Pro Wrestling Only

Fucking great TV matches

ButchReedMark

A few of my favorites:

3/19/88 (taped 3/12) MX vs. Fantastics (WCW Pro)

3/12/94 Ricky Steamboat vs. Steve Austin (WCWSN)

5/28/94 Steven Regal vs. Larry Zbyszko (WCWSN)

10/20/97 Chris Benoit vs. Eddy Guerrero (Nitro)

12/15/97 Rey Jr./Juventud Guerrera vs. La Parka/Psicosis (Nitro)

5/1/04 Jamie Noble vs. Rey Misterio Jr. (WWE Velocity)

6/23/05 Eddy Guerrero vs. Rey Jr. (WWE Smackdown)

I'm confident that today assisted-living 77-year-old Terry Funk & brought back from literal death 71-year-old Jerry Lawler could work a match that would show up 85-90% of both the WWE & AEW rosters combined. Those two men have been so good for so long... even when their bodies quit on them, it would be second nature. 

Rey Mysterio vs Mark Henry (WWE Smackdown 20/01/2006) - I've not seen anyone talk this up except myself and Jimmy Redman. Be number 3!

Rhodes Bros vs Real Americans (WWE Main Event 18/03/2014) - shaping from Goldust/Cesaro to a Cody FIP, to a Rhodes Bros hope spot and down to an elongated Goldust FIP in a mere ten minutes is as crazy as it sounds. The final five is even nuttier. Stupendously good match.

Rush/Rey Escorpion/Maximo vs Negro Casas/Terrible/Shocker (CMLL 28/06/2014) - the second greatest 6-man of the last decade (behind only Wyatts/Shield).

Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle - SmackDown 26/9/02 - This was a really fun main event that was built on Angle/Benoit trying to settle their differences while Rey constantly ran interference and became the star of the match. It's one of the better three-ways that hardly anyone talks about but it's an enjoyable match from start to finish with some really well put together spots. Between that and the Edge/Eddie match from earlier, it's one of the best SmackDown episodes of all-time.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, Tim Cooke said:

A few of my favorites:

3/19/88 (taped 3/12) MX vs. Fantastics (WCW Pro)

3/12/94 Ricky Steamboat vs. Steve Austin (WCWSN)

5/28/94 Steven Regal vs. Larry Zbyszko (WCWSN)

10/20/97 Chris Benoit vs. Eddy Guerrero (Nitro)

12/15/97 Rey Jr./Juventud Guerrera vs. La Parka/Psicosis (Nitro)

5/1/04 Jamie Noble vs. Rey Misterio Jr. (WWE Velocity)

6/23/05 Eddy Guerrero vs. Rey Jr. (WWE Smackdown)

There's also a 2003 Rey-Matt Hardy match where Rey wins the cruiserweight title which is one of my favourite matches of that year 

Eddie Guerrero/Tajiri vs. Team Angle on 5/22/03 is right up there with the best Smackdown matches.

The best match in Raw history is either Bret Hart vs. 123 Kid or the quad tear match.

What's the best match in Impact history? I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I feel like there are some obvious Samoa Joe or AJ Styles matches I'm missing.

44 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

What's the best match in Impact history? I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I feel like there are some obvious Samoa Joe or AJ Styles matches I'm missing.

MCMG vs Generation Me (Empty Arena) - it's probably not the best match but it's the most memorable of what I've seen from TNA.

I'm guessing something before 2008 might be better but I wouldn't doubt the MCMG vs Beer Money feud holds up really, really well with a highlight being the 2/3 falls.

Probably several Bret matches that could fall into this category (including the aforementioned vs. 1-2-3 Kid on Raw), but I always loved the first Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund match on Superstars, where Backlund lost cleanly, snapped, and slapped the living daylights out of Bret afterward.

8 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Eddie Guerrero/Tajiri vs. Team Angle on 5/22/03 is right up there with the best Smackdown matches.

The best match in Raw history is either Bret Hart vs. 123 Kid or the quad tear match.

AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle on that January 4th 2010 show was a great match and better than their PPV effort.

Speed Muscle vs. Motor City Machine Guns from 2008 is a really fun tv match as well.

The match where Sting wins the TV Title from Mike Rotunda. Smartly worked match with a hot crowd, tons of tension and JR and Hayes just killing it on commentary. It's not the best match by any means but I think it's a definitive representation of what NWA wrestling was about.