Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/09 - 08/09 Being so busy you can't keep up with the news is Actually Good

KawadaSmile

@SomethingSavage no sweat, bubba. I totally get what you are saying. It's true, some matches are indeed time killers, without any rhyme or reason. Lately, though, they have a reason to be - sure, Cesaro/Miz or War Machine squashes aren't exactly part of engaging storylines - and seem to be building to something, at the very least.

KOTR is a cheat, as it brings meaning to matches by default, with the simplest of stories. But there are some like Roman/Buddy or Bryan/Murphy that have a reason to be based on their own different tales. Others, like Bayley/Becky vs Bliss/Cross last night were used to enhance a storyline and was a showcase of champions.

This segment is rocking. Bayley's reaction was *chef kiss* great.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I'll be watching Smackdown on DVR as usual, but is it wrong I was hoping Bayley would be like a reverse Doink? Go from kid's character to evil version of the same gimmick. I would have popped for her terrorizing little kids at ringside.

It kind of generates some insane visuals because a 2 on 1 chair beatdown being followed by some bubbly upbeat music is hilarious

Rowan had a legit breakout moment with that final segment. That pairing with Bryan did wonders for him.

As far as the Bayley segment to open the show's concerned....I understood the motivation behind Bayley's actions but her delivery on the mic feels so weird for me. Right up until Sasha came out to brawl with Charlotte, I didn't even know if I should side with Bayley or boo her. The "holier than thou" approach can work to make someone a heel but I wasn't convinced with Bayley on this one.

6 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Clash of Champions is in Charlotte, so she'll have the crowd behind her on that night at least.

Yeah I'm just dreading the TVs leading up to it with her doing promos in the same heel cadence she's been doing with her chronic case of resting b-face.

15 hours ago, Kadaveri said:

Interesting you said this as Meltzer reported in the Observer today that Bayley's promo was "the old bullet points style and going for it" rather than scripted word-for-word like usual.

Everyone speaks better if they know what they're talking about and have some bullet points.  Even people who are really good at public speaking can do terribly when they try to recite something from memorization. You miss one word, and you're thrown off completely.  I always think of the Michael Hayes (I think) thing about how a good heel really believes what they're saying.  I think that goes for anyone cutting a promo.  First, think about the point that needs to be made.  Then, believe it.  It'll come then.  These people aren't good enough actors to be reciting scripts.

4 hours ago, Log said:

Everyone speaks better if they know what they're talking about and have some bullet points.  Even people who are really good at public speaking can do terribly when they try to recite something from memorization. You miss one word, and you're thrown off completely.  I always think of the Michael Hayes (I think) thing about how a good heel really believes what they're saying.  I think that goes for anyone cutting a promo.  First, think about the point that needs to be made.  Then, believe it.  It'll come then.  These people aren't good enough actors to be reciting scripts.

Just look at all the guys from the past who were really good promos, but struggled reciting scripts loaded with WWE verbiage.