WWE TV 10/14 - 10/20 Randy Orton is the Tom Brady of WWE

KawadaSmile

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Coffey said:

And he has won a lot of championships.

Don't think he's going down as the greatest of all-time though...

Correction: Orton was written to win a lot of championships.

Brady presumably won them legitimately (not counting the DeflateGate theories, of which I have admittedly very little knowledge of or interest in).

Truthfully, the only football I care about comes from the jokes made about the Jacksonville Jaguars on The Good Place. I'm sad that's ending, because you know they would've had amazing AEW jokes too (same owner for both). 

But if we're honest...not a dig against Mike but compared to the previous situation (Harper), what value does he really have on the indies, as opposed to Harper. Every promotion will jump on Harper once he leaves WWE while for Mike, his track record hasn't been stellar recently. So I feel like Vince wouldn't even care to let him go. I seriously doubt he'll sign with AEW.

I think Billy Corgan can see over that and use Mike anyway while Maria is away. They seem to be teasing a breakup between Nick Aldis and his valet Kamille following the first episode of Powerrr so they got some options to go. I'm with Mad Dog that Bennett would be a good fit there.

21 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I honestly think he has little to no value.

He's the drizzling shits. I've been beating that drum since he was in Ring of Honor. I beat that drum when it was announced he signed with WWE. He blocked me on Twitter from vanity searching himself & seeing my beating of that drum. Damn near killed a guy in ROH & I'll never trust a motherfucking addict, regardless of what the addict tells you.

The fact they some how got WWE to sign them to a contract in the first place, let alone re-new that shit for five years, is a miracle. Take that money because you're not getting better anywhere else.

I doubt AEW would want him. If he just had a new baby, why would he want to go to Japan? He going to go back to Impact? C'mon, man. 

Mike Kanellis can fuck off. 

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

My surprising answer: NWA. I remember that Billy Corgan and the Bennetts are close so he might give him a chance.

I actually think he'd be a good fit for the NWA. Certainly an upgrade over the Eli Drakes of the world.

Not sure Bennetts should be in plural though. There's no indication that Maria has also asked for her release. I'm guessing she hasn't, and they plan on living off her income so he can go be a "starving artist" on the independent circuit. 

AEW really has no room or use for this guy, and I hope they resist the temptation.

31 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I'll never trust a motherfucking addict, regardless of what the addict tells you.

Then I hope you don't trust The Usos (who are practically orgasmed about on PWO  - undeservedly so, I might add), Jeff Hardy, or the hundreds of other addicts in wrestling. 

At least this guy has gotten clean and seems committed to staying that way for the sake of his family.

That doesn't make him an awesome wrestler or hot free agent - he's neither, and I do think his alternative options are realistically limited - so while AEW and NJPW are probably not open to him, the NWA, Impact, and ROH likely are.

22 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that apron piledriver. Who did he do that to, I forget.

BJ Whitmer.

I didn't think it was possible, but I'm firmly on management's side here. Even if WWE agreed to release him for some unfathomable reason, who the hell would want to take in a guy who walked away from a newly signed deal after going through company-funded rehab because he didn't like how he was being booked?

8 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Then I hope you don't trust The Usos (who are practically orgasmed about on PWO  - undeservedly so, I might add), Jeff Hardy, or the hundreds of other addicts in wrestling. 

Well I don't trust my own fucking addict parents, so there ya fucking go.

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Well I don't trust my own fucking addict parents, so there ya fucking go.

Fair enough. I don't trust The Usos or Jeff Hardy either.

But I don't put Kanellis in the same category. Painkiller addiction is something else entirely. 

7 hours ago, FMKK said:

On this sporting analogy point, is Roman Reigns the Neymar of WWE?

Hell, no. Roman Reigns is way, way nicer.

Neymar is a dude who despite having all the talent in the world, is unlikeable as shit, slapping fans and throwing fits on the pitch even against chill dudes like Cavani. 

A more apt comparison would be Neymar = Low Ki.

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hell, no. Roman Reigns is way, way nicer.

Neymar is a dude who despite having all the talent in the world, is unlikeable as shit, slapping fans and throwing fits on the pitch even against chill dudes like Cavani. 

A more apt comparison would be Neymar = Low Ki.

Oh Neymar is a prick. But in about 2014/15 or so, it felt like there was a concerted marketing push to put him on the level of Messi and Ronaldo which hasn't really stuck. There were a couple of seasons where he was great at Barcelona but now he's just another player who's probably top twenty in the world but not threatening being number one. Also, famous for his work in a trio (with Messi and Suarez at Barcelona).

I feel like there are some Roman Reigns parallels there.

I kind of see what you're saying, but at the same time Reigns managed to be the star of the Shield, and has stayed consistently atop of the wrestling world and I'd argue he succeeded where Neymar couldn't.

Modric is Seth Rollins. Inexplicably pushed over more talented people, and his accolades are seen with disgust to this day. Still a very capable athlete, but not when the spotlight is on him.