WWE TV 02/08 - 02/14 Tom Brady burrying the new talent smh

KawadaSmile

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alexa's story is popular on YouTube. But most adult women don't like the Stockholm Syndrome vibes. Because we actually know Harley Quinn was an abuse victim in her relationship with the Joker, which Bray-Alexa are referencing.

Edge didn't do anything for Smackdown's ratings, to round back to that. They remained roughly the same as they have for the past few months.

With all the advances in nutrition, exercise and rehab, having wrestlers going strong into their 40s is now commonplace. But guys like Orton, Miz, Kofi, Sheamus and Ziggler have been on WWE TV for for years. Morrison, MVP, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Lashley and even McIntyre are on their second WWE runs. Edge returned from injury/retirement. That's pretty much half of the major players from the Ruthless Aggression/PG eras.

Factor in some not changing anything about their presentation--Ziggler has been a "showoff" fading rock star for several years, for example--along with running certain feuds too long, and we get a generation of overexposed talent. There are good stories to be told with these wrestlers--KofiMania comes to mind--but the approach from everyone involved needs to be fresher.

And if you notice, most of those guys are on RAW. Which explains why it feels dated.

The stars in the company are Roman and Sasha. And Bad Bunny too! (He's selling tons of merch, which goes to show they did a nice job with him)

RAW has been... lame. I mean some stuff is beyond them, like Andrade getting injured, Drew and Lee getting the Rona and Rico being ultra irresponsible. Black pretty much giving the finger to the company could've been avoided if they did the bare minimum handling Vega's situation.

But like, even I can't get through it most times. Some acts are nice, like The Hurt Business, and they have people like Damien Priest who I like a lot. But that's it. 

30 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Yeah, the staleness is prabably a bigger problem than the actual ages. This is Miz's 17(!) year in the company and he's essentially been playing the same character for 13/14 of those years (being generous here).

They don't make enough use of NXT for situations like this.

Imagine Miz going there with his "movie star" and "above you all" character.

Ziggler should be a JTTS at this point on any brand. Any magic he once had was killed by WWE. Sucks for him, but it is what it is. I thought it was very telling when even a Born Again Christian like HBK buried Ziggler as an imitator on one of the Network podcasts with Stone Cold.

Vince's dislike of non WWE wrestling seems to blind him to the fact that what kept things fresh was wrestlers were able to go from territory to territory. If someone's act ran it's course they could always go somewhere else, maybe try switching face/heel to see how it works for them, at worst you can go back to your home area in a few months and  have a clean slate. 

We know it's something that still works since you have examples of guys going elsewhere now that end up revitalize their careers. Plus I don't buy the idea that WWE can kill someone for good. Look at someone like Juice Robinson, he was a jobber in a dead end gimmick in NXT, but New Japan put the effort in to rehabbing the guy, and he became a mid level guy who was probably being primed for more before he got injured and the pandemic hit.  

I thought Miz having Marise or even the Miztourage elevated him as an act even if it was something that didn't change. He was terrific in most segments. Hell, even the Mizdow days were pretty good!

Now when it's Miz and Morrison, things changed. The material is not as good and even Mizanin sounds fed up with it. It all feels super forced.

Every time I think of how old WWE is & how stale they are, I just think of how they misused poor Rusev when he could have been a main event guy for them. Of course, it turned into more pettiness because that's what WWE does. Vince thinks Lana is too hot for Rusev? Writing is on the wall. Fuck if it hurts business, right? 

WWE shoots themselves in the foot more than any company I can think of ever has, including WCW & TNA. They've just came out on top twice with the cable TV boom & buying up the territories & then WCW running their can't-miss shit into the ground.  That's really what WWE's legacy is, since Vince, Jr. took over. Cable TV WWF & then "winning" the Monday Night War, which they still reference twenty years later & haven't moved on from.

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Every time I think of how old WWE is & how stale they are, I just think of how they misused poor Rusev when he could have been a main event guy for them. Of course, it turned into more pettiness because that's what WWE does. Vince thinks Lana is too hot for Rusev? Writing is on the wall. Fuck if it hurts business, right? 

I recall Rusev in one of his post WWE interviews saying how he was trying to get Vince to recognize how crazy the fans were going for all the Rusev Day stuff, and Vince told him they weren't really cheering for him like it was some kind of ironic hipster thing. It really shed light how much Vince denies reality when it's not something he intended to get over.

In that case, it's almost amazing that Vince struck the iron while it was hot with Becky Lynch, considering that this was meant to be a heel turn that night she slapped Charlotte Flair after losing that Triple Threat Match at Summerslam. Not sure that Becky was really in Vince's plans as "The Man"

13 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

In that case, it's almost amazing that Vince struck the iron while it was hot with Becky Lynch, considering that this was meant to be a heel turn that night she slapped Charlotte Flair after losing that Triple Threat Match at Summerslam. Not sure that Becky was really in Vince's plans as "The Man"

Not only that, I was *really* surprised they didn't keep trying to force Becky's heel turn when the fans were rejecting it. 

5 hours ago, Coffey said:

My favourite example of Vince booking a guy cuz he sees him as some ugly fuck whom no hot woman would give the time of their day is when he booked the Bella twins to take a bet and hit on Daniel Bryan, with the joke being that any girl as hot as the Bellas are would never actually date a vegan bearded geek like Bryan. Really funny how that worked out

10 hours ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Rusev isn't exactly making a good case for himself in AEW.

He hasn't been there for 6 months. They were not gonna TNA themselves and have him show up in the promotion and run over everyone despite him being a JTTS in WWE. And it's not a case of FTR which had this buzz of them vs Young Bucks going on for years. They need to rebuild him. Granted, although I did enjoy some of his stuff, I admit the booking has not been the best with him, but he's displaying another side of his personality which is much closer to his real self, so the best is yet to come I'd say. 

10 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

So what are the chances WWE brings in Gina Carano and has her blame Sasha for getting fired from The Mandalorian? It'd be like Hulk Hogan vs. Zeus all over again.

Ok, so I just googled that one. Holy shit ! :lol:

This is the way... out of the set.

The irony of *Disney* firing someone for being antisemitic though... Times, they are a-changin'