Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 07/13 - 07/15 Board is looking SPIFFY

KawadaSmile

47 minutes ago, subatomic_elbow said:

This episode felt right. Can't put my finger on it, but it was the AEW I fell in love with again.

47 minutes ago, subatomic_elbow said:

This episode felt right. Can't put my finger on it, but it was the AEW I fell in love with again.

Found Tony Khan's burner account!

2 hours ago, TimCooke said:

Enjoyed last night's episode.  If they didn't switch the tag titles, the Takeshita loss would have been a misfire but you shouldn't do two of those near each other, nonetheless on the same show.

They also just had their women's champ get upset in a title eliminator match by a Japanese wrestler the night before.

Speaking of the Rosa/Yamashita match, I just finished watching it and have something of an observation that I was hoping to get other peoples thoughts on.

A few weeks back we had the Rosa/Shafir match that looked like absolute shit, and in some corners it was suggested that Rosa was sandbagging and no-selling Shafir.

Watching this match with Yamashita, I am wondering if there potentially isn't something to that.

Yamashita's main gimmick is her kicks and early in the match they are doing the trading snapmares/kicking each other in the back spot. Yamashita is screaming like she is being killed every time Rosa kicks her, while Rosa is loosing an annoyed grunt at best when the girl with the kicking gimmick hits her.

For most of the match, her selling is spotty, and she does no sell a good bit. She really only seems interested when she is on offense.

I need to watch more of her recent stuff to see if this is a trend, but I am imagining things? or has anyone else seen this?

I think in the match you mentioned it's mostly stylistic differences between Rosa and Yamashita but Rosa can be very spotty. When she's motivated she is good and when she's not she's not and she seems more motivated when she's going over or doing something that's designed to make her look good. I think Rosa is kind of a mark for herself and she was definitely sandbagging Shafir for whatever reason.

I would imagine it's probably harder to be super professional and sell your heart out when you're losing, especially if you might be thinking the reasons you are losing are bullshit, but the audience shouldn't be able to see a marked difference in effort one way or another because of it. 

7 minutes ago, strobogo said:

I think it's more important to sell your heart out when you're losing actually

You're right, but a lot of the time people take the "well if I'm not going over, this match is going to be shit so I'm going to dog it" point of view.