Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Full Gear - Nov 13 2021

Timbo Slice

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tag title match was a little too much for me. The fact they went like 10 minutes AFTER the belt shot to the head kinda killed me. I mean, it was a fun spot fest but man, they did everything and then some and it just didn't quite click with me. Still, fun match but I was expecting a little bit better.

Miro vs Dragon was weird. Felt it was all over the place at times, the crowd and specially commentary felt like they were out of synch with what they were trying to do. I think it was like 5 minutes too long. Curious if a rewatch makes it better felt like a let down to me at first glance, in the sense I was expecting something GREAT and it was "merely" something good. Expectations are a motherfucker but when 2 great wrestlers face each other, can't help but having a high bar.

Well if I thought Miro vs Dragon could've been 5 minutes shorter. Superkliq vs JB, LS and CG could've been 10 minutes shorter. They did a bunch of insane shit, felt they definitely saved the best for last but by that point it was like I had been watching the same stuff for too damn long. Felt the same weird energy as Miro vs Dragon too.

Something tells me this crowd just wants to see Punk vs Eddie and Hangman get his coronation.

God, in hindsight, this PPV ending with Omega winning would have been a complete disaster. There were too many clunkers on this show for it to have survived a deflating heel ending. As it is, this is the best ending to a PPV in AEW history. The genuinely emotional crowd at the end was everything. 

PAC/Cody vs Andrade/Malakai.

JR said it best "it wasn't the prettiest tag match I've ever seen, but there was plenty of excitement". Cody's meta relationship with the fans didn't work for me here but they worked their asses off and there was a lot to like here. Third straight match I thought could've benefited from being shorter.

Brit vs Conti.

Man, this crowd didn't give the match a change. Really liked how they did their best to make you believe Tay had a shot at winning, I appreciated but can't say I totally bought it.