Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - Grand Slam - September 22, 2021

MoS

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back and forth with Loss on it.

Maybe the most important thing for me watching wrestling at this stage of my life is immersion and commitment, being present in all aspects of the match. It's what drew me so much in with Bock and why I've spent the last year being so high on Tenryu. It's why I am not at all against you guys with Hansen even though I have my issues with him. And there's just none of that with Omega from what I've seen. Especially if this is him being on the good side. Loss called him a truly post-modern wrestler, always self-aware. He never seems in the moment to me, even when he's selling which is when some of this should drop if it's an act to get heat. I appreciate thought out match layouts and callback spots and earned counters, etc., and full credit for him if he's got that going, but I just can't believe anything about him. The good thing is that I've got so much other stuff to watch that it's not actually going to be an issue for me and I won't rain on your parade in other situations, so no worries there.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Went back and forth with Loss on it.

Maybe the most important thing for me watching wrestling at this stage of my life is immersion and commitment, being present in all aspects of the match. It's what drew me so much in with Bock and why I've spent the last year being so high on Tenryu. It's why I am not at all against you guys with Hansen even though I have my issues with him. And there's just none of that with Omega from what I've seen. Especially if this is him being on the good side. Loss called him a truly post-modern wrestler, always self-aware. He never seems in the moment to me, even when he's selling which is when some of this should drop if it's an act to get heat. I appreciate thought out match layouts and callback spots and earned counters, etc., and full credit for him if he's got that going, but I just can't believe anything about him. The good thing is that I've got so much other stuff to watch that it's not actually going to be an issue for me and I won't rain on your parade in other situations, so no worries there.

Everyone appreciates your takes man, you're not raining on any parades. 

(Plus think of this as homework for GWE)