Pro Wrestling Only

P2B Greatest Crockett/WCW matches

goodhelmet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/11/2020 at 10:33 PM, goodhelmet said:

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew vs. The Rock n Roll Express (7/16/86 = WCW 7/19/86)

- Classic RNR tag with both guys shining and playing FIP. However, the Andersons work Morton OVER during his FIP section really making this stand out. Awesome spot where Ole is about to come of the top rope and Gibson comes out of nowhere to hit him in the midsection on his way down. This ends in a draw and was not as good as the Starrcade cage.

NOTE: Phil Schneider and shoe called this a contender for tag match of the decade so this warrants a rewatch.

Thanks for posting all of these reviews Will!

And I was glad to see that note about Phil & Shoe's thoughts on this match, because I was blown the fuck away by this match. This and the Starrcade match are both top 10 contenders on my list and their GAB match is awesome too. I've not been in love with Arn the singles wrestler in 85/86 (compared to his peers in JCP), but that trio of tag matches really knocked my socks off. 1986 Ricky Morton just churned out great matches.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, soup23 said:

Watched Garvin vs Flair from 3/30/86 today and it was simply amazing. I think that and flair vs Steamboat will be the pairing represented most in my final list. 

I just got through Starrcade '87 on the 4H set and it really is incredible how that series rate all time.  They've got 5-6 matches all at the level of a MOTYC and are all pretty varied as well.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the Japanese TV program, World Pro Wrestling 4/26/87....go watch this now!!!!   Why does nobody ever talk about this match???

Ric Flair vs Barry WIndham (Taped February 1, 1987 Atlanta GA).  Sixty minute draw.    The last 15 1/2 minutes of this aired and it is FN incredible

PM me if you want to see it

8 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

If you have the Japanese TV program, World Pro Wrestling 4/26/87....go watch this now!!!!   Why does nobody ever talk about this match???

Ric Flair vs Barry WIndham (Taped February 1, 1987 Atlanta GA).  Sixty minute draw.    The last 15 1/2 minutes of this aired and it is FN incredible

PM me if you want to see it

Yeah this is really really great and Flair shows so many different shades of vulnerabilities and desperation down the stretch.  Even before that Windham goes between big bruiser and sympathetic bumper in the earlier moments.  Plus nasty short punches from both guys.  Flair in particular is great here.

4 hours ago, AstroBoy said:

I watched the Vader vs. Dustin Clash match yesterday and it held up better than I ever liked before.  But I was blown away by how good their Saturday Night match from fall of 92 was.  It's just about there with the Clash match for me.

Check out Vader vs Steamboat 10/16/93 Saturday Night lumberjack match for a really good Vader match outside the usual suspects. 

• 2 weeks later...

In this NoSo PodBlast, JT welcomes in Jacob Williams for a GWCW Live Watch of Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude from Beach Blast 1992. They break the match down, talk about the evolution of Rude, where the match could rank on their lists as well as what they would if they get quarantined due to the coronavirus.

Where does this match rank on your list and what's on your quarantine list? Share your thoughts with us!

https://northsouthconnection.podbean.com/e/noso-podblast-gwcw-live-watch-steamboat-vs-rude-62092/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chad is back alongside Drew Wardlaw as they count down their top 100 Greatest WCW Matches of All TIme! After catching up on their personal lives and discussing the project overall, Drew and Chad count down #100-81 of their list. Hear what match made Drew's list and was an interesting neglect for Chad. Drew and Chad discuss the role nostalgia plays in building a list like this. Overall, a ton of WCW discussion to get you funky like a monkey. 

https://northsouthconnection.podbean.com/e/carolina-dreamin-gwcw-list-reveal-part-1-100-81/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...