Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - November 10, 2021

MoS

On the same token, one of the greatest storylines/feuds WWE has ever done was a year long  story about a crazy guy convinced his best friend was stealing his wife saying said friend had "lust in his eyes".

Sometimes wrestling is best when it's melodrama. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The angle where Elizabeth gets hit at ringside and Hogan carries her off while Savage loses his shit is a masterpiece, one of the best ever, and it really is ridiculous as well. 

Would be good if the network had put together individual documentaries or clip shows about these sort of storylines. Maybe they did and im just forgetting

The idea of melodrama always comes down to delivery more than content. When someone says something is melodramatic, it’s because it’s DELIVERED as such, and Kenny isn’t a good promo unless he’s being a dick, and even then that’s generous. And when one guy is like that, it’s hard for the other guy to come off good, too. 

I don't disagree, but here Omega was being a dick, and therefore it was easy for Page to play off him. Page is earnest and sincere, basically the opposite of the rest of the Elite, and he needed to be the one to really deliver well for the segment to work, and I thought he did a fabulous job. 

Even if you don't like Kenny's side of the deal, Hangman has been so good at conveying his insecurities in a way rarely seen in a babyface to the point when he wins the title it will be an all time moment for AEW. Dude's been doing the work so well it almost doesn't even matter what Kenny does (FWIW I think he's been good as the condescending dick heel champion). 

I am overall enjoying the build of the feuds (even Inner Circle vs ATT despite some dumb moments), but one thing is putting me off so much. You guys know I stan Tay Conti, but it is honestly baffling to me that she speaks Spanish in some of her promos. Not that her Spanish is bad or anything, but... I wish she would speak her native Brazilian Portuguese.

It saddens me a tad because it is very rare to see a Brazilian person making it to the big leagues, and then she (or whoever is writing the show) would rather speak a different language (that has other representatives). 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also I often get the impression that Kenny is such a polarizing figure to some folks that he could do a Hard Times level promo and they'd be like "meh, I didn't think it was that great".

Dusty himself did that promo & still had a ton of naysayers. Still to this day has a lot of naysayers. In-ring, as a promo (due to his lisp) & as the booker. I totally get your point though. Some people are so blinded by their biases, that when something is better they won't acknowledge it. I am probably guilty of this myself. Hell, a lot of us probably are. 

7 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

For me, it’s always come down to tone and pace for Kenny. He talks too fast and it doesn’t allow for folks to catch on to his stuff sometimes.

I noticed that last night but I put it down to potential time constraints. I thought the signing was a good little angle; everyone knows the story now, it didn’t need to be massively rehashed and it establishes Callis back in the mix as another obstacle for Page to overcome. Omega has slowly won me round with regards to his overall character and promo work in the last few months so of course, it’s right when he’s about to lose the title. Well, I assume. The time is definitely right for a change