Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - April 7, 2021

MoS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why they really aren't trying. On paper, this is a one match show (the main event). Max Caster ? JD Drake ? Is this a Thunder episode of Dynamite ? Oh anyway, this is Mania week, the spotlight is not gonna be on them anyway. Better off putting on a great show for their first week unopposed instead.

Heel Jericho >>> Face Jericho, but as far as face Jericho promos go, that was one of the better ones. I actually don't remember the last face promo he cut as good as this. Low bar to clear cuz again face Jericho has never really worked, but still 

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

BLOOD & GUTS will be on Dynamite! That's wild...I def thought they'd save that for PPV.

Yeah and tbf to AEW, this one has more reason to happen than the original one had. That one was out of nowhere. 

This QT promo was whatever but for some reason I hate the fact that the term "vanilla midgets" was used on TV 

Haters gonna HATE this week’s Dynamite.  

I figured at the least they would keep -1 off the episode with Mike Tyson.  That just seemed like the easiest booking decision tonight.  Iron Mike is famous for saying that he wants to “eat your children” ...and other stuff that is much worse.

That poor little boy is going to date a LOT of wrestlers.  Someone like Jason Hervey used his wrestling connection to punch above his weight class with Missy Hyatt.  It is the true path.

1 minute ago, cubbymark said:

Oh boy, AEW continues to exploit -1. 

That seems a bit harsh, he wants to be there since it helps him cope with the sudden loss of his dad to hang out with people who clearly loved him. If they were doing angles with him like some wrestler claiming to be his his real dad, I could see it being exploitative. 

I really hope they have Pac and Fenix take the tag titles next week, and then have Page take the World Title since they seem to be pushing that #1 contender thing with him. Then they can have Omega and the Bucks do their Lovers Quarrel angle without holding up all the titles. I really hope they get Moxley and Kingston away from this shit ASAP.

The Acclaimed are really terrible.

Very much enjoyed the Darby/Drake match, and Drake actually strikes me as a guy they could do something with since he looks totally different from everyone else in an old school Dick Murdoch kinda way and seems to be a decent enough hand.

The Inner Circle/Pinnacle/Tyson stuff was fun, and the War Games match should be good. If they could have Tyson handcuffed to Tully or something, that could make for some fun TV.

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

The Acclaimed are really terrible.

Yeah, I really completely fail to see why they even get TV time. To have a so-so match with Hangman Page at this point, with sloppy spots, poor bumping, boring offense and timing, yuck... I know the guy is green, but I don't see any potential whatsoever. He's a better rapper than a worker, and yet that doesn't say anything.

Omega ain't losing the title. He's gonna collect more belts and that is gonna be awesome. As far as the dorama goes, well, I don't care as long as the matches are awesome, and they mostly are. Omega & Callis are just awesome at everything right now. Matt Jackson is better than Shawn Micheals at acting (yes, that is a backhanded compliment). The Bucks & Omega stuff is compelling on a very long term scale, they're not gonna do basic heel/face stuff, they're acting more like actual human beings with contradictory actions and feelings, and I do enjoy that (it helps they are just the best workers too). 

Bear Country I want more, but damn, Luchasaurus is not looking good at all, they really need to give Jungle Boy momentum now.

A fun thing about this week is it shows how aware they are of their criticism. The whole Death Triangle/Best Friend (which should be terrific) segment almost was a direct response to Meltz criticism of them not doing follow-ups. Also, I got a kick ouf of Jake Roberts actually pointing the running gag of the Sting segments being him not saying anything and being interrupted. Archer also basically blasted the lack of focus in the way he's being booked...

I like the QT Marshall group.
I understand the whole -1 thing, but I really don't want to see much more of this. Not because it makes me uneasy, but because I don't want to see a kid around my pro-wrestling stuff, thank you. I mean, maybe in ten years he'll debut as an actual pro-wrestler and he'll be awesome because of this experience, so who knows, but I don't really like it now.

12 hours ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

That poor little boy is going to date a LOT of wrestlers.  Someone like Jason Hervey used his wrestling connection to punch above his weight class with Missy Hyatt.  It is the true path.

:lol: So true. He's having a thing for Tay Conti already. Too soon young padawan.

I mean, I expected a nothing show and I got an angle with Mike Tyson. Gonna tank in the ratings still but hey, they are not lazy.

Love the Bunny back in the ring. I just love that girl. Greatest annoying laugh ever.

Dave did a really detailed breakdown of what is happening with AEW ratings on WOR. It sounds like the number of households has held steady, but their ratings are dropping because they're going from 2-3 people watching in a household to 1 in many cases. Most of the audience they are losing is 18-49 women and teens. An example of how this is playing out would be that Dad watches AEW. Mom and the kids used to watch too, but they're starting to tune out.

Maybe the Bucks could write a new book called “Killing the Territory” This whole stuff is putrid; get the tag belts on Death Triangle, lead into a feud with Moxley and Kingston and banish The Good Brothers back to Impact. Then run a straight up, simple story with Omega and Page for the title. Garbage overacting, completely nonsensical motivations from week to week with shitty promos. Nobody is coming out of this looking good.

Darby was the clear star again.

There was plenty of blood and violence when Mox and Kingston were feuding too. It didn't make the female viewers tune out. I think Meltzer is focusing too much on that aspect, because he doesn't want to blame Omega. Ever since the show started revolving around him cutting shitty smug promos and doing putrid nauseating melodramatic angles with his equally terrible Elite buddies, AEW's ratings have declined considerably and the women have given up watching. I WONDER WHY HMM