Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 22, 2021

MoS

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Also, is it me or has AEW basically not pushed at all that they are changing channels on 5th? I just see a TBS graphic for the world title rematch and not much else. 

They mention it pretty frequently, they just don't bash you over the head with it like WWE would. 

2 insane bumps in that main event; Darby playing human bowling on MJF & FTR and later, MJF almost Lita-ing himself after being thrown over the top rope by Sting.

But that main event was loads of fun. Punk's throwback to Sting's look from the 1st Clash in Greensboro was pretty cool

Page openly crapping on the idea of legend judges tells me they aren't going that route.

An intriguing thing in terms of popping a big number for the first TBS show IF everyone was available and able to do it -- which is a big IF -- would be to have the judges be the first three AEW champions. If Omega or Mox needed more time off after that, nothing says they can't go away again after the episode. And I'm not saying either of them should be pressured to do it if they aren't available, but it would be an interesting way to hype the show. 

I'd also end the match decisively, so the judges don't have to render a decision. But just their presence adds more interest to the rematch.

7 minutes ago, Loss said:

Page openly crapping on the idea of legend judges tells me they aren't going that route.

An intriguing thing in terms of popping a big number for the first TBS show IF everyone was available and able to do it -- which is a big IF -- would be to have the judges be the first three AEW champions. If Omega or Mox needed more time off after that, nothing says they can't go away again after the episode. And I'm not saying either of them should be pressured to do it if they aren't available, but it would be an interesting way to hype the show. 

I'd also end the match decisively, so the judges don't have to render a decision. But just their presence adds more interest to the rematch.

If Mox is up for it, I would love for him to do the "Terry Funk does commentary/judging and then piledrives Ric Flair to hell" angle with Hangman 

14 minutes ago, Loss said:

This is a great idea.

If they can't go that route, I'd have the first judge be someone from Danielson's past (Brie Bella?), the second judge someone from Hangman's past (not sure who, but a "surprise" not currently in AEW), and a third judge who has nothing to do with either man.

That way, if it does go to a judge's decision, it will come down to that third judge and they can build something from there.

Catching up on the rest of the show, I generally like Orange Cassidy but that opening match was boring as shit. Loved the Hangman-Danielson promo though, I was honestly thinking that Danielson was getting too much mic time in their program, and Hangman wasn't getting enough, but Hangman got the chance to cut a good promo here, even managed a little dig at Bryan and the entire B-plus thing.  

6 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Fuck Me. Wasn't the 37 years these guys were on top of NXT enough......

You've got to admire the balls on Coach Tony K to conquer NXT, then go out and hire 3/4 of the act most associated with the worst era of NXT. He'll be booking hour long Gargano vs Ciampa matches next...