Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/01 - 10/01 Steph Curry is sensational

KawadaSmile

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, El-P said:

So, Trump books a better Invasion angle than Vince apparently... That's counter-programming at its best.

Is he, though? The writing staff is losing their minds over the next move as we speak. Car crash television is easy to go awry, so perhaps plans are going to change!

I think it's obvious that the big rating (relatively speaking of course) was due to Hogan and Flair being advertised. We have seen this a hundred times by now. WWE pops a big number, people try to attribute it to the product or booking decisions (like the big Christmas rating for SD, which was clearly due to the massive lead-in) even though there are obvious external reasons for this. Then the ratings and viewership drop right down to the obscenely low average the next week (like SD this week), and they are followed by the product setting new low viewership records. Hell, it happened with Raw and Ric Flair this very summer. Maybe we should stop going so easy and generous on WWE booking. One year ago, the idea that Hogan and Flair would draw barely above 2 million viewers would have been laughed out of the building. Now, it's considered good news!! Sorry, but at some point, WWE will have to get their head out of the sand and understand that the problem is them, their booking, their approach, their philosophy. If they don't, this pattern will keep repeating and a year from now, we will be celebrating a Raw which does 1.5 million viewers as a major ratings success. 

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Is he, though? The writing staff is losing their minds over the next move as we speak. Car crash television is easy to go awry, so perhaps plans are going to change!

Has Linda Tweeted something stupid already BTW ? I mean, she has said they had won the election before...

49 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also good to know they had their own Bray Wyatt. That "viking" looking fuck.

Yeah, Fascist Berzerker was awesome. Living the gimmick. Cool Valknut tattoo too (hey, it's a viking tattoo, nothing to do with extreme-right at all "wink wink nudge nudge")...

24 minutes ago, sek69 said:

SI also does puff pieces for WWE, and while Sasha has been great this year, this is as about as legit as the heels always winning the coin toss for  War Games in JCP.

Oh I know, I am just glad that of all the WWE wrestlers they could have done a puff piece about, they chose Sasha. She's deserved it for the longest time

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also how the fuck did Vince look at the IIconics and decide Peyton was the one with potential? Billie Kay does everything WWE likes about a 100 times better. 

Are we sure that's what happened? Tbh I also thought Peyton could have a stronger solo run based on in-ring skills but Billie is really damn funny and charismatic.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Are we sure that's what happened? Tbh I also thought Peyton could have a stronger solo run based on in-ring skills but Billie is really damn funny and charismatic.

The idea at the time was they were being broken up to give Peyton a singles push so it's what was *supposed* to happen. What actually happened was we found out who was the Shawn and who was the Marty.

It's been obvious from the beginning that Billie was doing 95% of the character work in the IIconics. She can do WWE's style of comedy. She has an actual personality. That gets you TV time. She's going to get the Riott Squad over, just watch.

Peyton is no better than Billie at actual wrestling, IMO. Peyton completed whiffed on taking the bump on Charlotte's Natural Selection this past Monday. Granted, it's an awkward move. But I haven't ever seen anyone fail at taking it like she did.

So, no talk about former NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce facing WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble?

Assuming the match actually happens, and if that's a big if, I'm intrigued.

At the very least, it's something new and unexpected - two words rarely used to describe WWE these days.

11 minutes ago, C.S. said:

So, no talk about former NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce facing WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble?

Assuming the match actually happens, and if that's a big if, I'm intrigued.

At the very least, it's something new and unexpected - two words rarely used to describe WWE these days.

Given that it is basically equivalent of having Gerald Brisco headline against Steve Austin in 1998, I am guessing no one is talking about it cuz they don't want to shit on WWE too much cuz shitting on WWE seems to be tired and almost like bullying. 

(And I know Brisco was a heel while Pearce is a face; the relative credibility is the exact same)

Pearce getting the spot makes sense. He booked Owens for a match against Jey last week, which Roman had said no to. Roman wants to tear apart Pearce, but he realizes he should do it within the rules. Strings are pulled to have Pearce in the gauntlet, get him the victory and now Roman has a free pass to legally beat the brakes off Pearce. Really well done.

I could see them going several ways, from someone getting Pearce's spot to Pearce having a ten-minute extended squash with Roman.

Pearce apparently has impressed Vince as an on-air performer, along with helping with training the big guys at the PC. This feels like a reward and that's pretty cool.

Yeah, I thought the angle was very nicely done and I'm confident Pearce can do some interesting stuff with promos and character building in the next 3 weeks.

I also like how they are setting up their Elimination Chamber match. Roman has bullied of screwed over enough people that every participant in the will have a legit reason to fight him besides getting a title shot (regardless if the EC match is for the n°1 contender or with Roman putting the belt on the line).

Also, it was really cool watching motivated Nakamura again. A couple of botches with both Rey and Bryan but overall it was a damn good gauntlet match (the Corbin match was nice too).

For me, the story is more about the way @Burgundy LaRue put it and how it makes Roman more and more the ultimate prick heel who'll do everything in his power to make it known that he runs the show and no one can stop him. I feel like as we progress in this Roman story arc, the more Roman pulls stuff like this, the more the title change will be significant when it happens. Right now, it's gonna be fun for casual fans to probably know more about Adam Pearce's career and I hope that WWE will take the time to do that instead of just sticking to "Oh, he didn't make it in WWE, he's got no chance against Roman."