Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV March 23/25 2022

MoS

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

I enjoy being a hater, what can I say. 

I did not notice ! :lol:

Apart from that, yeah, like I said I agree he's not been very good at all for a while now (even before the Black angle really) and I also think Griff Garrison has potential (plus he got points with me during that Lexy Nair interview where he said he did not enjoy heat and he was always tired ! And where the fuck has Lexy Nair gone ?!?).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricky Starks kind of low-key shot on Sammy and Tay when discussing his own belt (the FTW Title):

"I’m very very protective of it. So no, I’m not doing anything nasty with it like some of these people are. I just have a little bit more respect for it.”

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/03/ricky-starks-wants-make-ftw-title-more-important/

Sammy is channel-changing bad as a babyface, and he's dragging Tay in the gutter with him. 

For all the talk about Pillman Jr. in this thread, I'll take his face run over Sammy's any day - even if Pillman did look like an absolutely moron doing the "fiery babyface" routine after MJF shit all over his family.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Teasing Dark Order vs House of Black just to have DO lose the following tag match. Okay, then.

Man your standards for AEW booking certainly are extremely high. They are literally different teams in the Dark Order. 5 and 10 are the lowest in the pecking order in the various Dark Order teams. 

I caught the main event and they have turned Keith Lee v. Team Taz into a pretty hot feud, almost entirely due to the charisma and personality of all men involved. Looking forward to Powerhouse v. Lee and I think the goal eventually is Starks v. Lee. 

3 hours ago, MoS said:

Man your standards for AEW booking certainly are extremely high. They are literally different teams in the Dark Order. 5 and 10 are the lowest in the pecking order in the various Dark Order teams. 

Not high standards, this is mostly a continuation of my previous complaint of HoB (specially Malakai Black) doing nothing of substance. Black is on a hamster wheel ever since he got to AEW while Cole basically got to the title picture instantly.

While there is talk about a trios title, I wonder if such a thing is even necessary at all. HoB, by all intents and purposes should have got a more engaging feud by now - I guess there was a lot of bad luck and timing involved with the Death Triangle feud, given Fenix's injury, but still. The way you have a group with three guys who look great, have great presence, and a main event level player in Black yet nothing is happening kinda infuriates me. It is honestly my biggest complaint about AEW booking, more than Sammy being a face or anything.

7 hours ago, MoS said:

Ask and ye shall receive - 

I must say ! :lol:

Between this and me also asking "Where has Stu Grayson been, is he injured ?" only to see him walk down the aisle. 

Nooo, Bunny is gonna do the J.O.B to the new girl. :(

3 hours ago, MoS said:

Black should have 1000% challenged for the world title by now. 

Don't think so, because he was absolutely not gonna win it. Not at this point, not against Hangman. And having him show up, challenge for the title and choke, even as a heel, probably ain't the best way to go. Adam Cole can challenge and lose, because he's got the superstar aura already and can talk his way out of losing any heat. Black, unknown factor as a main event guy yet. I'd rather have them get slower, build him as part of his trio and then get the rocket on his ass if he gets over to that level.

With all the talent they have, AEW isn't rushing people on top and it's a good thing, because I don't want them to book in the very WWE way of "It's your turn now", which in the end of the day means jackshit (see : Big E). You're gonna have your guys like Archer getting title shots because they are just dragons to slay, but Malakai Black legit could be an AEW champ eventually. No need to rush him up while the main event scene doesn't need him to be there. I mean, we have more Page vs Cole, then winner against CM Punk, then I would guess winner against MJF. That will take a good part of the year. Then Omega comes back although by that point I would guess we get Omega vs Cole, which doesn't need the belt either. Of course during that time, especially maybe when/if Punk gets the belt, or after Page beats Punk maybe, then Black could be pushed toward the main event scene, that's a possibility too.

I could have seen an argument just when he showed up and killed Cody twice and was over as fuck as a babyface seemingly, but then again, what happens with Hangman then ? Since then, they are basically building his character, and yeah, Fénix injury really screwed up the feud with Death Triangle, which probably explains why HoB seems in limbo a little bit as far as programs go. But they are being presented super strong on TV in the meantime, so...

Black doesn't need the belt now, sure. However, the biggest he's been was during the Cody feud, and that whole thing was, as usual with the Codyverse, completely apart from the rest of the roster. Feuding with Varsity Blondes, an incomplete Death Triangle (Death Angle? Hehe) and now possibly with the Dark Order dorks, not very inspiring stuff, he just feels like a guy. They very well could have given him something bigger to do while having Page as champ, as I really don't think they were mutually exclusive.

On the other hand of the argument, Daniel Bryan got title shots and absolutely will be AEW Champ down the line. Black surely could have gotten something.

8 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

On the other hand of the argument, Daniel Bryan got title shots and absolutely will be AEW Champ down the line. Black surely could have gotten something.

Totally different situation. Danielson is a made man. He could put Page over without hurting his profile one bit. No idea if Danielson even wants to be the champ at this point honestly, his goal in WWE before he left was helping younger guys get over, and he can do this 100% better in AEW (where they actually acre about making new stars). That being said, a tag title reign with Mox or a TNT title reign I don't see why not. (I mean, in the grand scheme of things, of course you'd want Danielson to win the big one, but his personal goals probably are much different, he would much rather do a G1 for instance).

10 minutes ago, MoS said:

Dark Order are one of the most over stables in AEW, beating them will only heat Black up. Certainly ten times better than feuding with BPJ (sorry Jerome, there I go again...)

I feel this has already turned into a meme on this board !

But yeah, totally agree. Plus, Silver firing up against all three of HoB will be an awesome visual.

BTW, I find it kinda cool that Spears probably went to #10 and told him to use his old gimmick if that helps him get reactions.