Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - November 4, 2020

MoS

I firmly believe it is the kind of segment that will get dozens of extra buys for the PPV on its own. People might not have watched it live, or even the next day replay, but as Saturday comes, word of mouth will get out, people will check it out on YouTube, and it absolutely was good enough to get fencesitters to order the PPV.

Its amazing to me how uneven every episode of Dynamite is. One segment is an all time great promo. The next segment is a match that is everything wrong about modern indie wrestling. Then the next match would stand out as great in any era or any promotion. Then they follow that would a skit that is straight out of Vince Russo era WCW. Then another great promo. It goes back and forth between absolute shit and brilliance.  Anyways, beats WWE which is 3 hours of completely illogical, unwatchable nonsense.    

Something to consider: Cody is prohibited from challenging for the AEW title. However, Cody Rhodes might not be.

Please no.

Its amazing to me how uneven every episode of Dynamite is. One segment is an all time great promo. The next segment is a match that is everything wrong about modern indie wrestling. Then the next match would stand out as great in any era or any promotion. Then they follow that would a skit that is straight out of Vince Russo era WCW. Then another great promo. It goes back and forth between absolute shit and brilliance.  Anyways, beats WWE which is 3 hours of completely illogical, unwatchable nonsense

Agreed, more often than not the show has an uneven flow to it that makes it difficult to appreciate as a whole. I don't have an issue with giving these wrestlers an opportunity and letting them "play their music", they just need to be smarter with their formats so the show actually builds suspense and anticipation.

On paper, Full Gear is the best card they have put out top to bottom.

Don Callis showing up was cool, if nothing else. If not for him, AEW basically doesn't exist since he was the one pushing for that Jericho vs Omega match in NJPW I believe. Interesting that at the same time, TJP and Chris Bey, both signed with IMPACT (although TJP was a NJ regular before), have been announced for the upcoming Super J Cup. I know, means probably nothing, but still, I like the little connections between the three promotions I'm currently following.

Jericho did say Cody Rhodes once. Hey, here's something, after he loses the TNT title to Darby, hopefully, because it's time, he can sure challenge for the World Title. Not the AEW one, the NWA World Title. I mean, we have yet another NWA Women title match at Full Gear during the pre-show with Allysin Kay, and honestly with NWA not doing jackshit itself, just build a rematch between Cody & Nick Aldis already for a PPV. This was a draw for All In, it can only help everyone involved. And let's be honest, there are as much people excited with the current form or the NWA than there are excited by this new Smashing Pumpkins album...

One striking thing about AEW is how they let people get over. Eddie Kingston shows up, kills it, gets hired, gets thrown into the mix, kills it again and now he's main eventing a major PPV. Who were the odds like two years ago ? And what about John Silver ? The guy was basically a nameless jobber. Got given a part in what was then the only "miss" gimmick of AEW. Then the gimmick got much better and John Silver got over on BTE and then stole the show on BTE. Then was given some time and wins on Dark. Then gets some time on Dynamite and gets featured during Brodie Lee's last big match, and now he gets a PPV spot. All in a matter of a few months. Now, just for the sake of it, picture Eddie Kingston and John Silver signing with WWE in 2020. Yeah...

8 hours ago, El-P said:

He's actually doing the exact same thing Shane Douglas did in ECW when he basically got the TV Title over as being the "Ace" title as Cody said during his promo. Which is really smart.

Good analogy, although it's a little too meta for me that he calls it the ace title (instead of calling himself an ace or something like that).

16 hours ago, El-P said:

One striking thing about AEW is how they let people get over. Eddie Kingston shows up, kills it, gets hired, gets thrown into the mix, kills it again and now he's main eventing a major PPV. Who were the odds like two years ago ? And what about John Silver ? The guy was basically a nameless jobber. Got given a part in what was then the only "miss" gimmick of AEW. Then the gimmick got much better and John Silver got over on BTE and then stole the show on BTE. Then was given some time and wins on Dark. Then gets some time on Dynamite and gets featured during Brodie Lee's last big match, and now he gets a PPV spot. All in a matter of a few months. Now, just for the sake of it, picture Eddie Kingston and John Silver signing with WWE in 2020. Yeah...

That right there is the reason I tune into AEW every week.  There are plenty of things on a given episode that I just don't like or I think they handled poorly, etc.  I don't think it's a perfect promotion.  However, I am able to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will handle gimmicks/wrestlers well at some point, even if they currently are not.  That's the big difference for me between them and WWE.  With WWE, I may see something I like or that interests me, but deep down I know it will not be handled well.

Like with James Storm Kay signed on with the NWA with the understanding that if WWE gave them "the call" the NWA would grant them their release. There's a lot of people inside of Pro Wrestling who really like her personally and just simply want her to finally land a big contract. I assume AEW gave her a legitimate offer and NWA granted her a release on a similar basis.

She's good friends with Eddie Kingston after working for the same promotions together over the years. So I assume that worked in her favour too.

Zicky Dice apparently is the next person out the door with the NWA. Relations have gone south and his contract is up in December. 

On 11/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, rovert said:

Zicky Dice apparently is the next person out the door with the NWA. Relations have gone south and his contract is up in December. 

I thought he'd already been released and just showed up to job the title?

Either way, it looks like the NWA is a dead issue again. Only guy I feel bad for is Aldis, who worked really hard to get that belt to matter again and seems like he's back in the same position he was before the All In match.