Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 09/14 - 09/16

KawadaSmile

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, strobogo said:

I don't know where the hate for Lethal is coming from. I'm not into the One in a Billion deal (is that dude ever going to have a match?) but Lethal has killed it in the ring every time in AEW, imo.

Even if you discount the allegations of him being a piece of shit who got women fired from Ring of Honor because they wouldn't fuck him....

He is a bland, cookie cutter wrestler who only ever became relevant because he did a half decent Randy Savage impression, and somehow parlayed that into a career where he became the "Ace" of RoH long after that company meant a damn thing. He is a decent hand at best who doesn't deserve the level of push he has gotten.

2 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

Even if you discount the allegations of him being a piece of shit who got women fired from Ring of Honor because they wouldn't fuck him....

He is a bland, cookie cutter wrestler who only ever became relevant because he did a half decent Randy Savage impression, and somehow parlayed that into a career where he became the "Ace" of RoH long after that company meant a damn thing. He is a decent hand at best who doesn't deserve the level of push he has gotten.

The level of push that...has him losing almost every time he's on TV and PPV? 

8 minutes ago, strobogo said:

The level of push that...has him losing almost every time he's on TV and PPV? 

When you have a roster that size, the fact that they are spending that much time on him, a guy who isn't cleared to wrestle, and a green giant instead of one of the other men or women far more deserving of TV time, I would call that too much of a push no matter the outcome of his matches.

1 minute ago, Jmare007 said:

I think this is the worst crowd I've seen in the year I've been watching Dynamite.

They reacted to Ricky Starks, Lee/Swerve and Lucha Bros doing crazy shit, and the Acclaimed.  AEW's in that same phase NXT 2.0 was at launch where they have to lay the foundation to get a lot of new shit over in a short period of time. 

Just now, sek69 said:

They reacted to Ricky Starks, Lee/Swerve and Lucha Bros doing crazy shit, and the Acclaimed.  AEW's in that same phase NXT 2.0 was at launch where they have to lay the foundation to get a lot of new shit over in a short period of time. 

It's one thing to be tame but they've been dead for most of this show. Even the tag match had crickets for moments (specially after the commercial break, I'm watching the FITE feed) and Penta had to land a damn Canadian Destroyer on Keith Lee for them to show real life. The Acclaimed got a mild reaction compared to the last couple of weeks.

I don't get the in-ring reasons for the Lethal hate either. Maybe because I so rarely watched ROH that I didn't get a chance to get sick of him.

That was the worst MJF promo since his horrid shoot promo (and boy has THAT aged horribly in hindsight now that it's been rendered completely irrelevant). Just LOUD NOISES in lieu of content for a character who's retrogressed. And I'm officially over Stokely Hathaway--he sucks, his promo sucked, his booking sucks, and the Firm sucks.

The women's booking was just absolutely laughable, like a self-parody of bad TK booking. Danielson and Jericho basically saved this show.

Tony has to look at every women's segment he books involving the Women's Champion and ask himself, before he inks it into the format sheet: "Would I do this to my men's World Champion?" If the answer is "no," then he needs to come up with something else.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I realize there's several more important reasons to dislike Jay Lethal, but my pet peeve with him is the Lethal Injection is the stupidest move in wrestling.

Damn dude, that covers a lot of ground. I think The People’s Elbow, The Judas Effect and especially The Canadian Destroyer are worse.

9 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Damn dude, that covers a lot of ground. I think The People’s Elbow, The Judas Effect and especially The Canadian Destroyer are worse.

I think it's the setup for me. Everything has to stop while he does the wacky handspring setup and flings himself blindly at the opponent,  and he does all that for a cutter which hasn't been used as a finish since DDP and Johnny Ace. 

I never liked the Attitude Adjustment as a finisher. The bump is too soft looking.

Weird Dynamite. Enjoyed the two tournament matches and the MJF promo, but everything else was decent at best. I think they're gonna put the belt on Danielson because MJF will "injure" Mox or whatever (so he can have his vacation), and then do a Bryan/MJF storyline and a MJF/Mox feud right after MJF wins the title.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Dave mentioned in the latest WON that the plan (before the Punk-ening happened) was to do some sort of angle with Mox to have a storyline reason to go on vacation. 

I believe he said Mox had an angle ready for when he returned from vacation -which had to be scrapped-, not that there was going to be an angle to make him go on hiatus (and take his vacation). At least that was on WOR.