Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/14 - 12/20 *vacated space*

KawadaSmile

I've been as big a proponent for Big E to get a main event push as anyone, but I think circumstances screwed it up a bit.

As has happened countless times over the years now, the WWE simply missed the moment.

I think a few years back, you would've seen Big E get a massive pop and a ton of support as a babyface challenger for Brock. And, because Big E is a massive dude, he wouldn't have looked all that small or unbelievable standing toe-to-toe against Lesnar. 

But the window closed and now they need to kinda wait for it to re-open. When Rollins was feuding with Lesnar, that probably should've been Big E. But it wasn't. The New Day have done a miraculous job of staying over for years now and I don't think Big E has missed his moment forever, but like McIntyre, I don't think "that moment" should happen in an empty arena. He's also lucked out in the sense that he's on the brand with Reigns, who is easily the best character on the roster right now. There's really nobody - not Big E, not Jey Uso, certainly not Kevin Owens - that should be beating Roman Reigns. Will that still be true in April? Maybe, maybe not, but right now, I don't see anyone stepping up and usurping Reigns at the top of the card.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda understand the purpose behind it, considering that they don't have the Florida loops anymore to give the greener wrestlers some reps - and considering that the live event option after the pandemic might disappear altogether, I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea. Besides, it'll probably only be a Network exclusive so only the diehards will watch this.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

The fact that he managed to make people think "he's going to be better than Vince" is just astounding. He never showed any of the strengths VKM had (even as a in-ring performer) while showing all the weaknesses.

It was always smokes and mirrors. It was not hard to grab hot people from the indies/other companies and push them in hot matches when there was no alternative, that way he looked like the "cool guy", the "wrestling guy". Except it was in a protected vaacum during a monopoly. His show gets mandated to kill the brand new opposition and the result ends up he gets his ass handed to him by a pissant company. Triple H is a con man, always was always will be. The ONE thing he managed to do right in the business is make friends with the right people, work with the hottest stars the business had seen in 15 years and marry the boss daughter. That's Trip's legacy.

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Rhea won the NXT title one year ago. Fuck Triple H then, now and forever.

The fact that he managed to make people think "he's going to be better than Vince" is just astounding. He never showed any of the strengths VKM had (even as a in-ring performer) while showing all the weaknesses.

Her and Keith Lee. The competition with AEW has really shown he doesn't know how to get a brand over or book a compelling product. A lot of that shit was taking credit for Ryan Ward and Dusty Rhodes booking a good weekly TV show that was hidden away on Hulu and the Network.

It’s also astounding to me that Sasha Banks hasn’t been pushed as the main star of the company given that she’s in a big mainstream television show. In the past, they would definitely be bigging that up all over TV and pushing her hard. But instead she’s stuck in a feud with the horrendous Carmella. Either Vince has fallen so hard into his bad habits of being a control freak that he can’t see the woods for the trees or this is a sign that the much hyped WWE women’s division doesn’t actually have much depth outside of the top three or four women. At least on the main roster.

23 minutes ago, FMKK said:

or this is a sign that the much hyped WWE women’s division doesn’t actually have much depth outside of the top three or four women. At least on the main roster.

Reminds me of the "Always has been" meme. WWE women on the main roster has long been the Horsewomen and everyone else trailing fair behind. everyone else is either very much not good or talented but somehow creative can't come up with anything for them to do (which is where Asuka was stuck until Becky left). 

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Reminds me of the "Always has been" meme. WWE women on the main roster has long been the Horsewomen and everyone else trailing fair behind. everyone else is either very much not good or talented but somehow creative can't come up with anything for them to do (which is where Asuka was stuck until Becky left). 

Even the people with talent like Bianca Belair feel like they could have used a little more seasoning in NXT.

6 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Even the people with talent like Bianca Belair feel like they could have used a little more seasoning in NXT.

Another fine example, they did all those Mr. Perfect vignettes with her and for what? They haven't done dick with her since. But hey, let's give Carmella another try. 

Just now, sek69 said:

Another fine example, they did all those Mr. Perfect vignettes with her and for what? They haven't done dick with her since. But hey, let's give Carmella another try. 

I won't even go into Mia Yim. It's like they are intentionally going against her strengths on the main roster. She could probably be equal to the Horsewomen if used properly.

People don't always necessarily realize that because they've been so used of seeing Kevin Owens as a heel, going as far back as his days in ROH & PWG. The motivation behind what he does in the ring doesn't change, whether it's as a heel or a babyface; he does the best he can to provide his family and give them the best life and he never hid that fact. Adversely, even if Roman Reigns is pretty much going with the same purpose, only now he acts like a Samoan Godfather who believes he has the exclusive rights on who gets what on Smackdown. That's what is making this feud work on so many levels; 2 guys motivated by the same purpose but one being more hypocritical about it.

8 hours ago, FMKK said:

It’s also astounding to me that Sasha Banks hasn’t been pushed as the main star of the company given that she’s in a big mainstream television show.

Considering she herself basically said on TV that WWE booking made no sense, I could see some pettiness on their part, because they are this stupid. Fuck, here's someone I would love to see leave the company, give them the middle finger and show up on the other side with her cousin. Probably will never happen because I don't see any of the 4 Horsewomen leaving ever, but still. That girl should talk to Batista (she probably already is).

On 12/19/2020 at 1:47 AM, Mad Dog said:

I mean what else can you do with Sasha? They really don't have any depth and she's been programmed to death with anyone of any real worth.

This time a year ago, people thought Shayna and Rhea were on the verge of being able to be main roster stars. Io Sharai is an excellent wrestler. Those are three people who are good enough to be in the top echelon of the women’s division; one is in a tag team with Nia Jax, another was basically buried for Charlotte and the third might not ever get called up. There are people they could push to feud with her if they cared to but we know they can’t and won’t make stars anymore.

3 hours ago, FMKK said:

This time a year ago, people thought Shayna and Rhea were on the verge of being able to be main roster stars. Io Sharai is an excellent wrestler. Those are three people who are good enough to be in the top echelon of the women’s division; one is in a tag team with Nia Jax, another was basically buried for Charlotte and the third might not ever get called up. There are people they could push to feud with her if they cared to but we know they can’t and won’t make stars anymore.

Rhea is where I can point and say HHH isn't better with Vince. One of their few ratings wins was with her in the main event and she's essentially a jobber now. I just have no idea what their thought process is with her.

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Rhea is where I can point and say HHH isn't better with Vince. One of their few ratings wins was with her in the main event and she's essentially a jobber now. I just have no idea what their thought process is with her.

HHH talking all this shit about how she can learn from this year and it’s like his mythical de-push after the curtain call shows how clueless he is.

2 hours ago, FMKK said:

HHH talking all this shit about how she can learn from this year and it’s like his mythical de-push after the curtain call shows how clueless he is.

He's bought into the revisionist history that he was always over instead of the realty that he was floundering until Mick Foley killed himself to get him over in early 2000.

HHH in a 2009 inteview:

All the stars are at a certain level. You can't make someone a star by simply bringing other stars down. That's not how the business works; it's not how it's ever worked. The new stars have to rise on their own. What big star ever laid down for me?

It's like being squashed by the Ultimate Warrior and made the curtain call scapegoat gave him PTSD and he spent the rest of his career trying to compensate.