KawadaSmile

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I believe Grizzled Young Vets should win this match.  They are such a great team.  But I have a feeling that MSK is winning to set up something with Lorcan and Burch 

Vets lost the final last year, so I think they'll win this year.

I do like that MSK is different from the Rascalz in the sense that they can be serious about winning.  I don't remember them ever being serious when in TNA even when there was a title match.  

Thought this was a great match.  Still think the Grizzled Young Vets should have won but still a great match

Cameron Grimes as an evil Jed Clampett off on that Gamestop stock money will be interesting.  Or a complete trainwreck 

Very good main event. Preferred the first half of the match - Dunn's submissions and leg selling was great stuff. Didn't outstay it's welcome either which is a massive plus.

Didn't care much for the post-match angle, just no interest in UE and Cole turning heel seems like an odd move.

Decent show overall. Women's matches were disappointing but everything else delivered. Not following the TV always helps the big shows feel more special.

45 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Can't help but think Pete Dunne's a guy they already missed the boat on. Back when NXT UK kicked off he came off like a star waiting to take off,  now he seems like he's just spinning his wheels with no direction. 

Dunn is still very young, but yeah, this is a company that waits centuries to do anything with anybody. 

Gargano gave up "organic" for "epic" a long time ago, and while his matches might be "pretty" for want of a better term, they feel so rehearsed I have to change how I watch in order to get something positive out of them i.e if I ignore this and just accept that and overlook the other, then yeah, he has great matches.

NXT star ratings should go (and I'm using Regal because I don't know who produces or "agents" the matches):
William Regal (represented by Johnny Gargano and KUSHIDA) : 3.75 asterisks
William Regal (represented by MSK and GYV) : 4.25 snowflakes
etc
because NXT Takeover matches are so clearly laid out and rehearsed that maybe the wrong people get the credit. Like I said, it's on me to change how I watch, not for them to change how they wrestle, but I do like seeing two guys work it out as they go along. Earthy and organic, not homogenised and shiny.

Edit: at the very least, "here to accept the award for Match of the Year, Adam Cole, Johnny Gargano and Shawn Michaels".

With Eli Drake showing up on NXT, is there *anyone* left with Corgan's NWA apart from Kamille & Aldis ? 

Also, as pretty much expected Taya apparently has signed. Kinda disappointing on a personal level as I would have loved to see her in AEW, but hey... She's 37, so that tells you as much about how far she'll go if she ever make it to the main roster. 

34 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Hey, she's younger than Asuka. And she's blonde, so there's a good chance of her getting a push on that basis alone.

Wow, I would have never figured Asuka was 39 ! 

I mean, sure she's blonde, tall and athletic looking, but this is the company who had Micky James be "old" at the same age, so...