Pro Wrestling Only

Stone Cold coming back for Wrestlemania

Flyin' Brian

Haven’t seen much discussion on this and I know it’s speculation, but I have a hard time believing it will be a real match if he does show up. Quick hits run through of moves (Theiz press, mud hole stomp, stunner, beer bash) and it’s over in less than five minutes most probably. Carny way to sell tickets in Texas most likely. People getting to hear the glass break and the music and be there for the pop probably won’t feel ripped off. But I honestly can’t see it being more than that, and have a hard time believing that will even happen. What does everyone else think? 

19 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also current events might have just turned KO's "dude who violently hates Texas" gimmick into the biggest babyface in wrestling.

Don't want to turn this to a political thread, but holy shit you are so fucking right. What's happening is so fucking disgusting, it's just mind-boggling

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it'll be a fun segment, but Austin's words make it clear that it is more of a "confrontation" than a "match."

Austin is probably in my top 5 favorites ever - I think I had him at #1 on my GWE ballot even - but it really hasn't been 19 years since his last appearance. I guess this is special because there's a storyline involved as opposed to him just showing up and stunnering random heels like he did at WrestleMania 32 or the McMahons for the zillionth time (like he did at the Raw 25th Anniversary show), but a look at his wikipedia reveals he also gave stunners to AJ Styles, Byron Saxton, and the Street Profits all within the past couple years. In-person, these were all probably really fun to watch, but its hard to get excited about seeing Austin give someone a stunner on TV when, truthfully, its not really anything new.

Yeah,  we don't need to see Austin trying to do a full match (and by all accounts neither does he), all people want is for him to stomp a mudhole and stunner someone, then drink some beers. I'm certain we'll get that and I don't think anyone would be disappointed.