Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/20 - 07/26 Eye popping action

KawadaSmile

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the obvious reasons why NOD2020 is a terrible idea......MVP as a mouthpiece and character has been a rare bright spot of the covid era......why pair Ron Simmons of all people with him?!!

It would be like AEW looking at how well Taz and Cage are doing and saying, "you know what they need.....FONZIE!!!"

Having angry NOD Farooq style Ron Simmons with MVP's crew would be workable*  (not that I'd trust WWE to do it right), but not the guy who's spent the last decade plus showing up just to say DAMN at random backstage foolishness. 

*So far MVP's group has been characterized as the Grown Ass Men seeking to put the youngin's in their place. There could be a way to make Ron Simmons work for that in the hands of someone not in a constant state of horniness for the late 90s.

4 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Speaking of racial sensitivity, remember that report of Shawn Michaels getting into an argument before In Your House with a producer who insisted there was no systemic racism in America and everyone got treated the same? I think we know who it was.

EddvWsDXsAEZhYf?format=jpg&name=medium

If only we could direct COVID to those most in need.

Road Dogg is right, the country was a lot better when stuff like this was just "good fun":

dx-nation-parody.jpg

Fuck Road Dogg. Hopefully some of the talent come out and refuse to work with him and he gets fired. I doubt his "creative genius" means more to the bottom line than what The New Day, Sasha, Bayley, and other actual talent bring to the table. 

Hum... remember the days of "Road Dog saved Smackdown, his booking is great because is an Armstrong and there's clearly some Georgia element in the booking" bullshit ? 

Yeah, and that pic up there is another reason why doing an NoD reboot would be a very very bad idea because that stuff would pop up everywhere as a reminder of the days where you got some real stars in the company, ya know... Maybe Stephy will show it during her powerpoint presentation on systemic racism in WWE.

53 minutes ago, El-P said:

Hum... remember the days of "Road Dog saved Smackdown, his booking is great because is an Armstrong and there's clearly some Georgia element in the booking" bullshit ? 

I don't think people ever said that, bubba. I recall people calling him a fake Armstrong, though :lol:

Man, NXT's presentation is FUCKED. They ran an interview segment with Gargano, Strong, and Bronson Reed. Gargano is a dork and not really engaging because you know how his matches are going to go. Strong, while great, is not really charismatic. Reed, however, takes things further. He's the THICC BOY. 

Sometimes it feels that the gimmicks and characters in NXT are reduced to hashtags one could put in instragram pictures.