Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/20 - 07/26 Eye popping action

KawadaSmile

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Seriously, is there no other heel there for them to feed to Drew?

This made me realize I don't know who is there, who is staying away due to the pandemic, who is hurt or who is on which "brand."

Even if I had that information, I'm not sure anyone on the roster currently has any credibility whatsoever.

That answer will probably be a returning Brock Lesnar. WWE loves to go back to old stand-bys without ever building for the future, y'know.

7 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Six years ago this week:

That episode of Raw averaged 4.43 million viewers. Last week's episode averaged 1.56 million. They made powerful enemies when they made fun of Mark and his friend.

Holy shit. Long term consequences are a bitch... :lol:  Mark's 57 year old dad is the only one left because he was a fan of DX back in the days and still believes the bullshit about Trip being the savior of wrestling and genius of NXT...

16 hours ago, MoS said:

Seriously, is there no other heel there for them to feed to Drew? Do we need the Ziggler feud to continue despite a definitive ending which was never in doubt?

Why not have the champs be exclusive to the brands, and have the challengers work freely? I mean, who's there left? AOP are MIA, most of the tag teams are faces, and Aleister Black was written off.

Use Gable or Sheamus or whatever from SD. Drew has beaten everyone minimally relevant.

I believe @goc said it better elsewhere. How many shots at the WWE Title has Big E gotten? How many has Dolph Ziggler gotten?

Do they perceive Big E to be less worthy of a *title shot* than Dolph Ziggler? Based on what? 

The same applies when one compares how they treat Nattie and how they treat Naomi.

I mean, they seem to be having some intent of pushing more people of color nowadays - they had seven poc in one single segment, plus matches featuring Bianca, Banks et al., but they still have so much to do in a more sincere way.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

I mean, they seem to be having some intent of pushing more people of color nowadays - they had seven poc in one single segment, plus matches featuring Bianca, Banks et al., but they still have so much to do in a more sincere way.

One one hand yes, but on the other that segment reminded me of how WCW used to stick all the Mexicans to hour one of Nitro. 

Also having Steph be the one to talk about systemic racism is like a rib gone out of control. I can only hope she says she knows how POC who face racism feel because the government was racist against her dad by trying to prosecute him for steroids. Or maybe she will say WWE defeated racism by making Kofi  the champ at Wrestlemania (while not mentioning how his run ended). 

3 hours ago, Kadaveri said:

They seem really reluctant to push any male wrestlers who haven't been on TV at least 10 years. Seth Rollins is the only exception though he's not far off either. Compare how long everyone's been around on WWE TV now to 2000, it's really stark.

To me, Rusev not being a main eventer & them using him to feed to John Cena is a good summary of everything wrong with WWE. Then they fed him to Roman Reigns too. Like, if you have a dude on the roster that takes whatever you give him & gets it over, why would you not want to use him? It's just so damn perplexing & confusing. Instead, Vince McMahon wanted to break-up the real life relationship with Rusev & Lana (allegedly), actively split them on TV & was (allegedly) upset that they got married because MUH STORYLINES. 

...I dunno, man. I think wrestling is a lot better when the talent, not the initials of the promotion, is over. 

Andrade could be a top guy. Black could be a top guy. Big E. could probably be a top guy. And instead we get Randy Orton Vs. Big Show in 2020.

The other thing with Big E is he's still relatively young.  He just turned 34 a few months ago, and he's been in the company for a decade!!!!

To put that in perspective.....he's younger than Keith Lee, Karrion Kross, Damien Priest.....all of whom are being pushed as "up and comers" in NXT

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

To me, Rusev not being a main eventer & them using him to feed to John Cena is a good summary of everything wrong with WWE. Then they fed him to Roman Reigns too.

I'd argue that him being used in lenghty feuds against Cena and Roman was a good thing. Like, no one really thinks Umaga feuding with Cena harmed him, even if he lost. The issue is that they never followed through in either of those feuds. They could've solidified him at the top in any of those moments, but they never did so.

It's a shame, too. He got CRAZY OVER right after the Roman feud, IIRC.

5 hours ago, Coffey said:

Andrade could be a top guy. Black could be a top guy. Big E. could probably be a top guy. And instead we get Randy Orton Vs. Big Show in 2020.

Hey, don't diss, they are big with the 55+ demo. Those are the only people left watching WWE, basically. Which is why :

3 hours ago, cm funk said:

To put that in perspective.....he's younger than Keith Lee, Karrion Kross, Damien Priest.....all of whom are being pushed as "up and comers" in NXT

Hey don't diss, to 55 + years old people, late 30's are youngsters.

So apparently they wanted to do an updated version of the Nation of Domination but changed their minds. Who wants to see WWE do a Nation of Domination (gimmick from 1996) update in 2020 in the middle of the BLM wave ? So much promises for hilarity gone wasted... 

4 minutes ago, MoS said:

A babyface NoD spiritual successor would actually be pretty awesome and topical. Big E can be the Rocky of the stable 

Yeah, because you'd trust WWE of all people to do such an angle in the most sensitive way...

4 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I was looking forward to Gang Warz 2.0 with the Forgotten Sons and the Lucha House Party.

Bring back the HarriSS TwinSS already as bikers. With MAGATaker. And put Murphy with them. NOW we're having a feud.