Pro Wrestling Only

From Their House to Our House - NXT TakeOver: In Your House 2021

C.S.

1Aew3zL.png

NXT Championship Fatal 5-Way Match: Karrion Kross © w/Scarlett vs. Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Pete Dunne

NXT Women's Championship: Raquel Gonzalez © vs. Ember Moon

Winner Take All Six-Man Tag: NXT North American Champion Bronson Reed & NXT Tag Team Champions MSK vs. Legado del Fantasma

Million Dollar Championship Ladder Match: Cameron Grimes vs. LA Knight 

Women's Action: Mercedes Martinez vs. Xia Li

voPySMr.jpg?1

Just now, WingedEagle said:

Is it now possible to pause live programming on the 'cock?

Only on certain devices. Not on Roku yet.

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

That main event is gonna suck so much ass.

If it was a 15-20 minute sprint, it could be fun. But it will be a 40-minute "epic." Zzz.

Am I the only one who sees absolutely nothing in Karrion Kross?

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

If it was a 15-20 minute sprint, it could be fun. But it will be a 40-minute "epic." Zzz.

Am I the only one who sees absolutely nothing in Karrion Kross?

Bubba, NXT will never have a five way going under 25 minutes. Not in this economy, at least.

And no, basically no one is seeing anything valuable in KK. His title reign absolutely stank, and he is getting punked by dudes half his size on the mic with zero clapback. Either they are playing a "dude sucks but management is behind him" on purpose or he is getting hit!

MSK does nothing for me. Is it just me?

I mean, their ringwork is fine, but I have no idea who the fuck they are as characters or why I should care about them.

(Not a problem unique to them in NXT/WWE, but still...)

I hate that there is no rewind on Peacock live shows. I came in towards the beginning of the Legado del Fantasma trios and loved it. Li/Martinez was a great pace and a great length. I think that's the best Li has looked, impressed with both. 

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2021/06/nxt-takeover-in-your-house-61321.html

I'll honestly admit I was distracted during the last two matches. I probably missed a good one between Raquel Gonzales and Ember Moon, but what flashes I saw of the main event did little to reel me in.

26 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

Kross is awful. Gargano, Cole, and O'Reilly have been played out for at least two years, and Pete Dunne can't be expected to carry 4 people.

I was going to post exactly this, so thanks for doing it for me. 

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

I mean, their ringwork is fine, but I have no idea who the fuck they are as characters or why I should care about them.

This pretty much sums up professional wrestling from about 2005-present. A bunch of bland dudes without any character or charisma doing a bunch of spots to "this is awesome!" chants.

The Johnny Gargano's & Adam Cole's of the world. Or... pretty much all of AEW.

I was at the PC for this. Great show live.

MOTN for me was the opening six man tag. El Legado del Fantasma are really coming together and have been growing on me.

Say what you want about the Tian Sha stuff but the crowd ate that up. The match was good as well.

Heck, I enjoyed all the matches sans the main event which was way long and honestly featuring a ton of guys who I've already seen do this stuff countless times. I'll revisit the 4 other matches tomorrow to see how they come across on video.