Pro Wrestling Only

WWE 24/7 July-September 2007 Thread

Loss

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably just conspiracy theorizing, but how often does Randy Savage show up in the Shorties section? I know he's on all the old complete shows that they air, but how often do they specifically cherry-pick something which features the Macho Man and put it on 24/7?

Probably just conspiracy theorizing, but how often does Randy Savage show up in the Shorties section? I know he's on all the old complete shows that they air, but how often do they specifically cherry-pick something which features the Macho Man and put it on 24/7?

He's on 24-7 a lot. They showed an old Coliseum Video of him and Elizabeth recently.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess WWE is still trying to find a balance with showing Benoit on 24/7, they still edit out his matches but if he's standing in the background during a Horseman promo on Nitro they leave it in. However I noticed on the new episode up that when Mean (by God) Gene introduced them there was an obvious edit to remove Benoit's name. What's funny is that the quality of the edit drew more attention than leaving it in probably would have.

• 1 month later...

Man, the Flair promos they are putting up this month are just gold. Not only do they go in the vaults for some early 80s Mid Atlantic/Florida/WCCW stuff, they also managed to include the promo from the famous "I can't help it" YouTube video, which is pretty much the perfect Ric Flair promo of all time IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

So the latest episode of RAW is the Brian Pillman Tribute show, and man does it show how much times have changed.

It starts with the announcement of Pillman's death and the 10 bell salute, and the very next segment is the infamous HBK/HHH skit that gave birth to the Degeneration X name. It then leads into Jim Cornette doing a shoot promo on WCW and the nWo, and of course the Melanie Pillman interview which is still the most uncomfortable TV moment ever.

They of course would learn through experience to devote the whole show to the guy who died.

Also it's kind of creepy that the show is in Kemper Arena and seeing Owen on stage as part of the Pillman tribute.

Guest PhilTLL

IIRC the Race HOF aired previously, but this time in the matches section the have Race as NWA champ vs. klondike Bill from 1973 Stampede TV. I don't recall this airing last time...am I wrong (on both counts?)

Nope. And the Kerry match was different, too, this time from the 6/82 Texas Stadium "Fritz retirement" show, and not 2/81 at Reunion. It's also much, much better than the 2/81 match, with a really hot crowd, some good ol violence, and a ton of hot nearfalls. A crowd that wouldn't half-fill Reunion, by the way, sitting in the cavernous expanse of an NFL stadium. Eek. Unfortunately, I should hit backspace on this whole post, since the match just got taken off the menu today. Sorry...

They of course would learn through experience to devote the whole show to the guy who died.

I would imagine part of the reason Pillman didn't have the whole show dedicated to him is that he wasn't as big a star as Eddie or Benoit and didn't die in such a newsworthy manner as Owen did.

They'd say it wasn't their fault.

Well played.

But seriously, I'd say he'd get the opening graphic, a ten bell salute and then the show would go on as normal.

I'd say he would get a little more than that because he has been a WWE regular for some time now, but I don't hink he would get the full show.

There would probably be a baby-punt somewhere on the show as a tribute of sorts, to which 90% of the interwebs would have a conniption fit. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Cena: This is obviously a hot topic and definitely one that everyone treads on thin ice with. As soon as they hear the word “steroids” or “performance-enhancing drugs,” they turn their nose up. I saw the film. I thought you did a really, really good job of hitting it from both sides – both the negative and the never-discussed positives. There was a case of a guy with HIV who was down to 12 red blood cells or white blood cells, and steroids pretty much saved his life. Why do you think all of the publicity on anabolic steroids and performance-enhancing drugs is usually so negative?

Come the fuck on, steroids fight HIV now? Someone really needs to tell Cena that the "golly, if only people knew the good side of steroids" gimmick isn't working.

Cena: This is obviously a hot topic and definitely one that everyone treads on thin ice with. As soon as they hear the word “steroids” or “performance-enhancing drugs,” they turn their nose up. I saw the film. I thought you did a really, really good job of hitting it from both sides – both the negative and the never-discussed positives. There was a case of a guy with HIV who was down to 12 red blood cells or white blood cells, and steroids pretty much saved his life. Why do you think all of the publicity on anabolic steroids and performance-enhancing drugs is usually so negative?

Come the fuck on, steroids fight HIV now? Someone really needs to tell Cena that the "golly, if only people knew the good side of steroids" gimmick isn't working.

You seen the movie right?

Bell: There’s more on the Olympic drug testing that shows you that you can test all you want, but there’s always ways around it. For an athlete in the Olympics, passing a test is sort of like passing a driver’s test if you’re a limo driver. There are always ways around things, and we show how those loopholes work a little bit.

I don't doubt this is true, but really it's a stupid thing to say on the WWE website. If Olympic drug testing is a joke, then what does that make WWE's Wellness policy?

Whoops, someone move the last few posts to the comments that don't warrant a thread thread.

And yes, anabolics can help with a lot of things.

Yeah I'm not doubting anabolics have some positive uses, just like I take medication with pseudophedrine to be able to breathe properly, but I don't go around saying that means there should be no restrictions on it just because I get positive benefits.

People like Cena who are college educated in this shit shouldn't go around sounding like the typical meathead that thinks it should be legal for him to mainline as many roids as possible because he knows how to cycle properly.

Obviously when you're too pro- one side or the other you lose perspective, but there's enough anecdotal and proven evidence out there to get past the whole "maaaaaaaan, people just don't understand" argument.