Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 09/14 - 09/16

KawadaSmile

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most shocking thing to me is how the Stokely segment didn't lose any viewers. I thought the whole thing was fine but it died a death with the live crowd and it certainly felt like it could've been better served as a video package instead of an in ring promo.

I guess people really liked last week's show and the tournament is somehow creating legit intrigue?

26 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

Look a single episode popping a good rating isn’t intrinsically noteworthy. Absent the context of the next few weeks, it’s just noise. If it stays up, then it says something, but no guarantee that will happen.

They have been over 1 million viewers for four straight weeks. Whether they can keep them when the tournament is over is another question, but that’s a pretty good streak.

Great main event. Is this, incredibly, the best in-ring career Jericho has ever had, almost 30 years after he debuted?

I would put the title on Danielson and build to Full Gear for a match with MJF. No MitB cash in anytime, anywhere bullshit. 

More than the rating itself, the fact that viewership grew consistently throughout the show is really good news. 

On 9/14/2022 at 11:12 PM, PeteF3 said:

And I'm officially over Stokely Hathaway--he sucks, his promo sucked, his booking sucks, and the Firm sucks.

Amen to this, glad to see others finally seeing it. Only ever got popular from trying so hard to be funny on twitter. the firm feels just like a knockoff Pinnacle.