.

Raw Women’s Championship Match
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Natalya

Don't care. Expect it to be sloppy. Hopefully the Toronto crowd will at least give Nattie a nice pop.

WWE Championship Match
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton

I've already seen this match like five or six times. Don't expect to see anything new. Tired of the Kofi title reign but another Orton reign isn't the answer.

Trish Stratus vs. Charlotte Flair

Trish was never great, despite what some internet revisionist history would like people to believe (same with Lita). Charlotte is pretty good though. I hope this is just Trish coming back to give some rub to Charlotte so they can start pushing/using Charlotte again. I predict Trish will be moving in slow motion.

SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
Bayley (c) vs. Ember Moon

Will suck. Ember Moon is not good. Bayley is not charismatic.

Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon — If Owens loses, he will quit WWE

Will suck. Shane sucks. Maybe they'll do some crazy stupid bump or something but after Gargano/Cole last night... I'm not sure it would matter.

Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler

Hope Goldberg kills him in 20 seconds. Dolph sucks. At least Goldberg still has a presence & intensity to him. Dolph brings less than nothing to the table. Not sure why this match is even happening but whatever.

United States Championship Match
AJ Styles (c) vs. Ricochet

This could be pretty good if they reign in the flips.

Finn Bálor vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt

I heard Finn is taking some time off? And the new Bray character needs to be built up, so I assume Bray wins. Finn isn't going to be The Demon, right? Because they need to protect that.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
Drew Gulak (c) vs. Oney Lorcan

Good chance this is the best match on the card. Drew Gulak is really good. 

Like a five hour card with very few matches that I feel anyone will even care about. It's crazy to me that the biggest stars on the show are Brock Lesnar & Goldberg. No Roman Reigns. No Daniel Bryan. WWE really needs to focus on making some new stars & stop worrying about people potentially leaving or making The Brand the star. That shit doesn't work. 

No one has really cared about Natalya Neidhart in a decade, so why is this match tonight happening? It seems so random. There's three women's matches tonight & they just feel all over the place & slapped together without any rhyme or reason. Ember Moon is getting a title shot. Nattie is getting a title shot. Trish it out of retirement. 

Talk about throwing shit against the wall.

They're really missing Ronda, huh?

11 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

Who is the guy in the neon green shirt and tan hat?

Front row, same seat, every PPV, every TakeOver.... If he's just a super fan, he must be loaded.

He's been at every show since like 2013. Maybe before. The guy with the neon green smiley face shirt. The long haired fan and his mom were always regulars too although he changed his look a bit with a goatee.