Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Full Gear - Nov 13 2021

Timbo Slice

Yeah, I got a very Austin vs Bret or even Bret vs Micheals 97 feel with the promos. It was fascinating to see how the crowd got with one of the other during the match too.

Now, we finally got Hangman as the champ, and he's really the first AEW original main-eventer. One thing great about AEW and their world title reigns is that they all have been very distinct. Jericho's was very different from Mox's, which was very different from Omega's. And as Jericho was the Terry Funk of sorts, with a heavy WWE background and Mox was the WWE outcast/rebel, Omega was the first former non-WWE main eventer getting to the position and now we got to the point of having a guy who has never been in the top spot before. The next step I guess will be one of the pillars, although at some points I could see either Danielson or Punk getting a title reign (although that doesn't seem needed). What will Hangman's reign be like ? Was the chase better than the catch ? There's plenty of heel they can line-up to build a strong reign, Miro, Andrade, Black, Cole, MJF. The dynamic is gonna change drastically and I'm pretty excited about it, although I won't lie, I'm gonna miss Omega & the Bucks on top, as the Elite's reign of terror in 2021 as been my favorite thing in pro-wrestling in decades (probably since 1997).

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t see them going right to Danielson/Hangman, I think it’ll be an extended TV feud with someone first. Black shouldn’t be losing so soon again, MJF and Darby has legs and Miro is better than the Lance Archer role of gatekeeping monster to slay. I’d go Andrade as a guy who has credibility to get a shot but can convincingly give Page a good first defence. Or have him give John Silver a title shot for being a supportive chap during the last year. 

And yeah, I forgot to mention JR but that dude was fucking out to lunch for most of the night. One match had him go on a diversion about European uppercuts that not even Tony knew how to make relevant to the match at hand.

36 minutes ago, Stiva said:

And yeah, I forgot to mention JR but that dude was fucking out to lunch for most of the night. One match had him go on a diversion about European uppercuts that not even Tony knew how to make relevant to the match at hand.

Made me think that he watched the French Catch footage of Alfred Hayes though! Unless he just remembers it from the 70s and footage we don't have. I don't remember him ever talking about European Uppercuts and Hayes before though.

12 hours ago, El-P said:

Because they did not want to beat Ruby again. And they do not want to take the belt off Baker yet. Basic.

I think you misunderstood my post.

I was not saying they should've had a rematch at Full Gear.

I was saying their first match should have been there.

Thought it was a very good show but definitely not All Out.  Hard to follow that one.

MJF/Darby was easily MOTN for me and I obviously loved Punk/Eddie, as well.  I was tearing up just during Hangman’s entrance.  Cowboy shit.  I had zero doubts Kenny would deliver in that match and he did.  I was losing my mind during the finishing kick, especially the lariat that Kenny took the flip bump on.  I do agree with those who said that the Bucks involvement was deflating to a degree.  I would have liked to have Dark Order out there at the same time if the Bucks were going to show up.

Bryan/Miro was underwhelming to me.  Especially the finishing stretch, involving a kick exchange where Bryan never kicks Miro’s heavily taped leg, while Miro repeatedly throws kicks with it.  Really bizarre psychology and weird to see guys as smart as those two work like that. Then they botched the DDT to the point that I don’t believe they could even show the replay of the finish.

Britt is basically in the Cody category for me.  If she’s involved in a meaty storyline, I can get into her matches.  If not, I am bored to tears.  This fell into the latter category.  Britt’s not a good enough worker to carry a very good match and no one in that building was buying Conti.

Expected the Inner Circle/ATT match to be worse.  Was into the Bucks/Jurassic match until it turned into a marathon.

12 hours ago, C.S. said:

I think you misunderstood my post.

I was not saying they should've had a rematch at Full Gear.

I was saying their first match should have been there.

Oh, ok, I did not get it. Well, it would have taken too much time between her first appearance and the next PPV. Plus since Baker would have won anyway, having a long-ass build to a defeat for Ruby's first big match would not have done her much good probably.