Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 7/6 and 7/8 - Let the Summer of Doldrums Begin

Timbo Slice

Awesome show. I live-tweeted during most of it, so I won't just repost all of my thoughts here but man, a lot of this show felt like it was just for me. Good stuff. 

I will say, Ruby Riot & Thunder Rosa do nothing for me & although I think Eddie Kingston is great on the mic, he's the shits in the ring. So I'm never excited for his matches. I wish he were a manager.

If I were starting my own promotion & could take talent from anywhere in the world, my first two picks would be Miro & Brody King, so that's pretty cool to see them both in AEW & both getting TV time. So glad Miro is back. Brody looked great in the main event & they protected him pretty well. This shot was awesome:

FXB1pRQXEAYCjUN.jpg

Started late (was attending my first soccer game, I feel so worldly now), but man was this a fun episode. Love how in the middle of everything TK was like "oh btw we're gonna make a fire ass ROH PPV out of nowhere in like 2 weeks".

Surprised at how well-received (or at least, not criticized online) Christian's promos on Jungle Boy have been so far. While I don't take any significant issue with cheap heat done well, I just would've expected to see some sort of backlash to it by now.

I'll be a very happy man when he brings back the classic jacket.

Toni Storm is pretty good & Britt Baker is pretty over. Jade Cargill will probably get there but she's still really green. AEW as a whole needs some help in the women's wrestling department though. It'll be interesting to me to see if they bring in either Saraya or Mercedes Varnado - since we can't call them Paige & Sasha Banks anymore. If Mercedes is available obviously they would be insane to not get her. 

Tay Conti was getting a lot better but now she's apparently just arm candy & made a heel turn which didn't do her any favors. Anna Jay has a ton of potential but is stuck in the go-nowhere Dark Order. Abadon is a fun gimmick & she's doing a great job getting into a lot better shape but she's already kind of been used as a jobber so often that it'll take a bit to rebuild her back up if they want to use her. The Bunny was pretty damn good in Impact, as El-P would attest to, but again, in AEW she's pretty much just arm candy for whatever reason.

Shida is alright. Riho is alright but never really around. Hayter is pretty good. Paige Van Zant has a ton of potential but it's still way too early. Penelope Ford was getting a lot better but I haven't seen her in forever. I don't know if she's even still in AEW at this point. Serena Deeb is probably the best women's wrestler in AEW at this point. 

If they're serious about their women's division, they need to either give it more attention or at least use their TV time better because right now when the women come out on Dynamite it feels like the old WWF Attitude Era bathroom break time only they're wrestling instead of doing strip teases. It feels like we're so far away from the Britt Baker Vs. Thunder Rosa hardcore match that made people stand up & pay attention.