Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - November 25, 2020

MoS

It's refreshing to see a major promotion feature young guys and put them in positions to make them look good instead of having them waste away for years doing football drills and learning how to lift weight properly (I'm watching on delay and the Top Flight match is up now).

Like AEW has a bunch of guys who can potentially be huge stars in 5-6 years when the competition will still be going with guys who were on top decades ago.

I made myself giddy at the thought of Jake and Eddie battling each other on promos. 

Glad to see Abadon recovered from having her throat caved in, I love her gimmick so much. Wrestling is best when you have those characters that make you stop what you're doing all "what the hell was THAT"

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

It's refreshing to see a major promotion feature young guys and put them in positions to make them look good instead of having them waste away for years doing football drills and learning how to lift weight properly (I'm watching on delay and the Top Flight match is up now).

Like AEW has a bunch of guys who can potentially be huge stars in 5-6 years when the competition will still be going with guys who were on top decades ago.

It's great for the company to have a host of guys that are recognised as 'AEW guys' as well. 

It really feels like things are firing on all cylinders for them right now.

I really hope Miro manages to rediscover what he had since sheesh...

I’m into baby face Archer though since he’s already been the monster challenger for both titles and I assume he’s going to settle into a gatekeeper role now. I dig how simple they’ve kept the Moxley/Omega build; some good shit talking and Omega cementing his heel turn and that’s all you need.

I assume Cody is finally going to get his War Games against Team Taz?

3 hours ago, Stiva said:

I really hope Miro manages to rediscover what he had since sheesh...

I’m into baby face Archer though since he’s already been the monster challenger for both titles and I assume he’s going to settle into a gatekeeper role now. I dig how simple they’ve kept the Moxley/Omega build; some good shit talking and Omega cementing his heel turn and that’s all you need.

I assume Cody is finally going to get his War Games against Team Taz?

That's assuming that Taz would even be cleared to wrestle....Unless they put Taz's son Hook in there, which would not necessarily be a smart move if he's only been training recently. But then again, Cody & Dustin on the opposite side can be of some help for him

3 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Omega/Moxley seems like a weird match for tv instead of pay per view. I am assuming some kind of screwy finish even if Omega gets the belt.

TV is a bigger money spinner than PPV for them so putting big matches on there makes business sense

It's kinda funny to me how lots of people are still conditioned (no offense meant) that TK will try to get out of the Mox vs Omega finish or thinking that it being "just" a TV match means it will be a screwjob. Cody and Tony have said that Dynamite is the can't miss place for AEW, and even PPVs are inferior to it. Over a year and Tony hasn't pulled DQs or no-contests like what WWE/WCW did to us for decades. Heck, even the cherished Heck, if this was WWE this title match would come on at 10:55PM EST on RAW.

For the record, I think it will be a clean win, but if they have an "out" to extend the feud, it will be about the mysterious attacker. Maybe he distracts Mox. And, no I wouldn't mind a 60 minute draw if the go that route.

They should have the title match at the top of the second hour just to create the idea it *could* go an hour and plant the seed in people's minds. Then have whoever is going to win do so as clean as future plans allow. It will give everyone what they want, which is kind of what AEW has been good at.

Ok so now I'm thinking maybe a ref bump, mysterious attacker comes out, unmasks, and attacks Moxley, ref doesnt see, and then counts the pin for Omega, setting up Moxley for a new feud that will keep him away until the next Pope from Omega. I can totally see them doing that. People may want to pay more money to see Moxley try to win the title back in the rematch.

Nothing wrong with a non-finish if the feud is heated up more coming out of it. A decade of WWE doing it wrong doesn’t invalidate 30 years of evidence it can be done right. Providing you’re not doing them all the time, you don’t lose any of your fans trust, especially if you give them the match with a definitive finish down the line which I’m sure they will.

Fuck me, I loved pretty much everything about this episode (the Miro/Sabian bit, Vickie's promo and Shida backing down from Abadon I wasn't crazy about). Excellent opener, John Silver looked terrific out there and I like the idea of Hangman being chased by the Dark Order once more, especially now than the DO has become basically the best gimmick in the entire company and gets new people over (Silver, Jay). Kinda crazy that Jericho & Daniels have never ever faced before and you could see Daniels was motivated as all hell, he looked the best he has maybe since the debut of AEW. I'm totally in for a Young Bucks vs TH2 big title match, could be a great one. Anna Jay has improved a whole lot already and she totally looks like a futur star. Wow, Taz's kid is getting involved now, I feel old, people. But yeah, Taz has been so great in his role and this was yet another occurence of it. Loved the main event and the Archer attack, which made sense dating back to that Battle Royal, had a very WCW Nitro feel to it, with several feuds and storylines crossing path together. 

Next week looks stacked and Omega vs Mox should be awesome, not matter what they do with it (funny how people have been conditioned by WWE to always expect the worst).